WA - Gabriel Davies, 16, suspicious circ, didn't arr at HS football prac, veh found near Tenino, Olympia, 31 August 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm open to that. I wonder if he had a fight with a girlfriend or some sort of emotional event.

Although a crime is on the table, i'm just not seeing it with the facts so far.
That was my thought too... a girlfriend/boyfriend angle. Working with high school students daily, they can become emotional at the drop of a hat, IMO.

If he was the one that smashed his phone, I think it’s likely it was over an emotional conversation. Unless of course, he thought destroying the phone meant they couldn’t track him.

That was my thought too... a girlfriend/boyfriend angle. Working with high school students daily, they can become emotional at the drop of a hat, IMO.

If he was the one that smashed his phone, I think it’s likely it was over an emotional conversation. Unless of course, he thought destroying the phone meant they couldn’t track him.
Yeah, I'd think differently if he wasn't seen walking from his vehicle after that, so right now I've got to believe this is most likely some sort of self harm situation.

I just wish we had more details about what preceded this.

Yeah, I'd think differently if he wasn't seen walking from his vehicle after that, so right now I've got to believe this is most likely some sort of self harm situation.

I just wish we had more details about what preceded this.
Right. The police seem pretty confident that it was him walking, but I really figured they might have video of him.

Not sure what the blood in the vehicle was about, but if he did have an emotional conversation/fight over the phone, I could imagine him maybe hitting something in frustration and drawing blood that way?

Right. The police seem pretty confident that it was him walking, but I really figured they might have video of him.

Not sure what the blood in the vehicle was about, but if he did have an emotional conversation/fight over the phone, I could imagine him maybe hitting something in frustration and drawing blood that way?
Yup, punching the console or something. It would be helpful to know just how much blood was found, and where.

There are two other young men who have gone missing in that area within the last few years:

Matthew Anfeldt

Logan Schiendelman

I made a map of the locations the three were last seen or where their cars were found:

View attachment 363274
All three of these cases are suggestive of an acute onset mania. Weird.

IMO it's not a coincidence he last used his phone at 5:10 and shortly after, abandoned the vehicle and left. Something he either heard or saw on his phone (not sure if it was a call or text or what the last phone use was) must have been a catalyst in him leaving his vehicle and walking (and smashing the phone) IMO. The blood, if it's a small amount, could be from him hitting something or even smashing his phone and cutting himself a bit. It almost seems like he was on the phone and got so upset and/or angry at whatever this situation was, he immediately pulled over where he was driving and just stopped right there.

I do get wanting to walk a bit to blow off steam or what not. But was his original plan to walk an hour and a half away to a state park? Did he just get lost in his thoughts walking and didn't realize how far he went and then something happened at the park?

Also, what time was this practice supposed to start? Did he leave with just enough time to arrive on time or did he leave way early, almost as if he planned to stop elsewhere first? Where is the car abandonment spot in relation to his school for practice? Like would it be on a logical driving route there or way off base?

Press Conference

1st Sept.

Sheriff - I just want you all to know that our main goal is to bring Gabriel home to his family. And first and foremost, I want to thank all our partner agencies who have assisted in this investigation to include Washington State Patrol Aviation unit, the Olympic Police Department, Washington State parks. The search and rescue have been phenomenal and obviously our citizens who have called in tips and assisted us in giving us information about possible locations. And I want you to know that we're working every angle we can to bring Gabriel home. So thank you very much.

LE - I would also like to thank the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The FBI is several agents involved in assisting us with this investigation to this point. So yesterday, at approximately 5 pm, our deputies were dispatched to a suspicious vehicle at the 16100 block of Tilley Road, which is just South of our location here. At that location, our deputies found a vehicle with items strewn about, a small amount of blood inside the vehicle and a phone that had been shattered on the ground. We made contact with the registered owner of that vehicle and they told us that their son, 16 year old Gabriel, had that vehicle at the time. And he had been headed to football practice at Olympia High School at 4 o'clock when he was last seen.

