WA - Everett Redmond, 6 wks, beaten to death, dad charged, 15 Oct 2014

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by OkieGranny, Nov 1, 2014.

1. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.columbian.com/news/2014/oct/28/bail-reduced-in-baby-homicide-case/

http://www.columbian.com/news/2014/oct/23/vancouver-man-accused-killing-son-pleads-not-guilt/

2. Loading...

3. TDW59

TDW59 New Member

Jesus wept.

4. Jovi Girl

Jovi Girl Member

After reading here on Websleuths for awhile, it seems many people lose their patience with little ones. Where is the common sense to leave baby in the crib, call your spouse, mom, a neighbor and tell them you are having a difficult time.? Why in he'll would you throw an infant around like that ? Did mom have ANY idea that daddy was a ticking bomb ? It breaks my heart and I wish we knew what to do to prevent this from happening over and over again .:jail:

5. iamnotagolem

iamnotagolem Active Member

A 6 pound baby? I can't imagine doing anything but cuddling an infant. How in one month's time do you have time to inflict that much abuse on a baby? I'd like Hulk to throw that POS across the planet a few times.

6. Kensie

Kensie Well-Known Member

Beyond comprehension.

7. MissUnderstood

MissUnderstood Member

Totally agree!!
    With my first baby I was a mess. His dad left me after ten years a few days after he was born, I had to look for work to the pay the rent and had minimal help. I sometimes would make a coffee and sit outside just to gather some strength and have some quiet. I know it's frustrating but there is no excuse for this!!!!

MOO!!

8. RT51

RT51 New Member

I breast fed my babies. My oldest ate every 2 hours around the clock, for the first 2 months. (She's 27 now, and a mother herself) I remember being so exhausted and crying while feeding her, but I never thought to throw her across the room!

That poor little baby went through so much pain in such a short time. My heart is broken for him.

9. TDW59

TDW59 New Member

My first child slept thro the night quite soon, the second did not and had me up all the time. I was so tired, exhausted and yes, frustrated and mad when I would be woke up again.

I would put her to my breast while in the rocking chair and say "You have exactly 250 rocks and that is it!"
    Neither of us ever made it to 250. She fed and went back to sleep, the rocking and counting calmed me..and all ended well.

So, I understand babies can be stressful. However, this man is beastly beyond my ability to even imagine.