Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why the Teleka Patrick reference was made, but I'll roll with it. When Teleka was 17 she was quirky but no one could have imagined her mental health would have taken such a turn. We had a poster here on WS in those threads who went to school with her and although she said TP had been a little odd, she was shocked at how mental illness had taken her former friend from her. Age does play a role in mental illness, whether it be onset ages for schizoid disorders or bipolar illness. Gaeta is in one of those age ranges for males where symptoms that were previously unseen, would begin to appear. FWIW.

Again, I am not defending GG or stating that he has depression, bipolar or psychosis. None of us here is qualified to say what illness he may or may not have, as none of us is his doctor. Certainly if he does have any illness, he will be treated for it to make him ready for trial.

Not sure why the Teleka Patrick reference was made, but I'll roll with it. When Teleka was 17 she was quirky but no one could have imagined her mental health would have taken such a turn. We had a poster here on WS in those threads who went to school with her and although she said TP had been a little odd, she was shocked at how mental illness had taken her former friend from her. Age does play a role in mental illness, whether it be onset ages for schizoid disorders or bipolar illness. Gaeta is in one of those age ranges for males where symptoms that were previously unseen, would begin to appear. FWIW.

Again, I am not defending GG or stating that he has depression, bipolar or psychosis. None of us here is qualified to say what illness he may or may not have, as none of us is his doctor. Certainly if he does have any illness, he will be treated for it to make him ready for trial.

I brought her up as an example where the employer said one thing to the MSM (nothing odd, great employee), and told LE something else entirely (odd since she started, we were keeping an eye on her, lots of questionable behavior.)

No other parallels to this case have been shown thus far.

I brought her up as an example where the employer said one thing to the MSM (nothing odd, great employee), and told LE something else entirely (odd since she started, we were keeping an eye on her, lots of questionable behavior.)

No other parallels to this case have been shown thus far.

OIC! It's early and I'm on my first cup of coffee LOL. Carry on -

An interesting aside about young people and mental illness. I sometimes talk to my psychiatrist friend about my sister who has any number of mental illnesses. He was telling me that most people with bipolar disorder, or even other behavior disorders start to show signs in their tweens or early teenage years...and the real serious stuff develops between 16 and the twenties. SO many emotions and things are associated with simply being a teenager, that the early signs often goes untreated or just not considered in the onset, until the person comes to a very serious point in their illness. Another thing that can make it difficult, is that teenagers often experience mania and depression at the same time, in the first episodes. When the "moods" occur together, you don't see the extreme shifts between.

So, age is definitely a factor. He likely exhibited signs, but was getting to the point where he could not pass them off as normal. I think most teenagers can hide the real raw things from the public, or some things can just appear as being a hormonal teenager. I really doubt that anything he exhibited seemed serious, as in hurting others or even himself. I'm sure his family is looking back and wondering what signs there were, but not seeing any warning signs for something like this.

There are of course cases where there were really telling and creepy signs as a youth, but I just don't think this will be one of them.

I'm not sure how to best say this so I will just go for it. The position taken in this post seems to be contrary to what is the norm on WS. It is rather jarring to read that you just "wanted the lightest sentence possible", especially on a thread like this. We have always campaigned for the victims here and I'm surprised to see any poster, most less a mod, taking such a different stance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's good that you raise your concern. This was part of a chain of responses where I was answering "with my regular poster hat on" with my experience as a parent with legal issues and mental health issues.

To clarify, my son was attempting suicide when I called the police. In his frustration, he threw the knife and it landed at my feet. That brought him a charge of aggravated assault, even though it didn't touch me and he was 15 feet away from me. Because a dangerous weapon was involved, he was charged with a strong felony with a domestic violence attachment. There was a maximum sentence for that charge of 25 years in prison, the presumptive sentence was 7 years. He pleaded (at the advice of the attorney I hired) to a class 6 non-violent felony with two years probation. The domestic violence charge was removed. He now has a felony on his record and has no work experience at all because he was only just 18 when this happened. Finding a job, even with mental health case workers involved, is nearly impossible with an active felony on his record.

We don't know anything about GG really. We have had many posts by other posters that he may have had some sort of break or medication reaction. We simply do not know. We don't know that he may not be a victim in some sense as well. Regardless of our opinions of whether that should affect his sentencing, his parents probably have their own opinion and ultimately, it will be up to the judge if any of that matters in his sentencing, etc.

With the context of the OP's post and wondering if the parents could have any impact in a plea deal or with the defense attorney, it is a given to me that any parent is going to want whatever happens to their child as a consequence to want the easiest path possible.

I do try to note that I'm posting with my "regular poster hat on" but feel that it's distracting to paste that into every single response when there is a chain. I am sorry that you felt it was inappropriate.

Agreed that we don't need anything clarified with regards to little Jenise. I just wonder if this mom who spoke about the previous incident felt extreme unease at him, her 6th sense/instinct took over and she knew he was trouble OR if he actually did or said something that set her off . I mean I guess it doesn't matter. Just curious. I also think there are folks who come out of the woodwork after and say ' i knew it all along' , even though they'd never knew any such thing but are just looking for a bit of face time and a little ' i told u so ' mentality. It's just curious that's not the case here. So no one knows anything or everyone's afraid maybe? Or , good point, they may be quiet and giving statements and not sharing. Had not thought of that. ty !

As a regular poster here again, I had something odd happen with my son years ago. He got along very well with four little girl cousins that came over quite often. The oldest was about 10, the youngest, about 3. He was 15. Little kids always seem to like him, he's shy and really good with kids. Another family member mentioned he might be a good babysitter to the girls' mom and she was horrified and felt it was inappropriate for a teen boy to watch her girls. I have to wonder if the mom in our family might have had her own issues because it seemed like such a random thing to say after being around the combined family so often with no concerns aired ever. When I first read about the mom in this case, I wondered if she was similar; maybe she had her own issues to work through and it was a trigger of some kind that a teenage boy was nice to her daughters. It may have been very innocent in that case.

Here is what I've noticed and anyone who can correct me if I'm wrong, please do so. We have not had witnesses come forward who were his friends, classmates, teachers, neighbors, coaches, tutors, etc. that have said things to bolster some kind of mental illness situation, right? Often times if someone is truly disturbed we will hear those kind of stories of '' i always knew he was weird, he killed my puppy, he threatened me last year, he bullied us, he said the strangest things, he stared into space, he bla bla bla bla bla ''. Right? But for the one mother who says she told him to stay away from her kid but gave no real reason why, we have heard zero sort of character witnesses. So psychologists unite and tell me does that mean he's pretty normal mentally sound guy OR does that means he's the worst kind that appears outwardly normal at all times, thus wolf in sheep's clothing type ?

The thing I noticed, and the FB's are gone, but the sibs and father commented on how he never smiled.

As a regular poster here again, I had something odd happen with my son years ago. He got along very well with four little girl cousins that came over quite often. The oldest was about 10, the youngest, about 3. He was 15. Little kids always seem to like him, he's shy and really good with kids. Another family member mentioned he might be a good babysitter to the girls' mom and she was horrified and felt it was inappropriate for a teen boy to watch her girls. I have to wonder if the mom in our family might have had her own issues because it seemed like such a random thing to say after being around the combined family so often with no concerns aired ever. When I first read about the mom in this case, I wondered if she was similar; maybe she had her own issues to work through and it was a trigger of some kind that a teenage boy was nice to her daughters. It may have been very innocent in that case.

BBM That is kind of exactly the type of thing I was wondering. My own mom was hyper vigilant any time a male of any age was anywhere within our vicinity. Some may call that protective, but she was 'not well' about it , if you KWIM. So I can very easily see someone like my mom ' threatening' every boy in the neighborhood with ' i better never see you talking to my girls or else' type of language to boys who had done nothing wrong. Turns out in the case of GG , we know he was a predator but the incident mom is claiming may or may not have anything to do with anything he had ever done or said that concerned her. tks for sharing CF!

I could be way off base here but I'm taking the mother's statement at face value. Though she wasn't quoted the two news tweets I saw both said she warned GG to stay away from her daughter. It's pretty clear (IMO) that either her daughter told her something or she saw/heard something herself.

I think (again IMO) if she had a personal issue it would have included all the older boys in the MHP but instead she singled out GG to tell him to stay away from her daughter. That she confronted GG tells me that something specific occurred - important enough that she remembered it two years later.

My burning question for the mom is: Did she share her concerns with anyone else in the MHP?

I Though she wasn't quoted the two news tweets I saw both said she warned GG to stay away from her daughter. It's pretty clear (IMO) that either her daughter told her something or she saw/heard something herself.

She was actually quoted and her comment was made during an interview that aired on Q13 Fox news. The page & video has since been taken down, however there is a reference to it right here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ks-and-Timeline-only*&p=10852265#post10852265

She was actually quoted and her comment was made during an interview that aired on Q13 Fox news. The page & video has since been taken down, however there is a reference to it right here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ks-and-Timeline-only*&p=10852265#post10852265

Wow. I hadn't realized the mom who spoke up was who she was....if that makes any sense.

I find it interesting that even when one or two people DO come forward to the MSM and note they felt something was 'off' with the perp, some people are quick to dismiss it as a valid example that something may have been noticeably amiss to the few people who were really paying attention...and had the courage to speak to a reporter about it.

Kind of reminds me of, (again!) the Teleka Patrick case. Often, when decent people did come forward and mention possible mental illness (her ex husband) and stalking behavior (Marvin Sapp) both parties who came forward were dismissed by posters as trying to get their 5 minutes of fame, typical crazymaking @sshole ex-husband, a secret lover/slimeball who set his thugs on Teleka to shut her up ....no wonder more people don't come forward to the MSM!