So since last night our deputies and our detectives have been working every angle. We've utilised the FBI to help us analyse data related to cell phones and tracing the movements of Gabriel from his home to his cu.... the location of the vehicle. This morning we have received multiple tips, over half a dozen tips, with sightings of Gabriel on the Tilley Road area. All of those tips indicate that he was travelling northbound from the 16100 block and that he was by himself at the time that he was seen. We have most recently received a tip that he had been seen entering Millersylvania State Park.

So at this point we have not received any tips that would indicate that Gabriel was in the presence of another individual, but we are still exploring every angle of this case because our ultimate goal is to bring Gabriel home to his family. Currently we have all of our detectives working this incident. We have detectives from the Olympia Police Department we have state parks, we have our search and rescue coordinator and ground searchers, as well as search dogs. And the FBI is also helping us with canvassing.

We will continue to work on this case and work every angle until we bring Gabriel home to his family. I want to encourage the public to please call in any tips that they may have. If anyone recalls seeing an individual walking down Tilley Road yesterday between 5-8 pm., we'd really be interested in that location. We'd be really interested in hearing the information that they have to provide. We would also like to encourage the public to stay out of the Tilley Road area if possible. We are encouraged by the amount of support we're receiving from the public. However, when we do have search dogs and searchers in the area it is important that we let them proceed through the area uninhibited. At a time when we feel is necessary to involve the public in a ground search to bring in additional personnel, we will communicate that through our social media. Do you have any questions?

Reporter - What was he wearing when he was last seen?

LE - So he was last seen in a pair of basketball shorts and a jersey, and that's what we believe he was wearing when he left the vehicle.

Reporter - Football jersey?

LE - Football jersey.

Reporter - Was it blue and white?

LE - Yes, and the shorts were blue from our indication.

Reporter - Any signs of injury? Did anybody think he was walking strangely, or bleeding or....?

LE - No, none of the tips provided indicated that he was injured in any way, or in distress.

Reporter - Say the state park again, the name?

LE - Millersylvania State.

Reporter - And he was last seen walking into that state park?

LE - That is correct and that is just on Tilley Rd. just south of us as well.

Reporter - Do you have any footage of that? Like a ring doorbell or..?

LE - So we have been canvassing the area and checking for residents that may have surveillance or ring door bells, but we have not found any footage of Gabriel yet.

Reporter - And about what time was he seen walking to that park? And was that today or yesterday?

LE - So all of the tips that we have received are between 5:30 pm and about 6:30 pm and we believe his vehicle came into the area just after 5.

Reporter - That tip from down the road here when he was last seen?

LE - Correct. At the 16100 block.

Reporter - Who did that come from?

LE - So the vehicle was found on private property on a private drive off of Tilley Road. So the resident there came home from work and saw the vehicle in their driveway and called it in.

Reporter - And then in the 15000 block, that last sighting - where did that come from?

LE - Another passer-by, they remembered seeing Gabriel as they passed by coming home from work yesterday.

Reporter - The dogs have been working that area. Do we know if they've found anything?

LE - We are encouraged by the progress of the dogs. I haven't spoken with the handlers directly, but they have moved from that vehicle at the 16000 block and moved forward North on Tilley Rd.

Reporter - The cell phone data from the FBI's assistance - Was he actively using his cell phone?

LE - So we are currently analysing that data and the last known usage of that phone was at 5:10 pm.

Reporter - Do you have any idea who he called or talked to?

LE - So we're still going through that data at this point.

Reporter - What time did the initial call come in about the suspicious vehicle?

LE - Just after 5.30.

Reporter - So in this timeframe when he was last seen - Did he communicate with any family or friends? Or did any reports come in from family or friends seeing him? Anyone who would know him?

LE - So, it wasn't until we contacted the family about the vehicle and its suspicious location that the family brought up that he was supposed to be... it was their belief that he was at football practice.

Reporter - The final sightings of him were all by random people that he has no interaction with?

LE - That's correct.

Reporter - What does that say - that people saw something and said something?

