WA - Gabriel Davies, 16, Found Safe - Then Charged With Murder, Olympia, 30 Aug 2022

Well the only thing that's going to be real is that Gabriel told this story. This sounds like a robbery gone wrong at best, and premeditated murder at worst. Overkill.

"We wanted to rob him, he wouldn't let us, so we killed him" might play with some people out there, but I can't muster up sympathy. Feels like a plot for a movie or TV show featuring a bad-guy hero, but there's nothing righteous in that tale to endorse.

And since that's their BEST spin to try to gain public pity -- with an "excuse" such as this --- I wouldn't be surprised if Ssschu is right on target in saying "I don't want to read about either of these sociopaths (IMO) committing more murders after being released from prison in 20 years (like Cleotha Abston). IMO, the murder was likely premeditated. The story Davies has concocted is pathological." in light of the excuse, the labels seem really appropriate and insightful.

JY dad called LE the day the victim was found.
GD dad called LE the day after.

Timeline (per the charging documents at the link below):

8/27-28/22 -- GD & JY camping at Panther Lake, Mason County.

8/28/22 -- GD & JY leave the cabin around midnight and do not return until 6:30 AM
8/28/22 -- GD & JY leave Panther Lake again at about 11:45 AM and never return.

8/28/22 -- Suspects resembling GD & JY were seen entering the victim's house at about 2:00 AM.

8/28/22 -- Victim is seen exiting the detached garage and entering his residence at about 2:41 AM, and about a minute later, teens were seen exiting the residence from the side door.

8/31/22 -- GD reported missing to TCSO when he fails to show up at football practice.

9/1/22 -- TCSO locate GD around 10 pm on the 13600 block Tilley Road, and he's returned to his family.

JY's dad contacts TCSO and reports to the lead detective that he has info that GD was involved in a crime in Pierce County. Later reported that the dad had info that GD was involved in a homicide in Pierce County.

9/1/22 -- PCSO conduct a welfare check on the victim and find him deceased inside his residence.

9/2/22 -- GD's dad contacts TCSO lead detective and reports GD was involved in the victim's [DM] death in Pierce County.

9/2/22 -- Search warrants issued and executed at the residences of GD & JY.

9/2/22-- GD & JD arrested by PCSO.

9/6/22 -- GD & JD arraigned in PCSC

1662508553012.png

1 hr 22 min (57.0 mi) via WA-16 E

So weird reading about places I grew up hanging out at, like Panther lake, various places in Mason county, etc.
While I'm not buying the "biker buddy" story at all, I did have a friend in high school, one county over, that got involved with bikers (unsure of which club) and before long she was doing anything and everything they told her. From selling drugs, to selling herself, and breaking into her own family member's house to steal from them. So, while awful things like that do happen, it really does sound way over the top.

jmo

So weird reading about places I grew up hanging out at, like Panther lake, various places in Mason county, etc.
While I'm not buying the "biker buddy" story at all, I did have a friend in high school, one county over, that got involved with bikers (unsure of which club) and before long she was doing anything and everything they told her. From selling drugs, to selling herself, and breaking into her own family member's house to steal from them. So, while awful things like that do happen, it really does sound way over the top.

jmo
His story went to hell when he claimed they followed him, beat him up, didn't steal anything from him, but drove around with him for hours.

He admitted to smashing his phone, and was seen walking away from his vehicle. So it's going to be total garbage.

I do wonder where he actually was though, as they said that it didn't appear he'd been outside the whole time (if I recall).

So they were camping with family and friends at the lake, left around midnight and got back at 6:30am?
I wonder what kind of story they told to explain why they left and where they went when they got back to the cabin.

JMO

His story went to hell when he claimed they followed him, beat him up, didn't steal anything from him, but drove around with him for hours.

He admitted to smashing his phone, and was seen walking away from his vehicle. So it's going to be total garbage.

I do wonder where he actually was though, as they said that it didn't appear he'd been outside the whole time (if I recall).
I’m confused on the timeline I think. So if they allegedly murdered the victim on 8/28, then GD was reported missing on 8/31….and his truck was found with blood in it (from allegedly having his head smashed by a biker) and his phone smashed, wasn’t that several days after the murder took place?? I thought he was seen walking down the highway by witnesses on 8/31? How does his story line up with the actual killing?

I could just be REALLY confused. Help appreciated!

I’m confused on the timeline I think. So if they allegedly murdered the victim on 8/28, then GD was reported missing on 8/31….and his truck was found with blood in it (from allegedly having his head smashed by a biker) and his phone smashed, wasn’t that several days after the murder took place?? I thought he was seen walking down the highway by witnesses on 8/31? How does his story line up with the actual killing?

I could just be REALLY confused. Help appreciated!
Correct. If you scroll up @Seattle1 posted an excellent timeline.

Correct. If you scroll up @Seattle1 posted an excellent timeline.
Yes - I should’ve replied to that post instead! So my timeline is correct? It makes zero sense at all when compared with GDs story. Yikes

Editing to add — I’m not saying the timeline by @Seattle1 makes zero sense, I’m saying GDs story makes no sense….just to clarify :)

What an incredible tale! Would Dad get into trouble for telling porkies? if it turns out that way?

Also, under which criteria can a juvenile be judged as an adult? Is it according to the seriousness of the crime?

Yes - I should’ve replied to that post instead! So my timeline is correct? It makes zero sense at all when compared with GDs story. Yikes

Editing to add — I’m not saying the timeline by @Seattle1 makes zero sense, I’m saying GDs story makes no sense….just to clarify :)
These two geniuses never counted on the victim having video surveillance it seems either.

What an incredible tale! Would Dad get into trouble for telling porkies? if it turns out that way?

Also, under which criteria can a juvenile be judged as an adult? Is it according to the seriousness of the crime?
Probably not, if dad was just repeating what his son had told him. Now, he might be in trouble, if he helped his son to come up with this tale.

It does appear that the adult charge has to do with the seriousness of the crime.

Probably not, if dad was just repeating what his son had told him. Now, he might be in trouble, if he helped his son to come up with this tale.

It does appear that the adult charge has to do with the seriousness of the crime.

If that's the best story the Dad could come up with to save his sons backside then yeah,I'd say he is definitely in trouble.
Seriously Dad,read a book (or a true crime forum) once in a while!.

So I just looked up Remann Hall Juvenile Detention Center where the defendants are currently housed and the idea that the two defendants are supposed to be attending school inside seems so strange to me. What a fall from grace. How do you go from football practice for Olympia HS to a detention center education? And then you can order your graduation announcements on Amazon. o_O

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back