WA - James Wamsley for rape of infant, Benton County, 2007

We had a neighbor boy who babysat our sonsl. He was a really good kid ... and is now a medical doctor. I think it's wrong to generalize that all male babysitters are risky. The most important thing isn't the gender, but really knowing who's watching your children. And nine hours is exceptionally long for any teenager!!

Mr. Texana paid for all his band equipment and guitars as a teen by babysitting a few decades ago. He babysat one family regularly every Saturday night (four kids.) They'd leave around seven and get back at 1 or so.

There are definitely some boys I know better and would trust more with my children than a couple of girl babysitters I did use only once because they were clearly unmotivated, talked on the phone with their boyfriends, etc. the entire time.

It was a girl babysitter who fell asleep and those two little toddlers slipped out and drowned.

But obviously 9 hours and she was at a family cookout? That's unbelievable.

I never like to say never because there are always exceptions, but as a general rule, I prefer 20+ year old females or close family members to babysit my sons.

Teenaged boys are way more dizzy with sexual hormones and more inclined towards sexual experimentation....not all of them, mind you - there are plenty of responsible ones out there. My opinion is just my personal comfort zone.

I'm with the rest of y'all that 9 hours for any teenager with two kids that young is unbelievably long. Like another poster said - that's long for ME - and I'm a Mom!!

Depending on the nature of the family event, I can understand wanting to sneak away for a day without the kids.

I wonder if this mother had left her kids before or had much experience with babysitters. Not blaming the Mom at all, here - just curious as to the larger circumstances surrounding this event.

Number 2 especially! I know some will think I am crazy but no male babysitters for my children. And be darned careful which females you allow to babysit.

One article calls it a holiday cookout...nine hours is a long time.

no males for me either..no females either, actually...only family, and my children have been warned about ANYONE, even family touching them.

:furious: This guy is one sick freak!
It is a known fact that this will happen again, when he gets out.
Why not life in prison?
Who will protect our children if we don't? :mad:

No amount of psycohtherapy will help/treat/cure this guy, this is his preference... our babies and our children!

Keep the freak in prison forever!!!

no males for me either..no females either, actually...only family, and my children have been warned about ANYONE, even family touching them.

Hey White Rain!
I'm with you! I agree 100 %!!!

On his myspace, this sicko has all prison movies listed as his favourites. I would guess that it was his intention to go to prison. I don't understand why he would rape a baby to get there, that is sick. He will only get raped in prison and end up somebody's b*tch in there. They hate rapists and child rapists are in for even tougher treatment by fellow inmates. This is disgusting and bizarre..

He may not have been abused physically himself, but I'll bet you anything he was living as a child in a highly sexualized environment.

I was sickened this year to hear what one parent allowed with a child in the home who had already been sexually abused--an acquaintance sleeping on the couch...in his underwear.

These children as well as the parents are living a lifestyle in which no boundaries, no common sense, no sense of "that's crazy/sick!" seems to appear.

And the result is a 17 year old raping a baby.

I still am just so shocked by this, I cant read too much on it. that poor baby

Pervs have to get started at some age. Looks are deceiving.

I wonder how old this kid was when his perv started on him.

It all starts somewhere.

I am not saying that he has an "out" or is "off the hook" for his actions, but c'mon people! You all know that this kid was a victim just like that baby somewhere in his past. I would be willing to bet that a member of his own family did it to him. To say he deserves to die is just outrageous.

I wonder how old this kid was when his perv started on him.

It all starts somewhere.

I am not saying that he has an "out" or is "off the hook" for his actions, but c'mon people! You all know that this kid was a victim just like that baby somewhere in his past. I would be willing to bet that a member of his own family did it to him. To say he deserves to die is just outrageous.
And if he wasnt abused would it change your mind? Many poeple are abused and some do not abuse back. How do we know he was abuse, maybe he was just a sick little boy. I maybe felt sorry for him for 2 seconds until I thought about what this baby has to go through the rest of his life. Why let him out so he can do it again???