LE - Without the public in cases like this we would have very little to go off. But we're encouraged by the number of tips that we've received and the community assistance of those tips, and their timeframe, which tells us that we're heading in the right direction with this.

Reporter - Can you clear this up - I had read that his vehicle or he was seen on Tilley Rd. on 18th Ave. (inaudible!!!!!) discrepancy here?

LE - So I believe that information came from phone data accessed by the family prior to us locating him. So that was misinformation that was being spread around. His vehicle, in fact, was located at the 16100 block.

Reporter - Does the family live on this side of the county? or closer to the high school?

LE - The family lives in the City of Olympia.

Reporter - So was there any reason, within his path to the high school - Any reason he would be down in this area?

LE - Not to our knowledge.

Reporter - Any criminal history? Or recent fights, or threats or anything the the family have made you aware of?

Reporter - (Asks about Gabriel's parents)

LE - They were obviously very distraught and they're still distraught to this point, but they're working with us cooperatively and helping us locate their son.

Reporter - Because he was wearing that jersey - Was that what made him easy to pinpoint for the people that were passing by?

LE - Not sure.

Reporter - So he is 16 instead of 17?

LE - That's correct.

Reporter - (inaudible)

LE - We are working every angle of this case, but to this point we have not been provided with any information that would lend us to believe that Gabriel was with anyone when he left that vehicle.

Reporter - Do you believe he's in danger?

LE - We have not received information that Gabriel is in danger, but he is 16 years old and this behaviour is not characteristic of him, so we're very concerned and his family is very concerned as well, so we're taking this very seriously.

Reporter - Do you know anything about how the phone might have been broken or how he might have been injured? Was it his blood that was found in that car?

LE - We are still analysing that information.

Reporter - To all indications, he was by himself and there's nothing to corroborate whether he got into an argument with someone (inaudible) prior or anything of that nature?

LE - The information that we have, thus far, is that he drove to this location on his own and he walked from the vehicle on his own.

Reporter - (inaudible)

LE - Yes. So we've been in contact with the school district, with the coach, with other members of the team as well.

Reporter - How's the school district doing?

LE - The school district is very concerned as well, but they reached out to us first thing this morning and offered any assistance that they could provide us.

Reporter - (asks about air searches)

LE - So yesterday, right after the vehicle was located the State Aviation unit did fly over and and use their flair to look for any heat signatures in the woods. And later in the evening we actually used one of our unmanned aircraft to do the same thing and with no results.

Reporter - Can you talk about those dogs - What kind of dogs? What's their purpose? What they do?

LE - So I believe the dogs that we have out currently are bloodhounds and they're meant to track people and they can track people much longer after the fact than some of our patrol tracking dogs do. So that's their purpose is to find missing people and that's what they're doing here today.

Reporter - What's the timeline on the search? How long will they be out there? Will they come back tomorrow? What does this look like...?

LE - So we will have to to come together at the conclusion of this day to see where we're at with progress and address if we need to continue and maybe adjust our methods.

Reporter - You're mainly searching around the entrance of that state park there. Would you go into the state park?

LE - Absolutely, and we have the rangers from the state park here with us to assist in that as well.

Reporter - Where was the phone found? You said the phone was shattered right? Was it inside the truck or outside?

LE - Outside the truck. Near the truck though.

Reporter - How much blood was there? was there a little? Could he have cut his finger on the smashed phone was it like a lot?

LE - I'm not prepared to discuss that at this point.

Reporter - But it appeared (inaudible) recent?

LE - That is correct.

Reporter - I guess people calling might seem out of the ordinary from where the vehicle was found to the last known sighting. It's a hard road to walk on and it's like a 45 min. walk, I mean.. it's a considerable distance - So was that worrying at all? Or where does that fall into the investigation?

LE - Well, It isn't common to see individuals walking down this road, there's very little shoulder and so, I think that's why it's sticking out to so many people is because as they're travelling down this road with very little shoulder, they see an individual walking close to the side of the road. So hopefully with this information, this jogs the memory of some other individuals that may have been travelling on Tilley Rd. and hopefully that they can provide us with additional information to help us solidify our timeline.

Reporter - Anything else you want to say, or anything the family would want to put out there? Anything else like that?

LE - No. I'm sure the family would echo our sentiments that we just want Gabriel home and if anybody has information that could assist us in that, please contact our dispatch at 360-704-2740. And we will be more than happy to follow up on any tip that we are provided with.

Reporter - Was missing practice commonplace for Gabriel? Or is this unusual?

LE - This behaviour is unusual for Gabriel.

Reporter - Is there anything to indicate this is something other than a run away?

LE - Well, we have to look at the behaviour of an individual and a pattern of behaviour and this is uncharacteristic of Gabriel, so that is why we're taking it so seriously and we're not going to push this aside as a runaway. We want to treat this seriously and explore every tip and avenue to make sure that we bring Gabriel home safely.

Reporter - So just from what you've heard - Living a seemingly normal teenage high school life?

LE - That's correct.

Reporter - And who was part of the search and rescue? Is it just you guys? Or who else...

LE - So are coordinators coordinate that route but there are several groups that are involved in the search and rescue. Different groups that we call in to assist us with that. Does anybody else have any questions?

Reporter - When you talked to coach - What happens when they miss practice? Are they concerned? Would they check in?

LE - I haven't had that discussion.

Reporter - How long was it since when he took off in the pick-up to where his family was notified?

LE - So every indication is that he left his home around 4 o'clock to attend football practice. His vehicle was found here around 5.30 and his family was contacted at that time. Right, if there's no more questions. Thank you.

im quoting:

Authorities are asking anyone who has seen Davies to call 360-704-2740 or email detectives@co.thurston.wa.us. In the past six years, two other young men have also went missing in that area of Thurston County. Logan Schiendelman disappeared in 2016 on I-5 near the Scattercreek Rest Area and Matthew Anfeldt disappeared in 2019 near the Speedway Grocery on Old Highway 99 Southwest.

(i just recognized a detail, that there are exactly 3 years between each missing, doesnt have to mean anything, but couldn't ignore the given that all three cases are in the same area, 3 missing persons, with 3 years in between. this whole situation sounds really disturbing, i wish their families so much support in this process, heartbreaking.)

Press Conference

1st Sept.

Sheriff - I just want you all to know that our main goal is to bring Gabriel home to his family. And first and foremost, I want to thank all our partner agencies who have assisted in this investigation to include Washington State Patrol Aviation unit, the Olympic Police Department, Washington State parks. The search and rescue have been phenomenal and obviously our citizens who have called in tips and assisted us in giving us information about possible locations. And I want you to know that we're working every angle we can to bring Gabriel home. So thank you very much.

LE - I would also like to thank the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The FBI is several agents involved in assisting us with this investigation to this point. So yesterday, at approximately 5 pm, our deputies were dispatched to a suspicious vehicle at the 16100 block of Tilley Road, which is just South of our location here. At that location, our deputies found a vehicle with items strewn about, a small amount of blood inside the vehicle and a phone that had been shattered on the ground. We made contact with the registered owner of that vehicle and they told us that their son, 16 year old Gabriel, had that vehicle at the time. And he had been headed to football practice at Olympia High School at 4 o'clock when he was last seen.

So since last night our deputies and our detectives have been working every angle. We've utilised the FBI to help us analyse data related to cell phones and tracing the movements of Gabriel from his home to his cu.... the location of the vehicle. This morning we have received multiple tips, over half a dozen tips, with sightings of Gabriel on the Tilley Road area. All of those tips indicate that he was travelling northbound from the 16100 block and that he was by himself at the time that he was seen. We have most recently received a tip that he had been seen entering Millersylvania State Park.

So at this point we have not received any tips that would indicate that Gabriel was in the presence of another individual, but we are still exploring every angle of this case because our ultimate goal is to bring Gabriel home to his family. Currently we have all of our detectives working this incident. We have detectives from the Olympia Police Department we have state parks, we have our search and rescue coordinator and ground searchers, as well as search dogs. And the FBI is also helping us with canvassing.

We will continue to work on this case and work every angle until we bring Gabriel home to his family. I want to encourage the public to please call in any tips that they may have. If anyone recalls seeing an individual walking down Tilley Road yesterday between 5-8 pm., we'd really be interested in that location. We'd be really interested in hearing the information that they have to provide. We would also like to encourage the public to stay out of the Tilley Road area if possible. We are encouraged by the amount of support we're receiving from the public. However, when we do have search dogs and searchers in the area it is important that we let them proceed through the area uninhibited. At a time when we feel is necessary to involve the public in a ground search to bring in additional personnel, we will communicate that through our social media. Do you have any questions?

Reporter - What was he wearing when he was last seen?

LE - So he was last seen in a pair of basketball shorts and a jersey, and that's what we believe he was wearing when he left the vehicle.

Reporter - Football jersey?

LE - Football jersey.

Reporter - Was it blue and white?

LE - Yes, and the shorts were blue from our indication.

Reporter - Any signs of injury? Did anybody think he was walking strangely, or bleeding or....?

LE - No, none of the tips provided indicated that he was injured in any way, or in distress.

Reporter - Say the state park again, the name?

LE - Millersylvania State.

Reporter - And he was last seen walking into that state park?

LE - That is correct and that is just on Tilley Rd. just south of us as well.

Reporter - Do you have any footage of that? Like a ring doorbell or..?

LE - So we have been canvassing the area and checking for residents that may have surveillance or ring door bells, but we have not found any footage of Gabriel yet.

Reporter - And about what time was he seen walking to that park? And was that today or yesterday?

LE - So all of the tips that we have received are between 5:30 pm and about 6:30 pm and we believe his vehicle came into the area just after 5.

Reporter - That tip from down the road here when he was last seen?

LE - Correct. At the 16100 block.

Reporter - Who did that come from?

LE - So the vehicle was found on private property on a private drive off of Tilley Road. So the resident there came home from work and saw the vehicle in their driveway and called it in.

Reporter - And then in the 15000 block, that last sighting - where did that come from?

LE - Another passer-by, they remembered seeing Gabriel as they passed by coming home from work yesterday.

Reporter - The dogs have been working that area. Do we know if they've found anything?

LE - We are encouraged by the progress of the dogs. I haven't spoken with the handlers directly, but they have moved from that vehicle at the 16000 block and moved forward North on Tilley Rd.

Reporter - The cell phone data from the FBI's assistance - Was he actively using his cell phone?

LE - So we are currently analysing that data and the last known usage of that phone was at 5:10 pm.

Reporter - Do you have any idea who he called or talked to?

LE - So we're still going through that data at this point.

Reporter - What time did the initial call come in about the suspicious vehicle?

LE - Just after 5.30.

Reporter - So in this timeframe when he was last seen - Did he communicate with any family or friends? Or did any reports come in from family or friends seeing him? Anyone who would know him?

LE - So, it wasn't until we contacted the family about the vehicle and its suspicious location that the family brought up that he was supposed to be... it was their belief that he was at football practice.

Reporter - The final sightings of him were all by random people that he has no interaction with?

LE - That's correct.

Reporter - What does that say - that people saw something and said something?

LE - Without the public in cases like this we would have very little to go off. But we're encouraged by the number of tips that we've received and the community assistance of those tips, and their timeframe, which tells us that we're heading in the right direction with this.

Reporter - Can you clear this up - I had read that his vehicle or he was seen on Tilley Rd. on 18th Ave. (inaudible!!!!!) discrepancy here?

LE - So I believe that information came from phone data accessed by the family prior to us locating him. So that was misinformation that was being spread around. His vehicle, in fact, was located at the 16100 block.

Reporter - Does the family live on this side of the county? or closer to the high school?

Reporter - So was there any reason, within his path to the high school - Any reason he would be down in this area?

