Found Alive WA - Giovanna (Gia) Fuda, 18, Maple Valley, 24 July 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Cosmictadpole, Jul 27, 2020.

1. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

"Excellent news, over the weekend! “She’s always been very tough – mentally tough and physically tough,” said Kristin Fuda, Gia's mother."

[​IMG]

https://twitter.com/parisjKOMO/status/1290255376382742531

I want to hear from Gia herself. Hopefully, she will give an interview soon.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020

2. RumorMonger

RumorMonger Well-Known Member

This sounds fake. The details don't line up with the facts. IMO

3. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

MONROE, Wash. — 18-year-old Gia Fuda is still in a Monroe hospital as of Sunday evening, surrounded by loved ones.

Her family said she's been doing great considering all she's been through.

Fuda was last seen on July 24 when she stopped to get a coffee. Her car was found abandoned on Highway 2 and out of gas. She told her parents she got out of her and took her cell phone to call for help, but got lost.

Finally, after more than a week on her own, she was reunited with her family on Saturday.

“It was almost not real, we're crying ‘Gia how are you doing?’ and she's like ‘I'm fine.”.. I'm like are you kidding me?” her mother, Kristin Fuda, explained.

Gia is a bit scratched up and dehydrated but didn’t suffer any major medical issues. She told her parents that she didn’t realize she was missing for so long.

“She's like, 'I'm fine nothing's broken.' She's mentally tough and now we've found out she's physically tough," her parents said."

Maple Valley teen recovering in hospital after 9-day disappearance

4. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

5. YaYa_521

YaYa_521 Every Body's Name Matters

Maybe she was using the Randonautica app when she got lost? Would she be too ashamed or afraid of others' response to say she got lost playing/exploring? It could be that her parents had 'gently' warned the 18-y-o who is now too regretful to even admit she should have listened to them.

6. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Funny, had been wondering the same thing about that app!

7. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Google is my friend!

Never heard the word before. Plausible.

The only she reportedly carried with her to the woods was a notebook/diary, diary, clothes in a small satchel.

The App of the Summer Is Just a Random-Number Generator

July 21, 2020

The basic premise of Randonautica—that your brain can influence a random-number generator—comes from controversial research conducted at Princeton beginning in 1979. There, the late engineer Robert G. Jahn spent decades exploring the largely derided hypothesis that people could use “micro-psychokinesis” to affect machines in very small ways. This theory—which has generally been dismissed by other scientists—is cited on the official

Randonautica website, and extrapolated to suggest that a person can focus on any kind of specific feeling or noun and then be led to coordinates that somehow correspond to it. Brenda Dunne, Jahn’s lab manager for many years, told me in an email that this seemed possible to her: “I would predict that the results produced with the Randonautica app would demonstrate meaningful correlations only occasionally, but more often than might be expected.” Though, she added, the app has a “psychological aspect” that would prime users to notice coincidences and mystery.

[..]

Still, the best randonauting story I heard came from 23-year-old Taylor Dickerson, who lives in Spokane, Washington, and it sounded pretty improbable—but true—to me.

Dickerson’s first foray into randonauting brought her and a friend into the woods, where she says they came across a pristinely preserved letter written on a sheet of notebook paper. It appeared to be a friendship letter, beginning, “I am writing this to inform you of how amazing you really are … I graciously think you are swell!” and signed by a man who—upon her Googling—turned out to have died weeks before. On Facebook, Dickerson and her friend say they were able to find the woman the letter was addressed to, and made arrangements to bring it to her.

“Sometimes I wonder if there are signs and messages around us but we just ignore them,” Dickerson told me. It had been raining in Spokane for days when she found the letter, apparently untouched. “I’ve read it at least 20 times. I think about how in a different reality, the note would’ve disintegrated into mush. It was like we were meant to find it.”

Of course, bizarre things happen all the time. Letters get dropped in the woods. Letters get found by 20-somethings who went out searching for a strange experience. People who write letters die in unexpected ways, and become mythological figures to other people who never even knew them. “The most amazing coincidence of all would be the absence of coincidences,” J. A. Paulos, a mathematics professor at Temple University, told me, upon hearing a summary of randonauting culture. “There’s so many ways to connect what you’re interested in—what you expect, what you fear—to where you end up.”

I use Randonautica almost every day now, in an effort to have more surprising after-dinner walks around Brooklyn. (I haven’t found any more bottles of pee.) I do realize that I could have just been going outside this whole time, and that it is arguably uncool that I need the incentives of a hokey piece of software to make me think regularly about doing so. But I like the app even more now that I know how it purports to work. It reminds me that demystifying the world can sometimes make it more spectacular.

8. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Now I'd really rather believe this because the coffee shop story being delivered by her parents is ridiculous!

MSM article comments to the current story are brutal-- it's simply unbelievable by locals.

I think the Randonautica idea best explains the secrecy by GF, and her failure to tell brother where she was headed when asked. MOO

9. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Learned about that app from this very weird and horrific case..(The R app apparently led some young people to human remains.)
    Identified! - WA - Remains found in bags, Alki Beach, Seattle, Jun 2020 - Jessica Lewis & Austin "Cash" Wenner

StarEyes, watcher9, cass523 and 5 others like this.
  10. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

11. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

12. Wild Rose

Wild Rose Well-Known Member

I love the woods. Have spent years playing in them. Finding spots to ice skate. Finding different trails. And I have gotten disorientated during a dog walk a few years ago. The trail had leaf cover and I realized in that split second I was off the trail. I stopped and didn't move and nothing looked familiar from all the other times on this trail. So I can attest to how easy it can be to get disorientated. That was when panic set in and I feel very at home in the woods. Many people we have seen here on this website have been missing. Just because she is a young person, we shouldn't think other things. We don't think that about toddlers or adult hikers, so I don't think we should here IMO. Just so glad that she was found!!!!!

13. YaYa_521

YaYa_521 Every Body's Name Matters

That's when I first heard of the app, too. That's what made me wonder if this young lady was Randonauting. Getting lost in the woods because a person is using the R app makes a bit more sense to me than randomly finding suitcases with bodies stuffed inside.:confused:

ErinC, StarEyes, watcher9 and 6 others like this.
  14. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

I am so glad she’s been found safe, but I have to agree with you on this.

I doubt we will ever learn the truth. It really makes me wonder if she did meet up with someone and once this became a huge news story, they panicked and she went back to the area and pretended to be lost?

Either way, I’m just glad she’s safe and hopefully her family can heal from this.

MOO

15. dms

dms Well-Known Member

I just don't understand why she headed into the woods to begin with. Why not go back the way she came, following the highway? It just doesn't make sense.

16. Kale

Kale Active Member

I remember when I was 18 and had a new license and newfound freedom from school (idk when Gia got her license). I would drive to so many random places for no reason at all, and I often didn't tell my parents since it was all so spur of the moment and they were busy. In fact, one time I left my house in the Seattle area just to get Starbucks, and I drove all the way to Steven's Pass. I just did it... No reason, just kept driving and driving. Got to play in the snow. All I could think about was freedom, freedom, freedom. So Gia's random adventures seem perfectly normal to me, lol. But it makes me realize how lucky I was to never have a problem with my old beater Chevy and my '08 era cell phone that basically didn't even work...

17. FactFinder3000

FactFinder3000 Well-Known Member

It really looks like some form of personal crisis to me. Like she wanted to get away for a bit but then got lost. It reminds me of the Amanda Eller case. I wish folks could just be happy she's back and wish her well and not worry so much about what went on.

18. ReadySet

ReadySet Well-Known Member

I mean...are there no other absent minded, directionaly chalenged posters here? LOL
    I'm a educated, intelligent person who had a successful professional career.
    I got lost driving in Washington D.C. once for 5 hours. 5 HOURS. And I was in my 40s.
    That was before GPS. GPS probably has saved my life.
    Maybe that's not what happened here. But it happens.
    Driving along, thinking about something else, not paying attention, on automatic pilot. Yes you shoud be paying attention. But people make mistakes. And sometimes when you make one mistake, you double down and make even more because of panic, being disoriented, etc.
    I'm so glad she is safe!

19. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

She's a walking, talking miracle!! Nobody is happier than her local community.

Respectfully, I believe members are responding to the media account as told by her parents, which to locals -- is ridiculous on its face-- given, if true, the destination of North Bend.

MOO

20. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

A Washington teen ran out of gas and disappeared. She was found alive 8 days later.

Aug 3, 2020

Search and rescue teams used helicopters and Bloodhound dogs to search the area for days. The dogs tracked her scent 1.75 miles west from her vehicle, but then "for some reason she turned into the woods," Abbott said.

Rescuers found Fuda's car keys, some clothing and a Bible along the creek before a mountain rescue team ultimately located her.

"Miracles do happen," Abbott said.

cass523, Wild Rose, StarEyes and 3 others like this.