GUILTY WA - David Koenigs, 57, found murdered, Seattle, 14 Dec 2005

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by mysteriew, Dec 17, 2005.

1. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

Three suspects wanted after a Seattle homicide were taken into custody after they asked plainclothes Oregon State Police troopers for gas money, authorities said.

The arrests follow the slaying of David Koenigs, 57, a former director of Seattle St. Vincent de Paul. His body was found in the backyard of his home Wednesday night by firefighters responding to a fire there.

According to the state police, three troopers from Central Point were returning from a SWAT operation Thursday morning when they stopped at a gas station off I-5 about 20 miles north of Roseburg.

The troopers were approached by a man in a silver BMW with Washington state license plates who asked for gas money.

According to the prosecutor, the victim had hired Jones and another transient to help him remodel his house. Jones stabbed, beat and strangled Koenigs, then set fire to his house, the prosecutor's office said.
    http://www.kirotv.com/news/5550704/detail.html

2. Loading...

3. Bobbisangel

Bobbisangel New Member

The victim probably gave jobs to these guys because he thought they could use the money and out of the goodness of his heart. Sometimes it really doesn't pay to do something nice for others.

This summer I let a kid stay here for two weeks because he didn't have anywhere to live. I knew him...he was a friend of my grandaughters. I felt sorry for him and he was waiting to get into drug rehab. I let him borrow my truck a couple time to run an errand. Both times he was gone about 3 hours and then told me these big stories about why he was gone so long. The day before he left for rehab he took my new lawn mower to mow a lawn and he never brought it back. I talked to his mom and dad and they are sure he took it and sold it for drug money. I was furious as I had given him a helping hand and then he screwed me over. I wrote him a letter and that is that. My grandaughter says he is ashamed but she knows he is sorry. I said "part of AA/NA is making amends. When he makes amends with me and replaces my lawn mower then I will believe that he is sorry. Until then he better not darken my doorway. Just really ticks me off and makes me not want to help anyone.

4. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From June 2007:

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Transients-who-killed-Samaritan-each-get-maximum-1240083.php