Reporter - Any criminal history? Or recent fights, or threats or anything the the family have made you aware of?

Reporter - (Asks about Gabriel's parents)

LE - They were obviously very distraught and they're still distraught to this point, but they're working with us cooperatively and helping us locate their son.

Reporter - Because he was wearing that jersey - Was that what made him easy to pinpoint for the people that were passing by?

LE - Not sure.

Reporter - So he is 16 instead of 17?

LE - That's correct.

Reporter - (inaudible)

LE - We are working every angle of this case, but to this point we have not been provided with any information that would lend us to believe that Gabriel was with anyone when he left that vehicle.

Reporter - Do you believe he's in danger?

LE - We have not received information that Gabriel is in danger, but he is 16 years old and this behaviour is not characteristic of him, so we're very concerned and his family is very concerned as well, so we're taking this very seriously.

Reporter - Do you know anything about how the phone might have been broken or how he might have been injured? Was it his blood that was found in that car?

LE - We are still analysing that information.

Reporter - To all indications, he was by himself and there's nothing to corroborate whether he got into an argument with someone (inaudible) prior or anything of that nature?

LE - The information that we have, thus far, is that he drove to this location on his own and he walked from the vehicle on his own.

Reporter - (inaudible)

LE - Yes. So we've been in contact with the school district, with the coach, with other members of the team as well.

Reporter - How's the school district doing?

LE - The school district is very concerned as well, but they reached out to us first thing this morning and offered any assistance that they could provide us.

Reporter - (asks about air searches)

LE - So yesterday, right after the vehicle was located the State Aviation unit did fly over and and use their flair to look for any heat signatures in the woods. And later in the evening we actually used one of our unmanned aircraft to do the same thing and with no results.

Reporter - Can you talk about those dogs - What kind of dogs? What's their purpose? What they do?

LE - So I believe the dogs that we have out currently are bloodhounds and they're meant to track people and they can track people much longer after the fact than some of our patrol tracking dogs do. So that's their purpose is to find missing people and that's what they're doing here today.

Reporter - What's the timeline on the search? How long will they be out there? Will they come back tomorrow? What does this look like...?

LE - So we will have to to come together at the conclusion of this day to see where we're at with progress and address if we need to continue and maybe adjust our methods.

Reporter - You're mainly searching around the entrance of that state park there. Would you go into the state park?

LE - Absolutely, and we have the rangers from the state park here with us to assist in that as well.

Reporter - Where was the phone found? You said the phone was shattered right? Was it inside the truck or outside?

LE - Outside the truck. Near the truck though.

Reporter - How much blood was there? was there a little? Could he have cut his finger on the smashed phone was it like a lot?

LE - I'm not prepared to discuss that at this point.

Reporter - But it appeared (inaudible) recent?

LE - That is correct.

Reporter - I guess people calling might seem out of the ordinary from where the vehicle was found to the last known sighting. It's a hard road to walk on and it's like a 45 min. walk, I mean.. it's a considerable distance - So was that worrying at all? Or where does that fall into the investigation?

LE - Well, It isn't common to see individuals walking down this road, there's very little shoulder and so, I think that's why it's sticking out to so many people is because as they're travelling down this road with very little shoulder, they see an individual walking close to the side of the road. So hopefully with this information, this jogs the memory of some other individuals that may have been travelling on Tilley Rd. and hopefully that they can provide us with additional information to help us solidify our timeline.

Reporter - Anything else you want to say, or anything the family would want to put out there? Anything else like that?

LE - No. I'm sure the family would echo our sentiments that we just want Gabriel home and if anybody has information that could assist us in that, please contact our dispatch at 360-704-2740. And we will be more than happy to follow up on any tip that we are provided with.

Reporter - Was missing practice commonplace for Gabriel? Or is this unusual?

LE - This behaviour is unusual for Gabriel.

Reporter - Is there anything to indicate this is something other than a run away?

