WA WA - Jean-marc Faubert, 28, Burlington, 25 May 2018

I have read about this case on another forum that, let’s just say, has no moderation and I am saddened by the nastiness. I believe it to be one individual, or a small group of individuals, who are responsible for the social media witch hunt and I find it very saddening. I hope I’m within TOS with this post as I am trying to keep my thoughts generalized...
I feel terribly for the family and loved ones of Jean. He was clearly an amazing soul and I find it hard to believe that there are people out there who would intentionally cause pain to Jean’s loved ones during this heartbreaking time.
I can’t imagine why this is happening but I’m thankful for the exceptional mods here at Websleuths who have put a very quick end to this hurtful speculation. Mods, you have successfully pushed this person off to the other forums, and even there this person is being addressed and hopefully silenced. That type of behavior has no place in this situation and I pray that Jean’s loved ones know that the majority of the public have nothing but positive thoughts and prayers going out to them for peace and closure.

I posted about the SOCIAL MEDIA page of the missing, possibly murdered man #jeanmarcfaubert , but mods deleted it for this incorrect reason ?
"Your post in the thread Wa - Jean-marc Faubert, 28, Burlington, 25 May 2018 was deleted. Reason: social media of family/friends is off-limits
Saturday at 3:37 AM"
Again, I took the time to write that the important posts on #jeanmarcfaubert 's Facebook page have been deleted. Very suspicious.
4D5vMYE

The page was also temporarily memorialized when it is in fact VERY hard to do that without someone being formally declared dead.
Then his page it was un-memorialized and posts by #jeanmarcfaubert started to vanish.
People who complained about this on HIS facebook page had their posts deleted also.
I am screenshoting this post as I can imagine it will be deleted too.
Very unhelpful to delving into this case.

Attachments

• 1529362555375.jpg
    1529362555375.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I posted about the SOCIAL MEDIA page of the missing, possibly murdered man #jeanmarcfaubert , but mods deleted it for this incorrect reason ?
"Your post in the thread Wa - Jean-marc Faubert, 28, Burlington, 25 May 2018 was deleted. Reason: social media of family/friends is off-limits
Again, I took the time to write that the important posts on #jeanmarcfaubert 's Facebook page have been deleted. Very suspicious.
4D5vMYE

The page was also temporarily memorialized when it is in fact VERY hard to do that without someone being formally declared dead.
Then his page it was un-memorialized and posts by #jeanmarcfaubert started to vanish.
People who complained about this on HIS facebook page had their posts deleted also.

If it is difficult to have someone else’s Facebook page memorialized and then unmemorialized how and why would she have done that? I have no idea how difficult it is to do, but I can imagine being in her place and doing that and then undoing that. I can’t imagine what a roller coaster of emotions she is feeling.

Edited to add: according to a Buzzfeed article I found, it’s not that hard to have someone’s account memorized. Not implying at all that this is how it happened.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...o-murder-your-friends-on-facebook-in-2-easy-s

Last edited:
4D5vMYE

Also, the screen shot that you included of his FB page, why? Sorry, I am having a hard time following what you are pointing out.

I’m new to this case. I finally got caught up with everything last night. I feel this case for some reason got way off track. Sorting through all the comments from all sources were intense. It seems he was really loved and admired by a lot of people. After reading everything the only conclusion I came up with was that he possibly jumped which is really sad. All social media seemed he was upbeat and happy so this kinda shocks me to think this way. If his car was parked at the mall or work no one would think this way. This is either a good cover up for a crime or some information is missing. I feel that since he went missing on the 25th and things kinda slowed down by the 1st there must be evidence that we don’t know about. Such as him possibly not as upbeat as his social media accounts seem. I hope there is closure for his family and friends. I feel if it was thought to be foul play there would have been more press or searching for him. :(
My thoughts are...was from 10pm on the 24th he was last heard from. It says his car was at the bridge at 5is am on the 25th. Was that just when Park rangers took track of cars or was he listed as missing in those 7 hours and his car was found? Is there hiking in this location at 5am? Would he hike at 5am? If it was an accident was he known to hike so early in the morning? How likely are accidents on this hike and was he known to hike without his keys, cellphone. If he was not suicidal I would think more people would speak out and say this is not him he would never do this but it seems like no one did that. It seems to me like his gf noticed him missing went into panic mode, searches were made and by a week after everything kinda slowed down. Normally in the cases I follow after a week it’s go time and lots of flyers, a fb page to find a missing person, and things go national. I could be wrong but to me it seems like after a week everything stopped.

