Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if GG's family has moved from the MHP? I saw a facebook reference from a neighbor but wasn't sure what it meant.

There was some mention that a moving truck was seen at their house shortly after the hearing but nothing has appeared in MSM that they have in fact moved as far as I know. I'd like to know too.

Yeah me either. All articles have referred to them as being LDS, and her memorial was held at their local LDS stake, so how the funeral ended up being a Catholic mass is a puzzle to me. I wondered if perhaps
Jenise's relatives up in the northern part of the state are Catholic.

Denise is half Filipino. It is pretty safe to assume Denise's Filipino relatives are Roman Catholic. All of mine are. :)

The articles referred to JW being LDS, and that he brought the kids to the church with him sometimes. Not that Denise was LDS, IIRC.

Perhaps they are sending their other children things that they need where they are staying?

There was some mention that a moving truck was seen at their house shortly after the hearing but nothing has appeared in MSM that they have in fact moved as far as I know. I'd like to know too.

Perhaps they are sending their other children things that they need where they are staying?

The moving van was reportedly at GG's home not the Wright home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't blame them. I couldn't continue living there, even without the death threats and vandalism.

Waiting to hear the results of GG's competency evaluation. His next status hearing is Friday, September 12. If he's found competent to stand trial he'll probably be arraigned at that same hearing.

And still no word on that car fire. :( LE must have some idea of the person or persons responsible yet not a peep from them.

absolute silence online about vandalism event

I'm not sure how to best say this so I will just go for it. The position taken in this post seems to be contrary to what is the norm on WS. It is rather jarring to read that you just "wanted the lightest sentence possible", especially on a thread like this. We have always campaigned for the victims here and I'm surprised to see any poster, most less a mod, taking such a different stance.

Would you want the HARSHEST possible sentence for YOUR child? We also do not know what sort of crime this woman's son committed. If it was non-violent (selling/possessing drugs, shoplifting an item over a particular value, etc.) I can understand it, especially if she felt her son's mental health issues were a major contributor. When my daughter, at 18, quit her meds (for bipolar) and was arrested for shoplifting (tampons and tylenol) I wanted her back on her meds, in counseling, and on supervised probation. I did NOT want her locked up for 18 months (they could have done that). I can't imagine MOST mothers feeling differently. Would you want your child to go to jail for 18 months because she realized she had left her wallet at home and was menstruating into her pants?

. I can't imagine MOST mothers feeling differently. Would you want your child to go to jail for 18 months because she realized she had left her wallet at home and was menstruating into her pants?

18 months of prison would be harsh in this case, but I would not object to 18 months of community service. Stealing is wrong, and can't be justified. There are other options ... talk to the store manager about credit, borrow some money, use a cloth or wad of toilet paper, ask another woman for a tampon ...

I'm sure we've all been caught short in the same way.

I'm not sure how to best say this so I will just go for it. The position taken in this post seems to be contrary to what is the norm on WS. It is rather jarring to read that you just "wanted the lightest sentence possible", especially on a thread like this. We have always campaigned for the victims here and I'm surprised to see any poster, most less a mod, taking such a different stance.

:gasp: This post was in response to a mod who shared with us her viewpoint to enlighten us as to the mothers viewpoint. :hug: catfancier - so many of us have family that we are pulled to support and want to help as we can. Thank you for sharing.

I'm sure that MANY of us have stories which may never hit the threads of what WE have done when young, did not get caught, and grew up to be responsible adults. Heck, I'm just glad I made it to where I am now as I did some badddddddd stuff in the past in my teens. (and no, not sharing lol) Just as I'm sure MANY of us have stories which do hit threads of how we supported and believed in another. I've never been a mother...so I can only think that I would have been like my mother was.

I will say that MY mother also supported me, but held me to consequences - and then fight tooth and nail to get me back on track. She was perhaps like catfancier. STRONG mother btw. Supported, loved me...no.matter.what

Thanks for sharing catfancier. :grouphug:

Quote Originally Posted by CatFancier View Post
I think if I would have talked to the attorney in that way, he'd have probably said, "Mom, we're talking about your son's life, is where you live and some bullying more important than that?"

I can just say that I paid the lawyer my money and he was pretty clear that my opinion or feelings weren't his concern. He was an experienced prosecutor prior (which seems to be fairly common) and told me what we were going to do, no effort at all to see what I wanted, other than knowing I wanted the lightest sentence possible. Despite the mental health issue, etc., he did get a felony plea deal with probation (it was his first offense). The attorney laid out the potential options and I guess I had a choice on what I wanted to pay for/possible outcomes. The other option was to fight it for about 4x more money and run the chance of a 25 year sentence. I didn't even consider it at all, it was too risky.

And mine never got any meds in jail (6 days) despite me making as much noise as I could (you can't get a human on the phone even after holding for literally hours) and the lawyer stepping in. And he had obvious pre-existing issues with an official title (in Maricopa county, adults can be certified as severely mentally ill or SMI and he had that title in order to get more intensive care) and didn't get a single pill in jail.

Course, if GG was in Arizona, he'd never see the light of day, no matter what the lawyer tried. While blue Washington is fairly permissive, red Arizona is a whole 'nother ballgame.

Would you want the HARSHEST possible sentence for YOUR child? We also do not know what sort of crime this woman's son committed. If it was non-violent (selling/possessing drugs, shoplifting an item over a particular value, etc.) I can understand it, especially if she felt her son's mental health issues were a major contributor. When my daughter, at 18, quit her meds (for bipolar) and was arrested for shoplifting (tampons and tylenol) I wanted her back on her meds, in counseling, and on supervised probation. I did NOT want her locked up for 18 months (they could have done that). I can't imagine MOST mothers feeling differently. Would you want your child to go to jail for 18 months because she realized she had left her wallet at home and was menstruating into her pants?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The countdown begins. Tomorrow is GG's status hearing/arraignment. I wonder if it will be live-streamed? Hopefully some of the reporters will be tweeting.

Any word about when the other children will be returned to their parents?
I still have a hard TIME FOLLOWING THIS CASE. sorry for caps.
I guess like you all I will never understand how such a crime is committed.
RIP Jenise.

Let's try to get back on track. I appreciate the support but I also appreciate those who don't agree. I wanted to share my experience as a mom with an adult child with both mental health and legal issues. I do understand some just see the mod hat and can't personalize it. That's okay. But, I was a poster way before I was a mod so it's hard to turn off the poster part ;)

Two more days until we hear what happens with GG. After the surprising guilty plea (to me anyway) by Tyler Holder in Alanna Gallagher's case, I'm really hoping for something similar here. I really don't want her parents or siblings to have every detail out there forever on the intrawebs. It's so sad no matter how you look at it but the details can't possibly make it any better UNLESS they can't get him any other way.

I'm pretty sure the next hearing for the kids/parents isn't until October so nothing new on that for a long while.

The case may end up on Wiki, but over time, much of it will disappear on the net.

I am sure we have all tried to search some things from a few years ago that were on the net, but now they are gone.

There is just too much info out there

The hearing is still set for today right? I'm keeping an eye on twitter for any news

ETA: :facepalm: It's TOMORROW, sorry got my dates wrong, no wonder I couldn't find anything on twitter. I'll blame the difference in timezone ;)

Any word about when the other children will be returned to their parents?
I still have a hard TIME FOLLOWING THIS CASE. sorry for caps.
I guess like you all I will never understand how such a crime is committed.
RIP Jenise.

While GG is totally responsible for the death of Jenise, I'm pleased that the other children are not with the parents. As the mother of a 9 year old there are no circumstances where I would be ok with not seeing my child for 23 hours. I can't understand why they didn't go searching for this poor little girl earlier. Some parents really don't get parental responsibility.

While GG is totally responsible for the death of Jenise, I'm pleased that the other children are not with the parents. As the mother of a 9 year old there are no circumstances where I would be ok with not seeing my child for 23 hours. I can't understand why they didn't go searching for this poor little girl earlier. Some parents really don't get parental responsibility.

In Florida they are attempting to terminate Cherish Periwinkle's mother's rights. I hope we will see the same here. The parents in both cases deserve to charged for their roles in their daughters' murders but TPR is a great starting place.

In Florida they are attempting to terminate Cherish Periwinkle's mother's rights. I hope we will see the same here. The parents in both cases deserve to charged for their roles in their daughters' murders but TPR is a great starting place.

There are too many cases where children are not being looked after properly and not being protected by the people who should be the primary source of their protection. As for Rayne Perrywinkle, there is not enough words to describe how I feel about that woman.

This world can be a really dangerous place. We have no clue who is living next to us, driving around our communities or trying to groom our children. Abusers and murderers are completely responsible for hurting and killing the children that they do, but parents shouldn't make it easier for these monsters to get hold of victims because of negligence or sheer laziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong