Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any stats in front of me to say that X percentage of rapists/murderers come from perfectly stable, loving homes but from everything I've read, been told, and heard about the Gaeta family, there was no abuse. Or at the very least, no abuse anyone is willing to admit to.

If it goes to trial, there may be mitigators that will be brought out. But these days and the trials that I've followed lately, some of the mitigators have been lies - so now I don't know what to believe during trials iykwim

:seeya: Shady. Shoot me a message when this comes up to trial if I forget. I'll head down to chat now at #websleuths if you wanna catch up

ETA: When did we get ads within the threads :gaah:

If it goes to trial, there may be mitigators that will be brought out. But these days and the trials that I've followed lately, some of the mitigators have been lies - so now I don't know what to believe during trials iykwim

:seeya: Shady. Shoot me a message when this comes up to trial if I forget. I'll head down to chat now at #websleuths if you wanna catch up

ETA: When did we get ads within the threads :gaah:

If this helps Tricia we will get use to ads...pretty soon we wont notice them. :p

So far no news on GG trial which seems odd. By now there should be some news.

Crickets in msm. AFAIK the April 3 pre-trial hearing is still on and the trial date is June 1.

nothing in MSM at this point (King 5 & Bremerton paper)

Checking in... see that nothing is in MSM. Shady, sorry on the loss of your furbaby Tobi :grouphug:

thank you so much ontario mom for letting us know and what a wonderful and loving tribute to this innocent child that was taken so senselessly!

:rose: jenise

may justice be here soon sweetie :heartbeat:

Bumping for Jenise. Precious sweetie with your beautiful smile. Hoping for justice.

I don't have any stats in front of me to say that X percentage of rapists/murderers come from perfectly stable, loving homes but from everything I've read, been told, and heard about the Gaeta family, there was no abuse. Or at the very least, no abuse anyone is willing to admit to.

I do not believe for one second that GG was not abused. It may not have happened in his family and he may have never told anyone and he still may never tell anyone but I don't think many people turn out that way without a real catalyst of some kind. I would say ZERO but I know science will not back me up on that but even the very few % who may come from happy families and are never abused, I would feel were withholding information. I don't think male victims of abuse are as willing to talk about it as female victims. ( not 100% just in general ) So I would bet someone, a neighbor, cousin, coach, teacher, pastor, friend of a friend, did indeed abuse him. Does not excuse him for one second but I think it explains it. Maybe I'm just unwilling to accept 'monsters are born' . I prefer to think we are all born with an equal chance emotionally/mentally/spiritually and that if left alone to be children, we don't turn out that way. My two cents......... It's moo and it's true ;)

I do not believe for one second that GG was not abused. It may not have happened in his family and he may have never told anyone and he still may never tell anyone but I don't think many people turn out that way without a real catalyst of some kind. I would say ZERO but I know science will not back me up on that but even the very few % who may come from happy families and are never abused, I would feel were withholding information. I don't think male victims of abuse are as willing to talk about it as female victims. ( not 100% just in general ) So I would bet someone, a neighbor, cousin, coach, teacher, pastor, friend of a friend, did indeed abuse him. Does not excuse him for one second but I think it explains it. Maybe I'm just unwilling to accept 'monsters are born' . I prefer to think we are all born with an equal chance emotionally/mentally/spiritually and that if left alone to be children, we don't turn out that way. My two cents......... It's moo and it's true ;)

I happen to agree with you SCHMAE! Well said~ Frigga

I am hoping to follow this trial. I kept up with it when it happened Such a sad story. I have hard time with the fact the parents left Jenice roam around alone. Gabriell (sp) gave up his entire life when he did this. I hope for justice.

I, too am one of those standing up for Jenise now. It's sad that she didn't have more support while alive.

Oh there was definitely some kind of catalyst but I don't know if stats say it has to be abuse at the hands of another. I can think of numerous possibilities which include street drugs, ongoing exposure to violent *advertiser censored*, or possible mental illness that was never properly diagnosed or treated with medication. None of which excuse him for what he did to that precious child. It is however entirely possible he was abused in some way that has never been disclosed (and may never will be) and harbored a rage that he took out on Jenise. Again, still no excuse.

Hi, WS Peeps -- I'm still hanging around for the trial as well. No idea (does anyone?) whether it will be via live-streamed (WAT? or something else?) or not. I surely would be interested to see what the defense team presents as mitigators, etc., to convince jurors that GG is somehow NG... Are there lesser charges (2nd degree) included on the charge? Grrrrrr. That sweet little angel who kind of had to look after herself at times -- but she was (until that day) among a large "family" who knew who she was and whose she was... Oh, another angel got her wings, way too soon that night.

On the subject of abuse, etc. -- Certainly there could have been some abuse that occurred with punishment at home (just musing, IMO) or from someone outside it, but I also subscribe to what I call "macho rah-rah." I'm thinking that GG's family was a male-preferenced and male-dominated family. Tuff stuff, muscles, pumping up, testosterone is king, power, the-men-rule kind of thing. Women were there to support The Men. Certainly GG was exposed to it with sports where the football and wrestling teams were all male, as is customary. JMHO.

We'll see.

Can we follow the trial on this thread? Sometimes they make new threads for trials and I , personally, don't like the discussion getting fragmented. I know there will be a lot of it I won't want to hear but I want to see this GG get his punishment.

Can we follow the trial on this thread? Sometimes they make new threads for trials and I , personally, don't like the discussion getting fragmented. I know there will be a lot of it I won't want to hear but I want to see this GG get his punishment.

I'm presuming we will follow the trial on this thread. I'll be here, or wherever. #JusticeForJenise

GG is supposed to be in court today. I really hope we get some news, but the silence from MSM in the last few months makes me unsure.

Jenise captured my heart last August. In fact, I started lurking this forum when everyone was looking for her and I continued to follow the threads as the terrible truth unfolded. She is on my mind nearly every day.

Even if we don't get any news today, I can't wait for June 1. This little girl needs justice, and with the charges and evidence against her attacker, I know it will be served.

edit: made sure, GG is on the docket for today. Still no word from SM or MSM yet, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288