I just found this case and it is really very different. That is a polite way to put it.
All I have noticed appears to have become one side or the other and people can't accept rational thinking from either side.

One think on WS is that you will have opposing sides and views, you WILL hear things you don't want to think about.

That all being said: there are some peculiarities with the handling of this case. (not saying right or wrong, just seems like a lot of watered down information. Each report has been the exact same, just his personal info and that is all. Personally, I have seen many with scant details however. some of the information that appears, may be withheld could be a clue to help locate Jean. I wonder why the last known sighting, last day at work or if he is known to hike in this area etc. would not be disclosed if police were fairly positive of suicide. Knowing his habits would be very helpful.

Were there any civilian searches? Has anything been said about his family? I would think links to family would be useful for a missing person case. Last, I know SAR was removed from the water but, can they observe from the banks? Okay, one more. Did he live alone? And in one of the photos, it looks like green scrubs. Was he a medic or something in the medical field? I'm still wondering his chances of buying time to get to Canada from Washington state. If you park your vehicle in an area known for suicide, you can buy a lot of time because suicide would be expected.
I, in no way am saying this is so. Only an idea.

We have no idea what people are thinking and it doesn't really matter how close you think you are. You may be surprised how other people are thinking no matter how wonderful and happy they appear. As long as I have been reading here I can honestly say, this is where WS is beneficial. Most of us strive to come up with different theories of what could have been.

I just found this case and it is really very different. That is a polite way to put it.
All I have noticed appears to have become one side or the other and people can't accept rational thinking from either side.

One think on WS is that you will have opposing sides and views, you WILL hear things you don't want to think about.

That all being said: there are some peculiarities with the handling of this case. (not saying right or wrong, just seems like a lot of watered down information. Each report has been the exact same, just his personal info and that is all. Personally, I have seen many with scant details however. some of the information that appears, may be withheld could be a clue to help locate Jean. I wonder why the last known sighting, last day at work or if he is known to hike in this area etc. would not be disclosed if police were fairly positive of suicide. Knowing his habits would be very helpful.

Were there any civilian searches? Has anything been said about his family? I would think links to family would be useful for a missing person case. Last, I know SAR was removed from the water but, can they observe from the banks? Okay, one more. Did he live alone? And in one of the photos, it looks like green scrubs. Was he a medic or something in the medical field? I'm still wondering his chances of buying time to get to Canada from Washington state. If you park your vehicle in an area known for suicide, you can buy a lot of time because suicide would be expected.
I, in no way am saying this is so. Only an idea.

We have no idea what people are thinking and it doesn't really matter how close you think you are. You may be surprised how other people are thinking no matter how wonderful and happy they appear. As long as I have been reading here I can honestly say, this is where WS is beneficial. Most of us strive to come up with different theories of what could have been.

I have seen cases where someone just picked up and left like this but It’s been almost 2 months. Hopefully that would be the case here. I would really hate to see that he took his life. Could the move to Japan been to much for him?

I don’t know if I am aloud to say this so admin please delete if this is inappropriate but I don’t feel the GF should have endured the negativity that she did in this situation and I feel like because she did it stalled future progress in finding Jean. I’m hoping her time away has given her strength to move forward and seek awnsers in Jeans disappearance and she can come back stronger then ever with fresh insight.

Does anyone know if he crossed this bridge on his way home that night from work or where he was? I googled the navy base where he was but was this a bridge he crossed that night to go home or was this a bridge out of his way? Was he on the base the night he said goodnight to his GF and woke up and went there or was this a stop on his way home after work?

If he lived in Burlington and worked on Whidbey, he would cross this bridge every day on the way to and from work.

Other than some people thinking the gf's comments being odd, I am curious why people are thinking this particular case is so mysterious. Suicide off Deception Pass Bridge is not unusual. Finding a car in the parking lot and never finding the body is also not unusual. If his family was publicly asking for answers or wanting to hire a PI, I would feel differently of course. I feel like if the Navy and his family are not asking for more answers, then we can probably assume they know more than we do and we should respect their privacy.

Yes, I understand staging the car there would be a good cover up. There are other documented cases even here on WS with very similar circumstances where the eventual assumption of suicide was readily accepted. Again, just curious why this case seems so different.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back