WA - Darren Christian, 28, Daniel Varo, 22, & Lindy Cochran, 21, Tacoma, 7 Feb 2006

Alice253

Live Every Moment
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/259207_threedead11.html

TACOMA -- The three people found slain in a north Tacoma house were identified Friday by the Pierce County Medical Examiner's Office.

The victims were Lindy A. Cochran, 21, of Auburn; Darren S. Christian, 28, of Tacoma; and Daniel J. Varo, 22, of Tacoma. All died of gunshot wounds.

A friend of Varo's discovered the bodies Wednesday when he went to the house, which Christian was renting. Varo had been staying with Christian recently.

Investigators were looking at several possible motives. Police have said they don't believe it was a random killing or a homicide-suicide.

For Don Varo, 59, of Beaverton, Ore., the killings marked the second loss of a child in a homicide.

One of the victims was Varo's son, Daniel, who recently moved to Tacoma from Port Orchard.

His 13-year-old daughter, Lydia Braschler-Varo, was found beaten to death after she went for a walk near her aunt's home in Mount Vernon in July 2001.

oh dear, this is too much to take.

my thoughts and sympathies to the victims, their families and loved ones.

This poor family. Such senseless violence and loss of young lives.

My prayers and condolances to all the families.

fran

This is just so wrong!

My thoughts & condolences to the families. Such a tragedy.....

I'm not really sure if this should go here or in the "crimes in the news "forum, please move it if need be.

Tensions were high in a Tacoma courtroom Wednesday when a man who pleaded guilty to killing three people told the victims' families to "get over it."

Ulysses Handy, 24, will spend the rest of his life in prison after pleading guilty to murder charges to avoid a possible death penalty.

He shot 28-year old Darren Christian, 20-year old Daniel Varo and 21-year old Lindy Cochran to death in February during a robbery at a Tacoma home. The three were his friends.

Handy smirked in court as relatives of the victims talked about their loss. When it was his turn to speak, Handy said he was asking for no sympathy because he doesn't have any.

Handy showed no remorse as he addressed the court Wednesday, "I feel there's two types of people in this world, us and them, predator and prey. Well, I'm damn sure not a prey. So, I know there's people up in here hurt. Well, pain's a part of life, deal with it, get over it."

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/9902931/detail.html

What a sick Mother F'er

bakerprune64 said:
I'm not really sure if this should go here or in the "crimes in the news "forum, please move it if need be.

Tensions were high in a Tacoma courtroom Wednesday when a man who pleaded guilty to killing three people told the victims' families to "get over it."

Ulysses Handy, 24, will spend the rest of his life in prison after pleading guilty to murder charges to avoid a possible death penalty.

He shot 28-year old Darren Christian, 20-year old Daniel Varo and 21-year old Lindy Cochran to death in February during a robbery at a Tacoma home. The three were his friends.

Handy smirked in court as relatives of the victims talked about their loss. When it was his turn to speak, Handy said he was asking for no sympathy because he doesn't have any.

Handy showed no remorse as he addressed the court Wednesday, "I feel there's two types of people in this world, us and them, predator and prey. Well, I'm damn sure not a prey. So, I know there's people up in here hurt. Well, pain's a part of life, deal with it, get over it."

What a sick Mother F'er
What a :loser:

Wonder how he'll feel after being incarcerated 50 or so years down the line? :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar

And does anyone doubt why the death penalty is on the books? No remorse, no anything just his own world even if he is incorporated in prison. And, we are supposed to care for him through his much longer life than his victims? This is my problem. The true victims of crime are given a second hand seat when these personality disordered are cared for to their natural death. It isn't right and it isn't fair to the families who have to live with a preventable loss. Not even counting a victim who didn't ask for this and never deserves it.

I don't care what actor plays the part in the next "role". It is a given to me that there is evil and it shouldn't be given any credible sources to espouse it.

Does the tatoo on his throat state "Sadist"? How lovely! Wasn't that a clue to his mother that her son was't the innocent little boy she thought he was?

How truly unfortunate that this scum was allowed to even address the victims' family members.

I hope his buddies that were detained outside the courtroom are also brought up on charges for threatening the families. More scum that should be dealt with.

Unbelievable!

Glad he feels that way - he's going to a place where everyone else feels the same way - and he'll be their prey! There's always someone worse.

Details said:
Glad he feels that way - he's going to a place where everyone else feels the same way - and he'll be their prey! There's always someone worse.
There is and this guy will likely find this out when he is in the shower block.Dog eat Dog as they say. :clap: :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :clap: :clap:

bakerprune64 said:

What a sick Mother F'er
What a piece of garbage:loser: Maybe the prison gangs will find them a new toy to play with. Hoping!

Goz

This guy killed my friend (Daniel Varo) and I'm still upset about it. I was very good friends with Dan. I want to help find the other people who were involved in this. If not finding the others involved in this, I can help with others. This handy guy is a scum bag and had no remorse for murdering one of my best friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back