Found Alive WA - Jason, 33, & Melissa McAlister, 27, & 2 kids, Grays Harbor County, 15 Nov 2016

LisaWL7TR

Reaction score
The info that the man(assuming it meant landlord) was the emergency contact is new information.

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/four-missing-family-members-last-seen-in-montesano/467867200

The man told officers that just before he called 911, he had returned home from work and noticed that the family and their 2008 Chevrolet Uplander van, were not at home.

Shortly after, the man received a call saying that the family’s 7- and 5-year-old children had been taken back to the Montesano School bus garage because the McAlisters were not at the bus stop to pick them up.

The original link. Doesn't say landlord but doesn't mean it isn't the landlord.

http://komonews.com/news/local/sheriffs-office-searching-for-missing-wash-mom-dad-2-kids

The driver took the children back to the Montesano school bus garage and school officials called an emergency contact for the children, who picked them up and drove them home, where there was no sign of the rest of the family.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tealgrove

#Where Is Summer? #Gannon Is My Hero
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time believing that a mom to 4 children would be in bed at 7:00 am. Man, you gotta get 2 kids ready for school and out the door while contending with a baby and another young one that requires attention. I would think it would be all hands on deck in that house first thing in the morning. I can certainly understand a nap AFTER the older two had headed off for school. Something's not sitting right.

I also don't understand why your landlord would be the emergency back up for the kids. I find that odd and disconcerting if true.

Do we know where the 2 oldest children are now?

MOO

DakotaMayi

Former Member
Reaction score
Who is the landlord to them? Sounds like more than just a landlord.

polevaultpower

Reaction score
I used to live not too far from that area and have driven through there many times. There are tons and tons of unpaved logging roads in the area usually unmarked. It would be super easy to take a wrong turn and get super lost. It would also be easy to hit a really muddy stretch and get stuck, or hit a rock and damage your vehicle pretty bad.

If they have a cell, the GPS will think it knows those roads, but it doesn't, and you would probably lose signal once you're on them.

Of course there are all kinds of crazy scenarios as to what could have happened, but being stranded on a log road is the most likely, I'm praying they find the family safely today!

polevaultpower

Reaction score
My first thought was they were in a car accident, and haven't been discovered yet. Who has the two older children? Do they have family in the area?

I saw in one of the articles that CPS is working to place them with family. So maybe they have family but not super close by? Those poor kids [emoji853]

whippetgood

Reaction score
I hope my gut feeling about this is wrong. I don't think it's odd that the father had a conversation with the landlord about their plans. I get the impression the landlord is a grandfather figure for the kids, and perhaps the emergency contact. I don't think it's odd mom was in bed at 7 either.

It's very concerning to me that the other children weren't picked up. I imagine if they were running away from something/someone they wouldn't leave two kids.

I had a client from there and my impression of the town is that it's a small town, rural area. Is anyone else familiar with the area? Is it heavily forested like it is north? I recall a woman getting in accident in a heavily populated area and her car not being found for a long, long time despite the accident happening on the freeway.

I hope they are ok.

polevaultpower

Reaction score
The Kiro7 article above quotes the aunt of the missing mom, on Twitter it looks like they also interviewed the missing woman's mom (grandma of the missing children). They said the family would never leave their older children.

Here is the missing persons poster

4043229df11c25bc500d72144ea035ae.jpg

razzledazzle

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to make of this one. Accident is my first thought. Rural areas pick kids up really early for school, so mom may have laid back down. Conversation with the landlord/employer/friend sounds normal. Maybe the Dad was just letting him know they would be home later in case he needed work done in the afternoon. MOO JMO

polevaultpower

Reaction score
Grays Harbor Scanner has a Facebook post up with a number of family members commenting. Multiple people have said they did not have a cell phone.

polevaultpower

Reaction score
They have been found! Reports are they were located walking along a logging road in Mason County, being checked out now.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score

TTF14

Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert
Reaction score
Sounds like their van probably broke down. Glad they are safe.

Traymar

Reaction score
What a relief! So happy to hear the good news.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
... crediting a hunter with finding four members.

because of intense media coverage, the hunter immediately recognized Jason and Melissa McAlister and their two youngest children when he saw them walking along a remote logging road in Mason County.

The McAlisters brought their 8-month-old and 2-year-old out for a drive while the couple’s two older children were at school Tuesday. They tried to drive around a downed tree on a logging road but got stuck.

They had plenty of fuel in their van and some water, and they spent both nights in the vehicle. They tried to walk out to get help Wednesday, but got turned around.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/northwest/missing-montesano-family-found-condition-unknown/