WA - James Wamsley for rape of infant, Benton County, 2007

You know why this news story isn't getting much media attention? Because the perp is a minor. He is being protected-by law- because of his age. Reporters are probably afraid to touch this story even though his name is on the arrest warrant which is public record. I personally think every cities' news paper should carry the story to alert people to the dangers of what can happen when a teen is hired as a babysitter.

IMO the mother is partially to blame. If the picnic was so important to her why not go for a couple hours only and why didn't she take her kids? I'm getting the vision of a trashy mom who pawns her kids off on whoever she can. I hope I am wrong.[/quote]
I hope we are wrong too honey! Because I feel the same way. 9 hours is a long time for a 17y old to watch one kid, let alone 2.

You know why this news story isn't getting much media attention? Because the perp is a minor. He is being protected-by law- because of his age. Reporters are probably afraid to touch this story even though his name is on the arrest warrant which is public record. I personally think every cities' news paper should carry the story to alert people to the dangers of what can happen when a teen is hired as a babysitter.

IMO the mother is partially to blame. If the picnic was so important to her why not go for a couple hours only and why didn't she take her kids? I'm getting the vision of a trashy mom who pawns her kids off on whoever she can. I hope I am wrong.[/quote]
I hope we are wrong too honey! Because I feel the same way. 9 hours is a long time for a 17y old to watch one kid, let alone 2.

Hey Indy Gal!
I hope we're wrong. But something doesn't sit right with me about this. 9 hours is a long time for anyone to babysit, especially a teen. IMO that is.

I'm not yet willing to think the worst of the mother. I think more information is needed, but I don't know if it will be forthcoming.

I'd like to know what the infant's injuries were.

I'd like to know if Wamsley had ever babysat before (these kids or others) and how the mother knew him and how this babysitting gig came to be.

Also - where's the Dad?

Just lots of unanswereds and little reporting!

I'm not yet willing to think the worst of the mother. I think more information is needed, but I don't know if it will be forthcoming.

I'd like to know what the infant's injuries were.

I'd like to know if Wamsley had ever babysat before (these kids or others) and how the mother knew him and how this babysitting gig came to be.

Also - where's the Dad?

Just lots of unanswereds and little reporting!
HI SCM, just to be clear(my post dont always come across as I mean them) I would never blame her what happened, I just question why he would leave her kids with a 17 year old boy. More people need to find WS and read what goes on in our world today.IMO

About the baby, I would think his injuries are pretty bad. Excuse me for saying this but if he did infact rape the baby as said. He would be a full grown man right. I just cant bring myself to say it, but you get what I mean right?

HI SCM, just to be clear(my post dont always come across as I mean them) I would never blame her what happened, I just question why he would leave her kids with a 17 year old boy. More people need to find WS and read what goes on in our world today.IMO

About the baby, I would think his injuries are pretty bad. Excuse me for saying this but if he did infact rape the baby as said. He would be a full grown man right. I just cant bring myself to say it, but you get what I mean right?

Oh Indy - I hope my post didn't come across as holier-than-thou or judgmental of yours or anyone else's opinion!! That's not how I meant it to sound at all. :blowkiss: I know you don't blame the mother!

I too question leaving two young children with a teenager for such a long period of time - that's why I would love to know some more about how this came to be.

One of the articles say the mother discovered the injuries immediately and called 911. So, yes, my brain goes to horrible and obvious places! At the risk of being totally inappropriate, here are my thoughts: there must have been obvious anal damage AND I would think there might have to be semen.

This is where I am ignorant of the law in this state - can rape charges only bought if there was personal penetration, as opposed to penetration with a foreign object?

I'm sorry if I am freaking anyone out - just thinking out loud.

Oh Indy - I hope my post didn't come across as holier-than-thou or judgmental of yours or anyone else's opinion!! That's not how I meant it to sound at all. :blowkiss: I know you don't blame the mother!

I too question leaving two young children with a teenager for such a long period of time - that's why I would love to know some more about how this came to be.

One of the articles say the mother discovered the injuries immediately and called 911. So, yes, my brain goes to horrible and obvious places! At the risk of being totally inappropriate, here are my thoughts: there must have been obvious anal damage AND I would think there might have to be semen.

This is where I am ignorant of the law in this state - can rape charges only bought if there was personal penetration, as opposed to penetration with a foreign object?

I'm sorry if I am freaking anyone out - just thinking out loud.
It didnt at all!!! I guess this past week I have been misunderstood so have been on the defense...sorry You know I love your posts. I wish I could write as well as you and others here!!

I believe rape is with penis( but dont know laws well) and with him being 17 years old there would have to be magor damage..IMO. I think the reason she found out so quickly is that poor baby was screaming his poor head off.

It didnt at all!!! I guess this past week I have been misunderstood so have been on the defense...sorry You know I love your posts. I wish I could write as well as you and others here!!

I believe rape is with penis( but dont know laws well) and with him being 17 years old there would have to be magor damage..IMO. I think the reason she found out so quickly is that poor baby was screaming his poor head off.

As I do yours...:blushing:

I think you are correct about the definition of rape. I thought perhaps the mother was changing a diaper and noticed something very wrong. I do recall some of the initial articles describing the injuries as "severe."

Just so heartbreaking! Hard to wrap my head and heart around....(insert sad-faced icon here).

I just can not grasp what was going on through his head. That poor baby had to be screaming something fierce. He had no compassion what so ever? I still (sorry) can think of how it is possible for him to rape him to begin with. Seeing the size differance and all. Know what I mean? Makes me sick to think about it.

Also changing the diapers is a very good thought. It is my other thought as well.

I just can not grasp what was going on through his head. That poor baby had to be screaming something fierce. He had no compassion what so ever? I still (sorry) can think of how it is possible for him to rape him to begin with. Seeing the size differance and all. Know what I mean? Makes me sick to think about it.

The sexual urge in teenage boys is a VERY powerful thing. I am not making excuses for this boy, but I do take that into consideration when thinking about what might have happened. Many of our most terrible crimes are committed to fulfill an overwhelming sexual desire. Sad but true. You just can't underestimate how all-encompassing that drive can be....mixed with immaturity, poor impulse control, opportunity, curiosity...DISASTER.

Again - not to be too graphic or offensive - my thoughts are that the teenager was overcome with this desire. It doesn't take the average teenage boy very long to complete a sexual act. I don't think it would take full penetration the way you and I would think of full penetration for the act to get completed, but because the object of he's using is so little, any penetration is very harmful.

The sexual urge in teenage boys is a VERY powerful thing. I am not making excuses for this boy, but I do take that into consideration when thinking about what might have happened. Many of our most terrible crimes are committed to fulfill an overwhelming sexual desire. Sad but true. You just can't underestimate how all-encompassing that drive can be....mixed with immaturity, poor impulse control, opportunity, curiosity...DISASTER.

Again - not to be too graphic or offensive - my thoughts are that the teenager was overcome with this desire. It doesn't take the average teenage boy very long to complete a sexual act. I don't think it would take full penetration the way you and I would think of full penetration for the act to get completed, but because the object of he's using is so little, any penetration is very harmful.
I agree about the powerful sexual drive in young boys. And again not to be grapic, Is a 17 year old developed like a man? I still just dont understand it, this boy is sick sick sick!!!

I agree about the powerful sexual drive in young boys. And again not to be grapic, Is a 17 year old developed like a man? I still just dont understand it, this boy is sick sick sick!!!
its been awhile but i think i remember. yes at 17 a boy has grown pretty much to where he will stop. if he will be 6'4" expect his height to be 6'2". if he will be blah blah expect his growth to be 95% of that at 17. tryin not to be grapic

its been awhile but i think i remember. yes at 17 a boy has grown pretty much to where he will stop. if he will be 6'4" expect his height to be 6'2". if he will be blah blah expect his growth to be 95% of that at 17. tryin not to be grapic
None of us are but I think we might have to talk about things soon that will upset us all.

Would the media not be jumping on this due to the protecting the baby as a victim? Kids are cruel, and i could only imagine what they would say to the poor child when he is older. I've seen national news stations cover other crimes less than he did involving kids under 18.
17 years old is old enough to know better, and due to the nature of his crime, he needs to get the book thrown at him. He will get out and commit more horrid crimes otherwise.

i have known a few 17 year old boys. they wanted sex every chance they could get it. i have known 1 who took 3 showers a day to get some "alone" time. the idea that a 17 year old male can not control his sex drive is unacceptable imo. they are not animals that hump every thing they see. they go to class every day with out dragging a girl in to a closet. we dont give them a special bathroom break during the day to relive the "stress" they have built up. they have little brothers and sisters that they dont rape every time mom and dad run to the store. a 17 year old male may be in the mood all the time but it does not explain why he would rape a 9 month old baby. not only is it not a excuse but it is not even a good explanation. we all know that baby screamed. he must have bled. now go ask your husband/son/dad/brother or just a friend that is male. would he have told a girl he loved her just for sex at 17.. yes probably. would he rape a baby?... if he says yes keep your kids as far away as you can!

I called KNDU in WA who printed the last updates on this case. The newsperson I spoke to said that KNDU made a decision to not contact any member of the families involved, and to instead wait for the July trial date. He also said that their information is that, since the baby has been released from the hospital, he has not had any medical issues.

I am confused, If he raped a 9 month baby, how would there be no medical issues. Not disagreeing with you just confused now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back