WA - Exec Arrested for Bison Slaughter

I hope they throw the book at this guy. I think he thought he was above the law because he has money. They need to prove him wrong and put him away for what he did.

These are the most beautiful animals! So very sad. I just couldn't look at the pictures! This is very sickening and disgusting!:mad:

This arrogant *advertiser censored** should live in a city townhouse, surrounded by concrete! Who does he think he is?

And I agree, there is no common courtesy and no respect for anything or anyone anymore! The world's motto seems to be " It's all about me" these days.
And this guy surely shouldn't have a dog or any other animal in his care , because I don't think he understands about caring or giving, even just a little bit.
Definitely magnificent. We went out to help a friend deliver a calf the cow was having problems with. He had a female buffalo there and has had her for several years. We were in the middle of the pasture in a lean-to shed and when I got up to go for the soapy water, I found myself nose to nose with her. She was very tame as she'd been raised on a bottle from a calf. It was a bit unnerving though, face to face with her. I just gave her a pat on the forehead and went on with getting the bucket. When helping our elderly friend, I would get out of the truck and open and close gates into the bufallo pens, but never got that close to them. The only time I was close to the elk was when we ran them through the squeeze chutes to get them vaccinated and tagged.

What makes me mad is there were only a very few on his property. The rest were on federal lands. They didn't take the meat, just killed for the sport of it.

What makes me mad is there were only a very few on his property. The rest were on federal lands. They didn't take the meat, just killed for the sport of it.

I've got my panties in a bunch over that as well. Also, I read the charging documents and it looks like he started the slaughter well before he filed his suit against his neighbor and way before the deadline for the neighbor's response.

I had a neighbor who had a buffalo ... it was always fun to give directions to my out of town guests. "Just take a left after the buffalo."

That same neighbor had a bull that got out and attacked my kids school bus. :eek:

I wonder what is the penalty is here if he's found guilty?

If it's just a fine then this guy probably thought about this before thinking it would be money well spent.

I still can't believe what he did.:furious: I think everyone who participated in this should be charged too. What the heck is wrong with these guys!!:furious:

I started a thread somewhere in here, probably a few pages on by now about Troy Tagtmeyer near us abusing dogs at his kennel. He is facing these charges from one of my posts there. I'm quoting a piece of it. Charges are pretty stiff and with 46 counts he'll go away for along time plus pay a hefty fine:

Tagtmeyer faces 46 counts of aggravated animal cruelty, each a class six felony. Each charge could bring a 1-to-2 year sentence with a $1,000 to $100,000 fine per charge. Additionally, with aggravated circumstances prison time could reach a maximum of 4 years per charge.

Let's assume this is a state law. I don't know for sure.

How sick! What a horrible slaughter and abuse. It was wrong, wrong, wrong, but why did he "waste" the meat? All torn apart and left to rot. And why did he skin them? What did he do with the skins? Keep them as trophies? Horrible!

How sick! What a horrible slaughter and abuse. It was wrong, wrong, wrong, but why did he "waste" the meat? All torn apart and left to rot. And why did he skin them? What did he do with the skins? Keep them as trophies? Horrible!
When our elderly friend retired from the domestic herd business of buffalo and elk, he would allow hunters to come one at a time. They had to go with him in HIS truck and stay in the truck. They were allowed to shoot an elk or bufallo. We were there at the end of one. They brought the elk in, removed the head. The head was placed in a box with dry ice and fed-exed to UNC. This is the law. The brain must be examined for wasting disease. This was a domestic herd and vaccinated and on controlled acerage, but still the law is the law. The men were not happy, but the law is the law. They gutted the elk, and carefully put the elk in their truck wrapped in plastic bags. They were going to process the meat for food. They were allowed the rack (antlers) also.

We were given a young elk who broke its' leg and had to be put out of it's misery. We took it immediately to a local meat locker who processed the meat into steaks, ground meat, sausage, etc. We also shared the meat with others. Same for the buffalo we were given. We didn't keep the head. We took it to the locker for processing into the same products as the elk, but got the skin back. They even gave us two more skins of other locals who didn't want it. All three hides went to Kansas for curing. Ours cost us about $700 to be cured and tanned. We use the hide as a bed covering and also use it in the winter when we have wagon rides for Christmas caroling. Along with old quilts and blankets, it keeps people warm.

I didn't know that some of the hides were stripped and the meat left behind. What stupidity. Buffalo is really a great meat and so much healthier than beef. Leaner, less cholesterol, richer.

This guy should get the book thrown at him. You just don't do that to someone elses property. Disgusting.

Years ago when I went to Texax A&M College of Veterinary Medicine for a tour during the application to Vet school process I was fortunate enough to see a bison they had their for treatment. Wow! What a magnificent animal with such history in our country! It disgusts me that some people take without giving and brutally kill beautiful animals in the way that they did!

I once saw video of a relatively famous TV star shoot a black leopard in a small pen. I estimated the pen to be about 8ft by 8ft. There were (Are there still? I don't know) shoots people could pay high money for where the exotic wild animal, filled with terror for their lives would be put in a small pen to be killed by sorry excuses for hunters. It disgusted me, and I will not pay for or watch any show or any film that sorry excuse for a man is or will ever be in again. I will not name him because I cannot find the video or a report about it online. Otherwise I would have no problem naming him--if I could show proof. But, I saw this clearly on video. There was no mistake.

I understand that most people eat meat and that we may be omnivorous. But, having the cognitive ability to understand that animals feel pain and fear should make us abide by the understanding that killing should only be done if we are to use the animal and that all measures be taken to give the animals the best life possible before death. Our own chicken, Turkey, duck, and cattle farms often don't do this, imo. I am not a fanatic. I just have respect for animals who do feel pain and fear and want for that not to happen. And, I don't think beautiful bison should be slaughtered illegally and just plain killed that way. It's a disgrace.

My dad was a gun collector and NRA instructor. His sport was target shooting. He did shoot skeet in the service and my mom made him stop when they got the bill from the officer's club. Expensive. He went duck hunting once with friends and didn't really enjoy it. He never hunted again. He always said you only shoot game for food, not for the sport or trophy. He stuck with paper targets. I do understand the need to thin herds, but give the animals a sporting chance. An 8 x 8 pen is criminal.

My dad was a gun collector and NRA instructor. His sport was target shooting. He did shoot skeet in the service and my mom made him stop when they got the bill from the officer's club. Expensive. He went duck hunting once with friends and didn't really enjoy it. He never hunted again. He always said you only shoot game for food, not for the sport or trophy. He stuck with paper targets. I do understand the need to thin herds, but give the animals a sporting chance. An 8 x 8 pen is criminal.

The more i learn of your father, the more i :blowkiss: him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back