GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 Apr 2016 #3

Hello all,

I've been lurking for awhile, and haven't posted in more than two years, but I wanted to post something about this case. This comes from the University of Washington's school of social work:

<begin snip from article>

Fact: The vast majority of people with mental illness are not violent.

Here is what researchers say about the link between mental illness and violence:

- "Although studies suggest a link between mental illnesses and violence, the contribution of people with mental illnesses to overall rates of violence is small, and further, the magnitude of the relationship is greatly exaggerated in the minds of the general population (Institute of Medicine, 2006)."

- "…the vast majority of people who are violent do not suffer from mental illnesses (American Psychiatric Association, 1994)."

- "The absolute risk of violence among the mentally ill as a group is very small. . . only a small proportion of the violence in our society can be attributed to persons who are mentally ill (Mulvey, 1994)."

-"People with psychiatric disabilities are far more likely to be victims than perpetrators of violent crime (Appleby, et al., 2001). People with severe mental illnesses, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or psychosis, are 2 ½ times more likely to be attacked, raped or mugged than the general population (Hiday, et al.,1999)."

<end snip from article>

I don't dispute that something is wrong with JC; the average person does not go around destroying the lives of other people. However, I don't believe that JC has to have some mental illness (chemical dependency falls under the category of mental illness) to justify what he did to IL. Some people are just evil people, simply put.

I'm a recovering alcoholic, and I work in a hospital where I only have patients with mental health issues, addiction issues, or both. Time and time again, I see people who are sick, but not evil. The crimes that most of these people have committed are crimes of theft, DUI, etc. and are not typically violent in nature unless a threat is/was perceived.

If you would like more information about the non-connection between mental illness and violent crime, I encourage you to start with the UWash School of SW page where I got the above-mentioned information, which can be found at http://depts.washington.edu/mhreport/facts_violence.php

JMO, MOO, and nothing but respect for IL and her family.

Awesome post!! Thank you and good job on the recovery!! [emoji5][emoji106]

oh jesus I hope that scourge doesn't return here (san jose) lenos were big in the 90's.

And if any drug were to make him manic and psychotic, my mind automatically goes to PCP.
People high on PCP have "super human" strength. It causes people to be very aggressive, can cause people to hallucinate, and can alter the mood in an unpredictable way.
People on PCP could break their leg and continue to walk or run on it- the drug can cause people to feel no pain.

My boyfriend is a cop in a major city- many people may think that PCP is a thing of earlier decades, but it is somewhat common up here because it is a cheap drug.
It took 7 officers to attempt to detain one man that was high on PCP. I am not kidding when I tell you.... SUPER HUMAN STRENGTH!
He also told me that someone had jumped off the top of a building- broken leg and several other bones- and ran off like nothing happened.

He's not 5'9 that's probably the info from his DL. When you apply to get your license you can put what you want.

Mugshot with measurements.
http://www.idahostatejournal.com/ne...cle_c16c1f47-c4b2-50bb-85ab-9fd27b1a1c1a.html

Cariis posted an excellent court video from directly behind of him standing near people. He's short and small body frame.

Whether or not our victim had a sexual relationship with the accused or whether she had just met him face to face for the first time is not something we know. Nor is it relevant to the fact that, regardless of the nature of their relationship or circumstances of their meeting, a woman, a mother, a friend, a daughter, was brutally murdered.

The debate over online dating and its possible risks, whether or not Ingrid had a sexual relationship with her killer, etc etc etc needs to end now.

Everyone who has an opinion on either topic has stated their opinion on the matter. To continue is just quite frankly distasteful and salacious.

Enough with the circular debates on those topics. If it continues expect your post to be removed.

Whether or not our victim had a sexual relationship with the accused or whether she had just met him face to face for the first time is not something we know. Nor is it relevant to the fact that, regardless of the nature of their relationship or circumstances of their meeting, a woman, a mother, a friend, a daughter, was brutally murdered.

The debate over online dating and its possible risks, whether or not Ingrid had a sexual relationship with her killer, etc etc etc needs to end now.

Everyone who has an opinion on either topic has stated their opinion on the matter. To continue is just quite frankly distasteful and salacious.

Enough with the circular debates on those topics. If it continues expect your post to be removed.

Thank you so much. I felt like it kept going in circles! Unfortunately, at this point there isn't a particular situation in which it actually matters. IMO

Hi all, been away all weekend.

Did LE ever say where they found Ingrid's key's? I have not heard but I'm really interested if JC had them or if maybe he left them in the ignition with the hope that someone would steal the vehicle.

Hi all, been away all weekend.

Did LE ever say where they found Ingrid's key's? I have not heard but I'm really interested if JC had them or if maybe he left them in the ignition with the hope that someone would steal the vehicle.

That's a very good question. I don't think LE have said where or if the keys were found.

One size does not fit all. Everyone is different and no one here knows why this connection was made between Ingrid and JC. It just was and we can't get into any one's minds or memorialize someone according to how we think they'd be and then serve that up as fact when objecting to someone else's opinion. Somehow, he ended up at that house - either invited or otherwise. They had communicated and agreed to a date - both wanted to be on the date. Somehow the dynamics changed along the way and no one knows when, why or how yet.

One thing I wonder is if she had an alarm system. That was the first thing I installed when living alone. I ask because it may tell us if a code was entered and the times of entry but alas I don' think we'll find out before the trial.

That's a very good question. I don't think LE have said where or if the keys were found.

Would he have been clueless enough to include them in with the bags he dumped? I still wonder how he spent all of Saturday - I can't believe he really slept on the sidewalk all day. If he's sticking with that story, I would suspect LE will ask what corner he woke up on and hopefully there will surveillance nearby. Do the buses have cameras - I believe he took a bus to the ex's. These are the only things I feel we can discuss and honestly am running out of ideas so may go back to offline life. I will be back when LE has more because this is kind of turning into a merry go round and I'm getting dizzy.

He's not 5'9 that's probably the info from his DL. When you apply to get your license you can put what you want.

Mugshot with measurements.
http://www.idahostatejournal.com/ne...cle_c16c1f47-c4b2-50bb-85ab-9fd27b1a1c1a.html

Cariis posted an excellent court video from directly behind of him standing near people. He's short and small body frame.

If you link at the earlier link someone gave in rebuttal to my assertion he's 5'9", you can clearly see he's just that. 5'6" hit him square in the forehead. I wonder how tall Ingrid was?

ETA: I just realize how grumpy my above sentence is. Sorry. Listening to a spurned contractor whining like a girl. LOL. It may have seeped through to my post. Whups.

Thanks.

Would he have been clueless enough to include them in with the bags he dumped? I still wonder how he spent all of Saturday - I can't believe he really slept on the sidewalk all day. If he's sticking with that story, I would suspect LE will ask what corner he woke up on and hopefully there will surveillance nearby. Do the buses have cameras - I believe he took a bus to the ex's. These are the only things I feel we can discuss and honestly am running out of ideas so may go back to offline life. I will be back when LE has more because this is kind of turning into a merry go round and I'm getting dizzy.

I'm running out of ideas too.

I wonder if he knew what the score of the game was if they actually went?

Did Ingrid and her girls have any pets if so I wonder if they were left alive? Psychopaths kill animals.

<modsnip>

I wonder if JC prints were found on the door knob leading into garage supposing that's where she kept the pruning knife.

http://bit.ly/23TW7N5

"A trash collector found the remains Friday morning while collecting waste along 20th Avenue. According to a source with knowledge of the investigation, the torso was found in a cooler."

If that turns out to be true, I think it's safe to say we can rule out any theories that involve him killing her in a rage.

http://bit.ly/23TW7N5

"A trash collector found the remains Friday morning while collecting waste along 20th Avenue. According to a source with knowledge of the investigation, the torso was found in a cooler."

If that turns out to be true, I think it's safe to say we can rule out any theories that involve him killing her in a rage.

On my earlier post I thought it might have been her torso and that's why they needed to be sure it was hers.

Creepy so I wonder if the cooler was in the trash bin, beside it or perhaps the house that LE had the search warrant? Just horrible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back