WA WA - Donna Van Zandt, 33, Quinault, April 2014

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by OkieGranny, Aug 29, 2014.

1. gokyo

gokyo New Member

I should say that the police report said very little about it actually, and it might not have even been her car. The exact wording was "I arrived on scene and observed a small car parking in the driveway with numerous boxes and bags stacked on the car and around it." so perhaps I shouldn't jump to conclusions about it, maybe it wasn't her car and maybe it wasn't full of her possessions. Hard to say from the info provided. If someone really wanted to do some more investigating they could contact the guy she was staying with when she was arrested.

I know him on social media and he's the one who told me about her disappearance as well. He's right, I only ever knew her as a good person. It's hard to imagine her ending up in the place she did.

2. gokyo

gokyo New Member

She missed a court appearance on June 13th and a warrant was issued for her arrest. The July 25th date was when her bail was forfeited.

Bit of hope likes this.
  3. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

Yes, you can find a lot on the chess forums. I do not consider myself an insider, and the person who could shed more light, sadly, refuses to join this forum. But as much as I can understand, Donna's dad was killed on the East Coast around 1999 (it is a mistake that he died the same year as her mom). On chess forums, they say there was some alienation by the time her mom died. Much as I didn't know Donna, I doubt the disappearance was self-inflicted. John Donaldson wrote something nice about her, btw. If I'd appeal to her "loved ones", re NAMUS, John or her first husband come across as at least somehow involved. MOO.

Bit of hope likes this.
  4. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

This is a question, where on the peninsula? They have tiny places. Can't imagine no one noticing her.

Bit of hope likes this.
  5. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Maybe I have to take some time off.

I can't recall I said something about the year Donna's dad was killed (mistake?) Are you referring to other sources you read on this matter?

I don't know who filed a missing persons report. I could try to reach out to the Namus contacts and ask if they want to add the pictures/information about the tattoos. Not sure if that is going to work, but I can try. I think (hope) they will get confirmation of it, through the appropriate channels.

6. Bit of hope

Could you direct us to a source? Do you mean this was the "aftermath" of an arrest for drugs or domestic violence. I'm not totally familiar with court issues in America. Thanks upfront. My interest is not motivated by curiosity. It's more about finding out where she was and when (dates), making some kind of time line and hoping this can possibly give us more insight in the events leading up to her disappearance. Still have this question: what is (if there was) her connection with Neilton?

7. gokyo

gokyo New Member

I just looked at public records and documents. You can search for her by name here: Smart Search - Odyssey Portal - Washington Courts Online Case Search and you can request copies of court documents here: Washington State Archives, Digital Archives - Title Info: Jefferson County Superior Court Case Files, 2010-Present. I'm not aware of any domestic abuse case but she was arrested in February 2014 for trespassing (she refused to leave the property of a guy she met on craigslist) and possession of meth and drug gear in Port Townsend. Once arrested she was out on bail but would have still had to make court appearances until there was a court decision. She missed one of those appearances in June at which point a warrant for her arrest went out and her bail money was seized.

No idea about Neilton, there is nothing in the court records I saw about it. There may be no connection, her only connection to Port Townsend was a craigslist personal ad and probably knew about that except for her. Without access to her email it might be hard to find out more.

Bit of hope likes this.
  8. Bit of hope

I also found this.

13-2-03269-0 /9-6-2013 Domestic Violation Pet01 Steven Gene Derosier, Resp01. Donna Van Zandt Tacoma Daily Index, September 11, 2013

My bad, I probably mixed that up with domestic abuse.

MajorHoople likes this.