And if he wasnt abused would it change your mind? Many poeple are abused and some do not abuse back. How do we know he was abuse, maybe he was just a sick little boy. I maybe felt sorry for him for 2 seconds until I thought about what this baby has to go through the rest of his life. Why let him out so he can do it again???

That is exactly my point. We don't know anything about this kid yet. What if, what if, what if..... Most sexual offenders were abused themselves. IT IS A FACT.

I wonder where the outrage was when this happened to him....and chances are it happened more than once when he was 9 months old....he probably remembers every little disgusting detail. Where were the people that were supposed to be protecting him?

I just can't believe that people are shouting DP, DP, Burn in Hell, when we know absolutely nothing.

I just can't believe that people are shouting DP, DP, Burn in Hell, when we know absolutely nothing.

ahhh but you're wrong. We know something.
We know the boy babysat.
We know the baby was sexually assaulted-- RAPED.
We know the baby had to recieve medical treatment.
We know a lot.

ahhh but you're wrong. We know something.
We know the boy babysat.
We know the baby was sexually assaulted-- RAPED.
We know the baby had to recieve medical treatment.
We know a lot.

Well, good for you. Let's strap him up and flip the switch. Obviously, that will make you feel better.

I, however, feel as though we have more than one victim here.

Well, good for you. Let's strap him up and flip the switch. Obviously, that will make you feel better.

I, however, feel as though we have more than one victim here.
he is 17. at what point do you stop being a victim and start being responcable for your actions. all this is based on "if" he was abused. not every sicko is abused.

That is exactly my point. We don't know anything about this kid yet. What if, what if, what if..... Most sexual offenders were abused themselves. IT IS A FACT.

I wonder where the outrage was when this happened to him....and chances are it happened more than once when he was 9 months old....he probably remembers every little disgusting detail. Where were the people that were supposed to be protecting him?

Where is his empathy if that is the case. Most people would not want to inflict the same torture they received on an innocent victim. We should let him go free to do it again?

You are right that most abusers were abused but we're seeing more juvenile offenders and they usually get out in short order to continue on with their life of abusing others.

Sex offenders younger, more violent, study says

Story Highlights
• 40 percent increase seen in offenses by juveniles in past 20 years
• Psychologists blame society rife with sexuality and violence
• Skeptics attribute statistical increase to more awareness, better reporting
• Large number of young offenders were themselves victims of abuse

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/09/young.offenders.ap/index.html

I still don't believe that most who were abused are out here inflicting harm on others. I think it is a small percentage and that group needs to be kept from society permanently once they are found. JMO.

he is 17. at what point do you stop being a victim and start being responcable for your actions. all this is based on "if" he was abused. not every sicko is abused.

Sherri,

Exactly! We don't know that he was abused and even if he was, he is old enough to know better than to do it to others.

He was pretty brazen, imo. Surely he knew he would be caught but he (allegedly) did it anyway!

Lavonne,

If he is found guilty of this, what is your idea of a solution in his case? Just curious as to what you think should happen then.

Lavonne,

You and I are on the same page regarding this issue. Welcome to Websleuths and thanks for speaking up.

I often wonder at what age we STOP caring about the child who was abused when that child, as an older person, continues the cycle of abuse, which - as you have stated - is a chain of pain.

Many people would answer that they stop caring once the older person choses to abuse, but that message never gets through to my heart. When a child is harmed, I feel enormous sadness for both the victim and the perpatrator - the former, for obvious reasons and the latter, because I can't imagine living in such darkness that one could harm a child. I perceive both such states to be excruciating in their pain.

I think many people here vent their frustrations when they shout DP and Burn in Hell and Suffer in Prison, etc... etc... I understand those frustrations with all my heart. But I feel and vent differently.

I could never cry for more death and suffering in this world - even for the "worst" among us. I think we have enough already.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back