WA WA - Jean-marc Faubert, 28, Burlington, 25 May 2018

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by cybervampira, May 30, 2018.

1. Carson.I

Carson.I New Member

Source? I saw facebook posts but no flyers. Thanks

2. jnblsm

jnblsm Well-Known Member

If a sailor is AWOL, how much news does that generate normally?

SwissMiss and Sjm_qc like this.
  3. privateeyesarewatchingyou

privateeyesarewatchingyou Member

I do agree, Navy supersedes public disclosure, even if they may not search for their own sailors. However, a concerted effort is made in conjunction, if that makes sense. There is a multitude of reasons why this is not public knowledge. Ie.: Next of kin has not been notified, ect., ect., One could speculate, but there are more than competent personal involved. It's an open investigation with Bulington, WA PD. If you have any information about this case: Contact Burlington, Washington Police Department.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    MollyWhitebear, Sjm_qc and SwissMiss like this.
  4. privateeyesarewatchingyou

FB Flyer #Pacific Northwestmissing

Attached Files:

5. jnblsm

jnblsm Well-Known Member

Be nice, guys.
    This thread is too important for pettiness and grammar issues.
    We need to find out where this sailor is and bring him home.

6. Nannbob

Nannbob Member

Was/is this an actual flier that is circulating? If so it says he was last seen in Burlington....that’s different than any information made public.

inmyhumbleopinion likes this.
  7. privateeyesarewatchingyou

Where? Or Are?
    No. Again, from FB, somewhere on it shows source and NO it's nothing official, I wouldn't take it for precise, rather local community efforts.

Attached Files:

Carson.I likes this.
  8. privateeyesarewatchingyou

One reason in Washington State: Public Disclosure Act. I think they still need cameras in the common parking and lavatory areas and check point cameras upon entering and leaving on both sides. Memorial Day weekend drew 20k+ people (+-)

MollyWhitebear likes this.
  9. privateeyesarewatchingyou

10. privateeyesarewatchingyou

11. privateeyesarewatchingyou

12. LivyG

LivyG New Member

His car was found in the parking lot...who found it? Did he frequent that hiking area or tell someone where he was going? Who knew to look there and why? Or did someone call the vehicle in to authorities over something suspicious?

Steph9676, Sanz, savagewoman and 2 others like this.
  13. privateeyesarewatchingyou

None of those questions can be answered during an investigation. *Except if he frequented the area. Yes. His station at NAS is 15 mins away...

Attached Files:

14. SwissMiss

SwissMiss Member

The police don't make every detail about an investigation for a reason. Many of these questions aren't answered yet because of that. It's nothing to cause skepticism.

BethAnn777, MollyWhitebear and Sjm_qc like this.
  15. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Well-Known Member

not everyone everywhere is on FB. Would be great to try to reach folks who don't use it, also.

And answering who found the vehicle is often reported early. We've seen it many times in other cases. If it's not, there's a reason why, IMO. There is something of evidentiary value in knowing who and the circumstances. Good thinking to the poster who asked about this.

16. Xiola

Xiola New Member

I’m confused... Is this thread about Jean or his girlfriend?

17. LivyG

LivyG New Member

Absolutely I am an outsider. <modsnip>

Any of the people involved personally in the situation that are suggesting people HELP...I would love to. If there is a search party, let me know and I’m there. Key areas to search, where are they? All I know is car was found at deception pass. There’s been no mention of an organized, hundreds of people search party. Or very specifically where to look.

Other ways to help? Tell me, I’m there.

This story has touched so many people. For many different reasons, myself included. The internet investigating could be a very valuable tool. Already, the fb share garnered almost 30,000 shares. 30,000! That’s astronomically more coverage than so many families receive when loved ones go missing . Not all of us are exploiting lisa’s pain, because I know tragedy like his from experience. What it looks and feels like. And feeling helpless.

One fb post <modsnip> is all it would take for a massive search party to happen. An organizational meeting at a community building or a park, with paper handouts detailing specific trails, areas to look and specific delegations of clusters of people to search. UTILIZE the internet and the thousands of people that this story has touched so much. And forget about the trolls. Hundreds of people are at her disposal, if not thousands. Use them. That help. <modsnip>...what an absolutely horrible waste of manpower and much needed extra help in finding a man that was obviously loved by so many.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2018
    Sanz, MollyWhitebear and SwissMiss like this.
  18. BookBandit

BookBandit Active Member

I'm local too. I understand why maybe they don't want untrained volunteers searching the Deception Pass area, don't want anyone getting themselves hurt. Also, I would imagine it was pretty populated over Memorial Day and any slightly sunny day we've had since then.

Are there other areas that are a priority to be searched or could use fliers posted? Its not that locals don't care, I think its just a combined assumption of the bridge and that the Navy is handling it. Happy to do whatever would be most helpful!

19. GarAndTeed

GarAndTeed Well-Known Member

Hi @Aunt_Tulip ! Could you please link me to the threads of the 2 folks you mentioned, or give me an idea of where I might find them? I did searches on both, and came up empty. Many thanks for your help!

20. Sjm_qc

Sjm_qc Well-Known Member