Sometimes a mom on her own has to wear the ''daddy'' attitude with boys if there is no man in the house too. If there is a dad in the picture then boys may be a little ''less forward'' or wary about approaching girls. When there is no dad in the picture sometimes boys feel they can use their ''charm'' to get their way or access.

Mom's on their own are sometimes very focused on their daughter's safety meaning they are always working on a safety plan.

Just had to throw this into the ring on why the mom may have reacted the way she did ((or she may have been warned by others KWIM on the quiet)). MOO

I think it's good that you raise your concern. This was part of a chain of responses where I was answering "with my regular poster hat on" with my experience as a parent with legal issues and mental health issues.

To clarify, my son was attempting suicide when I called the police. In his frustration, he threw the knife and it landed at my feet. That brought him a charge of aggravated assault, even though it didn't touch me and he was 15 feet away from me. Because a dangerous weapon was involved, he was charged with a strong felony with a domestic violence attachment. There was a maximum sentence for that charge of 25 years in prison, the presumptive sentence was 7 years. He pleaded (at the advice of the attorney I hired) to a class 6 non-violent felony with two years probation. The domestic violence charge was removed. He now has a felony on his record and has no work experience at all because he was only just 18 when this happened. Finding a job, even with mental health case workers involved, is nearly impossible with an active felony on his record.

We don't know anything about GG really. We have had many posts by other posters that he may have had some sort of break or medication reaction. We simply do not know. We don't know that he may not be a victim in some sense as well. Regardless of our opinions of whether that should affect his sentencing, his parents probably have their own opinion and ultimately, it will be up to the judge if any of that matters in his sentencing, etc.

With the context of the OP's post and wondering if the parents could have any impact in a plea deal or with the defense attorney, it is a given to me that any parent is going to want whatever happens to their child as a consequence to want the easiest path possible.

I do try to note that I'm posting with my "regular poster hat on" but feel that it's distracting to paste that into every single response when there is a chain. I am sorry that you felt it was inappropriate.

Thank you for taking the time to reply politely instead of just taking offense and banishing me to the timeout corner. It can be extremely difficult to broach this sort of discussion when the other poster is in a position of power. I've often noticed you posting that you're "taking off your mod hat" to share personal experiences and I commend you for doing so because you have so much valuable insight to offer given your circumstances but, speaking for myself, it can be difficult to respond in any way other than complete agreement because the "mod hat" is figurative whereas the title and other indicators of your position are literal and always present. I really appreciate your efforts to set those differences aside and address posts as diplomatically as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy Cow, that was :O's mom ? How did I not catch that ? So at the time she made that statement to gg , he was 15 and she had 11 and 12 yr old girls. And when her child said they all hung out together , I wonder if gg was one of ' them' despite her mom's admonishments ?
This is why I was wondering more specifically what she said. All I have seen ever on every post regarding that incident is the ' mom who told gg to stay away from her girls''.. I never saw or read why she said that or if she elaborated more. I'm absolutely not trying to dismiss her statement just wish I knew more of what she said IF there is any more or did the reporter only write that part in ''told gg to stay away ''? The link is now disabled with the video ( kinda weird since its not that long ago but some sites do that quicker than others )

Thanks for that! The link in the post is dead but I managed to get to it anyway. I deleted everything after /2014/08/11/ and clicked, which brought up a bunch of video from that day and then chose the one referring to Jenise.

@0:48:

WP: I really wasn't that surprised.

Off Camera Voice (presumably still WP): Just from the feeling I got when I first met him.

@1:06:

WP: I had a run-in with him a couple summers ago...

Reporter: WP lives between the Wrights and the Gaetas. She says she confronted Gabriel two summers ago, claiming he was getting too close to her young daughter and her friends.

WP: He was probably about 15, he'd hang out with the girls and they were young then, probably, I think they were 11, 12 maybe, at the time.

Nothing personal to this reporter but I really wish msm reporters would pay better attention to how they edit sound bites. But it does seem like WP had a specific issue with GG and not some generalized concern.

Here's the link that worked for me but who knows for how long:

http://q13fox.com/2014/08/11/deputies-17-year-old-raped-murdered-girl-buried-her-in-3-feet-of-mud/

poor neighbor ''caught in the middle'' probably got a sense of things long before this case 'occurred' (MOO) -- unenviable position

Why does there have to be some underlying issue with the girls mother? I don't understand that at all. Maybe she considered GG to be too old to hang around her daughter! Maybe her daughter had a crush on him...or, maybe her daughter just didn't feel comfortable around him. Appears her instincts were correct. Personal issues or not.

Wow. I hadn't realized the mom who spoke up was who she was....if that makes any sense.

It makes perfect sense. I knew who she was immediately only because of all the teens talking SO much and having so many of their FB pages public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4