Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't yet know if the parents have any direct involvement in this beautiful baby's disappearance. However, IMO only, authorities clearly felt there was neglect and therefor removed the other children from the home. For this I am SO pissed off, as, I feel that she was not living in a safe environment.
Geez...this very young child was gone for at least 24 hours! 24 freaking hours!

We don't yet know if the parents have any direct involvement in this beautiful baby's disappearance. However, IMO only, authorities clearly felt there was neglect and therefor removed the other children from the home. For this I am SO pissed off, as, I feel that she was not living in a safe environment.
Geez...this very young child was gone for at least 24 hours! 24 freaking hours!

As soon as my boys get quiet, I go looking for them. Mostly because if they are quiet, they are doing something they shouldn't be doing. How does a parent go thru 24 hours of silence and not think anything of it?

That creek is where my boys would go. They'd be throwing rocks in it.

Am I correct that only the parents are left living in the home at this time? Jenise is missing, two were taken, and the rest live elsewhere?

That's the way I understand it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ear-old-accused-touching-inappropriately.html

This article talks of the fathers previous charges. And it says the 8 year old was told to make the accusation up and was threatened with a spanking if she ever brought it up again after reporting it to her mother . yet he did get a charge on what he did to the teen baby sitter. this from court records printed in the article. No wonder the police are not focusing on this.

This has nothing to do with Jenice, but is a deliberately provocative piece from the Daily Mail about *mollycoddled* children and independence. I will not state my opinion.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...responsible-Here-ANNE-ATKINS-insists-not.html

I post the link only to show that no matter what strata of society, there are some parents who feel that running around unsupervised is OK.

As for the homeless and mentally ill, I feel that we as a society have failed these people on an institutional level, and we as a society also need to be aware that there are the same odds of violence, rape, murder and any other crime among the homeless as there are among *regular* folks.

The homeless guy down the street self-medicating may or may not be as capable of violence or peadophilia as the lawyer one plays golf with at the country club. JMO.

In my opinion, "running around unsupervised" is necessary for healthy normal human development. A child should develop the ability to bike around the neighborhood and fall off the bike and get skinned up but still walk the bike back home, bruised and bleeding. A child should be able to wander into the woods and get lost and be forced by their own wits to find their way home. That's how you develop intellect and independence and ability to function. That's how you keep from being 30 years old and not being able to leave mom and dad's home because you frankly aren't capable of anything independent as many in this last generation has proved to be.

So that's why, in my generation and all generations before this, kids were allowed to pedal off on their bikes or wander off on foot for adventures. It's necessary to develop a child into an independent individual.

That has nothing to do with this case, where a child was missing in the morning when everyone got up and it wasn't until dark that anyone at all looked for her. That's a family in chaos and nothing to do with having children able to flex their freedom muscles and pedal around the area or walk and exercise their own independence for awhile.

Ugh I hope they find this girl soon, such a hard area to search, so many forested areas, waterways, lakes, desolate areas, etc. I'll be in the area this weekend I will keep a lookout for anything, do we know what she was last seen wearing? Need to catch up.

If family not involved at all is it possible there is any relation to the Lindsey Baum case, I know Mcleary isn't immediately nearby but somewhat same region but she is one unsolved young female child who vanished in the area (been wondering for years what happened to her).

you betcha, if I see anything I'll let you know.
Maybe I need to tell the Hubby we need to go to Fred Meyers hmmm (to obvious?)

Honestly I hope she is home with her siblings before I even leave the house.

(If we don't eat at Arby's we love the little Teriyaki place in Poulsbo near Walmart)

Thank you! :loveyou:

Mmmm - now I'm hungry. My goto place in Poulsbo is Tizley's - I play in a Scottish music session once a month and their schnitzel is to die for. But I digress. :)

Anyway, thanks again. I'm curious to see what the locals know about this case. Hopefully word has spread.

this is exactly why we left the Bemerton/Silverdale area and moved where my kids could walk to the school and play- or go downtown and annoy the shop owners.
I didn't worry about my youngest daughter hanging out around town here but I sure worry since she moved across the water to the big city.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ear-old-accused-touching-inappropriately.html

This article talks of the fathers previous charges. And it says the 8 year old was told to make the accusation up and was threatened with a spanking if she ever brought it up again after reporting it to her mother . yet he did get a charge on what he did to the teen baby sitter. this from court records printed in the article. No wonder the police are not focusing on this.
In court records filed in Whatcom County, Washington, the younger of his accusers said she had reported the incident to her mother who told her she would 'get a spanking' if she spoke of the incident again.

[...]

"It is not clear why the molestation charges were dropped. But Wright's attorney argued in court records that the young girl later told relatives she had been prompted to lie about the incident."

@JeannaT I agree, which is why I posted without comment. I only wanted to point out a click bait article in the DM about unsupervised children *having adventures* and that there is, perhaps, a mindset, regardless of class/income/educational level that thinks this running around unsupervised is acceptable. I hope you noticed I didn't express my personal opinion.

I posted a link, that's all. It was only to point out that there may very well be parents who think that running around completely unsupervised *in this day and age* is ok. That's all. I'm very sorry if you interpreted my words differently.

So the family claims. And that was AFTER she was threatened with spanking if she ever mentioned it again.

In court records filed in Whatcom County, Washington, the younger of his accusers said she had reported the incident to her mother who told her she would 'get a spanking' if she spoke of the incident again.

[...]

"It is not clear why the molestation charges were dropped. But Wright's attorney argued in court records that the young girl later told relatives she had been prompted to lie about the incident."

yes that is what i'm talking about.

Honestly, it sounds to me like she went outside first thing after she woke up. Hence the men's shirt and bare feet. I have slept in men's shirts since I was a toddler (my dad's) and still do as a grown adult (my husband's)...

It sounds like Jenise's was not supervised enough and was allowed to come and go from the home too freely with no supervision. Now she is missing. It's devastating. But I am trying to keep some perspective.
Yes. Thank you. Great post.

Ugh I hope they find this girl soon, such a hard area to search, so many forested areas, waterways, lakes, desolate areas, etc. I'll be in the area this weekend I will keep a lookout for anything, do we know what she was last seen wearing? Need to catch up.

If family not involved at all is it possible there is any relation to the Lindsey Baum case, I know Mcleary isn't immediately nearby but somewhat same region but she is one unsolved young female child who vanished in the area (been wondering for years what happened to her).

Before I read any of the thread, Lindsey Baum was the first thing I thought of. McCleary is a little over an hour away.

I don't know her exact neighborhood, but kitsap county in general. Picture heavy underbrush and dense vegetation. Heck, the state is practically held together with blackberry bramble. On my own quarter acre, I could probably get stuck somewhere. I actually see how she could be out there somewhere. Could be a race against the elements at this point.
I drove around for a while yesterday....near the ferry and a few side streets. Tomorrow I'll drive some parks. I wish I knew of an organized search happening. It absolutely needs to happen.

Could someone who's been on this forum for a while please direct me to some posts that are informative regarding the search efforts thus far in this case?

Thanks in advance.

You are so tactful! Thank you for your gentle prompt for us to keep this thread focused on Jenise!

Typically I come to Websleuths first before checking any news media since I can usually find up to the minute info on whatever case I happen to be following. I was a bit disappointed to come back here tonight after a couple of hours to see so many posts without any real info on the search efforts for Jenise.

I know everyone here cares deeply & devotes a lot of time to these cases and it's hard to wait patiently for info to be released from LE.

K-9 Chaser - please stick around! We would love to get your thoughts!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member