WA WA - Jean-marc Faubert, 28, Burlington, 25 May 2018

I’m confused... Is this thread about Jean or his girlfriend?

Ooh for heaven's sake. That's not fair. We're just requesting that the rules of the forum be followed and that people not denigrate or accuse his fiance with ZERO evidence. It's not taking away from the search of Jean.<modsnip>.

*modsnipped for personalizing

Last edited by a moderator:
No official missing person flyer, no national coverage. No press conference pleas for his return.

I would say that in my experience following the missing, the media will not always give coverage under certain circumstances. Just in my honest opinion, if the media and/or LE believe that it may be suicide, there is less coverage. Also, if it is believed that an adult walked away on their own, there is less coverage. Media in some communities will not give help to a loved one if LE does not push for the coverage.

Personally, I don't fault the girlfriend for the lack of coverage on this one. I just pray that answers are found soon.

Many posts referencing social media comments have been removed. As per Websleuths’ TOS, the girlfriend’s and friend’s facebook accounts are off-limits. Information garnered from comments on social media is not allowed. Websleuths is fact based, and the only discussion from social media that is allowed are for victims, suspects, official Missing Persons accounts, MSM accounts or law enforcement. Anything else is considered rumor and will be removed. Here are the specifics for our rules regarding social media accounts:

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

The other rule I saw consistently being disregarded was the following from our TOS:
Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed.

We are here to discuss Jean Marc and the details of his going missing. We are not here to pass judgement or sleuth those who are close to him.

Continual disregard for our TOS will result in the issuing of warning points. Accumulation of points could lead to the loss of posting privileges.

The thread is now open for posting.

After reading many comments and forums, and changing my opinion many times as well, I do believe I may have put the pieces together. Of course, my opinion only and I may change it again as more facts are presented. Jean-Marc was to transfer to Okinawa this week and check in June 12. <modsnip> I believe he loved <modsnip> so much and didn't want to risk her career or for it to suffer. Whether he walked away or committed suicide I do not know the answer. Time usually presents the facts in one way or another!

<modsnipped due to no MSM link- information came from social media

Is anyone in this thread local to the area? Is there any news or updates about Jean? As far as SM it’s all speculation...just people on fb and twitter asking for updates. 30k people got roped in to share the missing persons posting by the gf then completely cutoff without any updates for almost 2 wks now.

Is anyone in this thread local to the area? Is there any news or updates about Jean? As far as SM it’s all speculation...just people on fb and twitter asking for updates. 30k people got roped in to share the missing persons posting by the gf then completely cutoff without any updates for almost 2 wks now.

She is not required to provide updates. Probably the last thing on her mind. Or perhaps the lack of updates is at LE’s request. We just don’t know.

And I call complete shenanigans on the claim that Navy is calling him deceased. Only 8 days ago, Jean's CO stated "
Naval Health Clinic Oak Harbor’s commanding officer, Capt. Christine Sears, released a statement about Faubert.

“Our thoughts and prayers go out to Hospital Corpsman 2nd Class Jean-Marc Faubert, his family, and loved ones,” she said. “We are hopeful for his safe return and encourage anyone with any information to contact the Burlington Police."

http://www.whidbeynewstimes.com/news/missing-sailors-car-found-in-lot-near-deception-pass-bridge/

<modsnip>

They simply may not be on SM

His aunt and a cousin are definitely on S0cial.

Many posts referencing social media comments have been removed. As per Websleuths’ TOS, the girlfriend’s and friend’s facebook accounts are off-limits. Information garnered from comments on social media is not allowed. Websleuths is fact based, and the only discussion from social media that is allowed are for victims, suspects, official Missing Persons accounts, MSM accounts or law enforcement. Anything else is considered rumor and will be removed. Here are the specifics for our rules regarding social media accounts:

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

The other rule I saw consistently being disregarded was the following from our TOS:

We are here to discuss Jean Marc and the details of his going missing. We are not here to pass judgement or sleuth those who are close to him.

Continual disregard for our TOS will result in the issuing of warning points. Accumulation of points could lead to the loss of posting privileges.

The thread is now open for posting.

Bumping up my post... I am not sure what part of it is not understood by some. To reiterate, it is against TOS to discuss comments or to copy paste comments from private facebook accounts here. It is also a major infraction to bash those who knew the victim.

Warnings have been issued.

This whole case has been bizarre, from top to bottom. *shakes head*

IMO, it may have been clear (not bizarre) to LE & the Navy from the start, or from very shortly after they started investigating.

Lack of public updates from official sources is always very frustrating for sure, but it happens more often than not when military is involved, in my observation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back