WA - Everett Redmond, 6 wks, beaten to death, dad charged, 15 Oct 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.columbian.com/news/2014/oct/28/bail-reduced-in-baby-homicide-case/

Redmond, 24, said he had just returned to the family’s Maplewood neighborhood home from work on Oct. 15 when he threw 1-month-old Everett Redmond because the infant was fussy...

Redmond confessed that he lifted the infant over his head and threw him from a bed onto a changing table, a distance of 7 to 9 feet, Deputy Prosecutor Patrick Robinson has said. The baby weighed about 6 pounds...

David Redmond allegedly confessed that he had abused his son at other times during the infant’s brief life. He said he forced the baby’s mouth shut at the jaw to try to stop him from crying, squeezed him, threw him onto the bed and threw him against a couch, causing the baby to fall onto the floor, according to court documents. He also spanked the baby when the infant was 1 week old, court documents say.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2014/oct/23/vancouver-man-accused-killing-son-pleads-not-guilt/

Everett Redmond was taken to PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center, then transferred to Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland. He was kept alive with machines for a period of time before he died, Robinson said.

David Redmond initially claimed that the baby’s injuries came from him rolling over onto the baby while they were napping together or from the baby getting wedged between a couch and a chair, but he later recanted those stories, Hafer wrote.

Dan Leonhardt, a doctor at the children’s hospital, said that the baby had a large skull fracture with soft tissue swelling. He had bleeding inside his skull and hemorrhaging in his eyes that extended all the way out to the periphery, according to the affidavit. The doctor said the injuries were caused by blunt-force trauma and could not have resulted from the father and child napping together, Hafer wrote.

After reading here on Websleuths for awhile, it seems many people lose their patience with little ones. Where is the common sense to leave baby in the crib, call your spouse, mom, a neighbor and tell them you are having a difficult time.? Why in he'll would you throw an infant around like that ? Did mom have ANY idea that daddy was a ticking bomb ? It breaks my heart and I wish we knew what to do to prevent this from happening over and over again .:jail:

A 6 pound baby? I can't imagine doing anything but cuddling an infant. How in one month's time do you have time to inflict that much abuse on a baby? I'd like Hulk to throw that across the planet a few times.

After reading here on Websleuths for awhile, it seems many people lose their patience with little ones. Where is the common sense to leave baby in the crib, call your spouse, mom, a neighbor and tell them you are having a difficult time.? Why in he'll would you throw an infant around like that ? Did mom have ANY idea that daddy was a ticking bomb ? It breaks my heart and I wish we knew what to do to prevent this from happening over and over again .:jail:

Totally agree!!
With my first baby I was a mess. His dad left me after ten years a few days after he was born, I had to look for work to the pay the rent and had minimal help. I sometimes would make a coffee and sit outside just to gather some strength and have some quiet. I know it's frustrating but there is no excuse for this!!!!

MOO!!

I breast fed my babies. My oldest ate every 2 hours around the clock, for the first 2 months. (She's 27 now, and a mother herself) I remember being so exhausted and crying while feeding her, but I never thought to throw her across the room!

That poor little baby went through so much pain in such a short time. My heart is broken for him.

My first child slept thro the night quite soon, the second did not and had me up all the time. I was so tired, exhausted and yes, frustrated and mad when I would be woke up again.

I would put her to my breast while in the rocking chair and say "You have exactly 250 rocks and that is it!"
Neither of us ever made it to 250. She fed and went back to sleep, the rocking and counting calmed me..and all ended well.

So, I understand babies can be stressful. However, this man is beastly beyond my ability to even imagine.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back