LE - Well, we have to look at the behaviour of an individual and a pattern of behaviour and this is uncharacteristic of Gabriel, so that is why we're taking it so seriously and we're not going to push this aside as a runaway. We want to treat this seriously and explore every tip and avenue to make sure that we bring Gabriel home safely.

Reporter - So just from what you've heard - Living a seemingly normal teenage high school life?

LE - That's correct.

Reporter - And who was part of the search and rescue? Is it just you guys? Or who else...

LE - So are coordinators coordinate that route but there are several groups that are involved in the search and rescue. Different groups that we call in to assist us with that. Does anybody else have any questions?

Reporter - When you talked to coach - What happens when they miss practice? Are they concerned? Would they check in?

LE - I haven't had that discussion.

Reporter - How long was it since when he took off in the pick-up to where his family was notified?

LE - So every indication is that he left his home around 4 o'clock to attend football practice. His vehicle was found here around 5.30 and his family was contacted at that time. Right, if there's no more questions. Thank you.
You rock! Thank you so much for this! :)

im quoting:

Authorities are asking anyone who has seen Davies to call 360-704-2740 or email detectives@co.thurston.wa.us. In the past six years, two other young men have also went missing in that area of Thurston County. Logan Schiendelman disappeared in 2016 on I-5 near the Scattercreek Rest Area and Matthew Anfeldt disappeared in 2019 near the Speedway Grocery on Old Highway 99 Southwest.

(i just recognized a detail, that there are exactly 3 years between each missing, doesnt have to mean anything, but couldn't ignore the given that all three cases are in the same area, 3 missing persons, with 3 years in between. this whole situation sounds really disturbing, i wish their families so much support in this process, heartbreaking.)
That last guy, Matthew, was believed to be under the influence of meth at the time, or in the throes of some sort of mental health crisis.

I'm annoyed when the media makes connections like this, because people tend to jump on that and turn it into some sort of serial killing.

That last guy, Matthew, was believed to be under the influence of meth at the time, or in the throes of some sort of mental health crisis.

I'm annoyed when the media makes connections like this, because people tend to jump on that and turn it into some sort of serial killing.

im not looking for any sensation for the record, i hope its not, but it's at least odd don't you think, all young, all in the same area, all had strange behaviour the last time they were seen or spoken to, let's hope not, but you never know? Why are you annoyed by it? i think people are more helpful and alert, you think being open to every possibility is not smart? I want to understand. also im not saying it is connected, im just detail oriented, and it does catch my observation..

It's still good to know and to keep in the back of your mind.

im not looking for any sensation for the record, i hope its not, but it's at least odd don't you think, all young, all in the same area, all had strange behaviour the last time they were seen or spoken to, let's hope not, but you never know? Why are you annoyed by it? i think people are more helpful and alert, you think being open to every possibility is not smart? I want to understand. also im not saying it is connected, im just detail oriented, and it does catch my observation..
I'm annoyed because I was right, social media is jumping all over the serial killer angle.

It distracts from the facts of this particular case, when people start bringing up completely unrelated events.

First there is no evidence of a crime occurring in the first place, with Gabriel being spotted walking alone away from his abandoned vehicle.

Secondly, at least one of those cases almost certainly involved drugs, and there's no evidence of a crime in that one either.

Eye on the ball.

So from the transcription of the press conference, it sounds like where his car was found is NOT on his route to football practice. So I'm curious what his destination truly was then (not saying there wasn't a practice going on - just curious now if he really intended to go there, did he intend to stop somewhere else first and then go, etc). Or did he get upset about something and start driving around aimlessly?

I guess this answers my earlier question- no real known reason he would’ve been in this area.

LE - So every indication is that he left his home around 4 o'clock to attend football practice.
I’m not sure it’s been mentioned and the way LE worded their answer makes me wonder- was his mom home when he left for practice? Did she (or another family member) physically see him leave the house at 4pm? Wondering if it’s possible he could’ve been gone longer than 4pm-5:10pm when phone last used.

Also- @Allabouttrial THANK YOU for the incredible transcription!! You’re the best. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie