Found Alive WA - Giovanna (Gia) Fuda, 18, Maple Valley, 24 July 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Cosmictadpole, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Cosmictadpole

Cosmictadpole Active Member

Gia Fuda was last seen leaving her house in Maple Valley, Washington, on July 24th, 2020. Her vehicle was located west of Stevens Pass on US Hwy 2. Gia’s car was left after she ran out of gas. Detectives believe she could be in Eastern WA. It’s unknown who picked her up. Family and friends have not heard from Gia.

If you see Gia or have any info on her whereabouts please call KCSO at 206/296-3311 or 911.
    [​IMG]
    King County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing woman

David Rose Q13 Fox News

2. Penny4YourThoughts

Penny4YourThoughts Well-Known Member

3. Penny4YourThoughts

4. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

this is really scary
    hopefully she's just hanging out with a friend and neglected to inform her family

5. Penny4YourThoughts

David Rose Q13 Fox News
    MISSING UPDATE: King County Search and Rescue teams with K9 Units looked all day today but could find no sign of 18-year-old Gia Fuda. King County Sheriff’s Major Crimes Detectives now say her disappearance is considered suspicious and believe she may have gotten picked up by the wrong person after she ran out of gas west of Stevens Pass on US Hwy 2. Her purse was in the car. Her cell phone was gone and is powered off. Please call 911 if you have seen her or have any other information to help find her.
    BBM

6. Penny4YourThoughts

Additional photos of Gia @ link. RSBM
    'It's a nightmare: Missing Maple Valley teen's disappearance called suspicious
    Investigators with search dogs have been out at the scene looking for the 18-year-old and will continue until she is found.
    Gia’s family said she just graduated from Tahoma High School. She was active in her church youth group, positive and had a lot of friends, so this disappearance is very unsettling.

7. YaYa_521

YaYa_521 Every Body's Name Matters

8. YaYa_521

YaYa_521 Every Body's Name Matters

[​IMG]

watcher9, margarita25, LadyL and 4 others like this.
  9. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

'It's a nightmare:' Missing Maple Valley teen's disappearance called suspicious

The search for this missing Maple Valley teenager has turned urgent after investigators have determined her disappearance is suspicious.

Gia Fuda, 18, has been missing since early Friday when she left her Maple Valley home in her silver 2008 Toyota Corolla.

King County Sheriff Deputies said her car was found on Saturday on Highway 2 East between Skykomish and Stevens Pass.

Deputies said it was out of gas, and her purse was still in the car. Her phone was last pinged to the location where her car was found, but it's now gone and turned off.

She was nowhere to be found.

"It’s a nightmare," said Gia's mother, Kristina Fuda. "It’s really hard to deal with. You want to be positive but it'so hard."

Gia’s family said she just graduated from Tahoma High School. She was active in her church youth group, positive and had a lot of friends, so this disappearance is very unsettling.

“We just want her back,” said Gia’s father Bob Fuda. “She’ never not come home. So, when she didn’t come home, immediately we called the police. It’s just not right and obviously it wasn’t.”

[​IMG]© Provided by KOMO-TV Seattle
    Caption: KOMO
    Gia’s brother, Dominic was the last person to see her leave their house.

He figured Gia was going hiking or getting coffee with friends as usual, but nothing suspicious.

“She wouldn’t do this to make us feel this way, not on purpose,” said Dominic Fuda.

Deputies said since Gia’s car was facing eastbound, she might be headed to Eastern Washington.

Investigators with search dogs have been out at the scene looking for the 18-year-old and will continue until she is found.

“We need everyone to just help us find her, because this is not her behavior,” said Kristin Fuda.

If you recognize Gia, please call 911 or 1-800-344-4080.

10. Charlot123

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  11. Wowno17

Wowno17 Well-Known Member

She is the same age her sister was when she died :( really hoping for a miracle for this family.

watcher9, Marmlet, HulaMum and 17 others like this.
  12. Charlot123

Here is my concern,

1) Stevens pass is more populated than Snoqualmie pass where we are currently following, but it is still a pass, so there may be areas without any reception. (On Snoqualmie pass, there are huge areas without any, ATT or Verison, reception). If Gina’s car ran out of gas in one of such areas, she definitely would be at the mercy of a stranger.

2) The distance between Maple Valley (to the South of Seattle) and Stevens Pass is approximately 95 miles. Stevens Pass leads to Eastern WA. Why drive there, or, if you need to get to Eastern WA, why not take Snoqualmie pass, I90, that is closer to Maple Valley and faster?

ETA checked. From Maple Valley to I-90 is 17.5 miles, or 25 min per Google. From articles it follows that Gia liked Bellevue park, so driving to Bellevue and I 90 from Maple Valley would be convenient.

I even thought, her family used to live in Mount Lake Terrace, I don’t know when they moved, maybe there are some friends left there? But it is still very far from Stevens pass

ETA: the one thing that has two locations, one being in Eastern WA, is her Motion Church. It has one location in Puyallup, and one, in Booney Lake, this is on Route 2. The other two churches she visited (one of them likely misspelled in the article, it is likely City Hill Church) don’t have any E Washington locations. But during COVID and Zoom meetings, it is possible to make friends in the other church location, and even visit them. Her brother didn’t know where she was going. She did not tell him where she went, and she drove far away from home. Thoughts?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  13. PNW

PNW Active Member

Highway 2 over Steven’s Pass is a much prettier drive than I90. Also, if she had lived in Mountlake Terrace, she was probably more used to getting to eastern WA over Highway 2. Maybe she was going to Lake Chelan? There are only a few areas without reception. There is a lot of construction over the pass right now on both sides, slowing traffic down to one lane. On the west side of the pass, there are many areas where there are tons of cars parked to hike or swim in the rivers. Maybe she was meeting someone to have fun that day? MOO

14. Charlot123

Sorry my mistake. Bonney Lake is not on Route 2. Google maps played a strange trick on me. WA is a large state.

15. Charlot123

Meeting someone sounds typical for an 18-year old. I read that they used to live in Mountlake Terrace when her sister was killed by the train, but it had been a while ago.

Agree that if one used to live in Mt Lake Terrace, he/she would take Route 2 to Eastern WA. It is a horrible way to drive IMO, slow, traffic lights everywhere, but very picturesque and not far from Leavenworth, another pretty place. Or Lake Chelan.

In fact, to drive to Eastern WA makes sense as everyone is tired of staying at home, and everything being closed. and Eastern WA has more relaxed atmosphere. Imagine an 18-year old. MOO.

(Also: I don’t know when they moved. Also, her sister got killed when she was 2, and in the articles, only the brother is mentioned. So maybe there is a huge age difference between her and the brother? If you are closer to 30, you may not really notice what your 18-year-old sister is doing. MOO.)

kkdj, Poedelini, momsof3 and 7 others like this.
  16. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

starts at about 40:00.

17. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

watcher9, bluenoser, kkdj and 9 others like this.
  18. Acorunadepor

Acorunadepor ''There is fire where you are going."

So what exactly makes the Police think she was picked up by possibly the wrong person?

What does that even mean without further information? So the Police must have some details they are not sharing.

She must have past by these cameras. You click in either direction west or east:
    WSDOT - Stevens Pass Road and Weather Conditions

19. broadviewren

broadviewren Well-Known Member

The daughter who was killed by a train in 2004 and lived in Mountlake Terrace was Bob's older daughter. She was Gia's half-sister. Here's a source:
    'It doesn’t feel real:' Missing Maple Valley teen's car found near Stevens Pass

Gia didn't live in Mountlake Terrace; her family lives south, in Maple Valley (and always have lived south of Seattle; I worked with Gia's mother years ago.) So, as others have mentioned, if she was just trying to get to Eastern Washington, taking I-90 (Snoqualmie Pass), which is closer to where she lives, would have been a more natural route than going over Stevens Pass (Hwy 2) -- unless she was trying to get to someplace that is more directly served by Stevens (Wenatchee, Lake Chelan, etc.). If she was going hiking, it is possible she wanted to hike somewhere along Stevens Pass. But why pack bags to go hiking for a day?

The Stevens Pass cameras just monitor road conditions and don't record.

If you search for her mother's Instagram, there is an interesting thought there (on the missing poster post).

I wonder if the bags her brother says she left with were found in the car along with her purse. And what was in the purse -- were money/cards still in it?

I feel sick for the family and hope Gia is found safe soon.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  20. broadviewren

broadviewren Well-Known Member

Also, I wonder what was in the bags -- what's missing from her room? Just clothes, or other belongings? Computer?