Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by bessie, Mar 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

RSBM.

Up until this post I have not considered someone who lives in that neighborhood. Maybe someone was outside, asked to use her phone, turned it off, then forced her by gunpoint into their home/vehicle. Or she for some reason went willingly into their home or vehicle. In this case, her body was disposed of after dark that night.

2. TTF14

BBM.

Best memory for whom? Suicidal people are quite often filled with self loathing. If that were the case, a drainage ditch would not surprise me for Cheryl or anyone else. Getting the job done before anyone finds you is the goal.

I only know a handful of people who have committed suicide, but none of them chose a locale that was "special" to them.

3. OC Sunshine

OC Sunshine Member

What will toxicology results show if
    it's a homicide?

4. CeiliMom

CeiliMom Active Member

When I first started reading about this case, I was one who thought suicide. Then when she was found and finding out the location, I changed my mind.

I think when people choose a river, they choose it because of the swift current, they're deeper and they're more difficult to get out of. Ever been in a pool under water for too long? You start to panic and do everything in your power to get to the top for air. If you're in a river, you can't necessarily do that easily. In a drainage ditch that's only a couple feet deep, it would be easy to come up for air when your body and brain are telling you to breathe.

I also don't believe she took pills and then walked all the way there to drown herself. Sadly, I have had the experience of dealing with my child trying to overdose twice. The first was Motrin and the second was a combination of her antidepressant and anxiety med. Both times she started vomiting within a half hour of taking them and that continued for hours anytime she moved, even after receiving fluids through IV. Plus, if she'd taken a prescription drug, her family would be able to tell if a large amount were missing. I suppose there is always the chance she bought some illegally, but I just don't see CD as one who would break the law.

5. TTF14

Not if she kept them in her missing purse.

I'm sorry you have experienced that twice with your daughter :(.

6. Mentalheadslap

Mentalheadslap New Member

In case folks are looking for it, beginning in thread #3, on 3/4/2016 at post #916 and on, you will see comments from Stryker57, a verified family member. Some of the inquiries here can be addressed by reading his comments.

7. Mentalheadslap

I am very curious about whether or not she had a laptop in her possession.

8. Mentalheadslap

Agree. It was a fluid situation. Sounds like she was keeping her options open.

9. dizzychick

dizzychick Well-Known Member

10. Mentalheadslap

Stryker57 is a verified family member. He spoke about this, not sure exactly where. He joined this forum at thread #3 on 3/3/2016, comment #916. You can also see his comments at his profile.

11. WhisperWorm

WhisperWorm New Member

Because even when your cell phone is turned off it is still active. Data is sent to the tower in the process of powering it down. Data to the tower is cut-off when the battery is pulled out of it.

The only jewelry/accessories I have seen CD wearing was an occasional necklace. It doesn't appear that her or her husband wore wedding rings.

CD did wear glasses, though, and I'm curious if those were found yet. And if so; where.

If I'm not mistaken (and Stryker57 can chime in here); the carpool driver worked with Cheryl.

I don't think the carpool driver would care if they lost their spot so much as they waited until they were almost late to work, so they went on ahead like Cheryl asked them to do.

And agreed - you can really catch up a lot if you read through Stryker57's comments via his profile. (Very grateful to him for all of his input.)

12. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

RSBM:

I agree....we are very fortunate to have Stryker joining us here, as difficult & heart-wrenching as it must be for him. Stryker, you have more friends here than you will ever know......all wishing you well and sending prayers to you, your dad and to your mom in heaven.

13. dizzychick

dizzychick Well-Known Member

and this is just another reason why I thought suicide was near impossible , why get ready for work, take out food for dinner, get dressed leave ,park your car and then say F -it and jump in a culvert? No way Jose women usually take pills, if she was suicidial I would think she would call in sick stay home and take pills or whatever...

14. otto

otto Verified Expert

I have not known someone who committed suicide, so my knowledge of this mental illness is purely academic. Having said that, Cheryl did not suffer from mental illness. The "suicide theory" seems to spawn from an inability to understand how she ended up in a drainage ditch, rather than a coherent set of facts that imply that suicide is a likely explanation for her death.

15. Dushi

Dushi Well-Known Member

That is how I see it
    Family knows cause and mechanism
    They don't know manner
    It seems that whatever ended Cheryl's life, could have happened in more than one way

16. Treelights

Treelights New Member

And then later the media said She May Have…., not that she did.

So, again, is it interpretation and semantics of what one would think she would do, if she were on her way(walking) to the park and ride area? I haven't read anywhere that she was actually seen walking on that gravel path.
    If she were to walk from where her car was parked, it is then thought about well she would have to walk through that gravel path to get to the park and ride, or walk around that park. Short cut is to walk on the gravel path.

IMOO.

17. Stripehaven

Stripehaven Well-Known Member

Thw "wrong bus theory is highly unlikely IMO. It would be virtually impossible for an experienced commuter to get mixed up.

At that park and ride, you catch the bus to Seattle takkng a walkway to a platform between the northbound and southbound lanes of I-5. Only commuter buses stop there. The local that goes within 8 blocks of the culvert doesn't stop there.

Also, the two types of buses look very different. The local is almost a "short bus." In fact, I think they are even operated by different companies: Sound Transit for the commuter bus and Community Transit for the local. CT runs commuter buses too, but I don't think they stop at the MLT freeway stop.

18. Treelights

Treelights New Member

It was a response to my post, but then it got deleted for some reason.

IMOO.

19. Stripehaven

Stripehaven Well-Known Member

I know you're right about the irrationality in these situations. But wasn't Elizabeth known to have some mental health issues previously? Can't recall for sure. Cheryl apparently didn't. But I was thinking mainly about the convoluted way Cheryl would likely have had to reach the culvert under her own power. If she had planned suicide, I just can't imagine it playing out this way. There were other easier spots for her to get to.

It was probably fairly easy for Elizabeth to get into the river, and perhaps she hoped to be swept away. That makes a kind of sense to me. The culvert - ugh.

I know anything is possible but this scenario just doesn't add up for me. IMO of course

20. mrsgladyskravitz

mrsgladyskravitz New Member

[​IMG]
    1) This is platform Stripehaven speaks of.

[​IMG]
    2) View of platform connected to parking structure

[​IMG]
    3) Close up of parking structure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.