Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the local press doesn't care to report it any more OR I somehow feel there is a little hush hush going on .... I hope I'm wrong.
Your day is coming, GG ! You can hide under coats and have your lawyer pull some strings but this case is not going away.

I wonder if the local press doesn't care to report it any more OR I somehow feel there is a little hush hush going on .... I hope I'm wrong.

I think they're waiting for GG's trial starting on June 1. It seems like there may not be much to report about his court visits right now.

I couldn't find anything on Twitter -- but I don't know how to drive it very well...

Well, skibaboo, :seeya: it's you and I on the tweet scene, I guess -- although anyone else is welcome, for sure!. Here's hoping we'll have something to report when things start rolling. I think there will be coverage from the courtroom.
Maybe someone local to the area has a MSM favorite tweet reporter for us to follow. :discuss: That would be good.

Well, skibaboo, :seeya: it's you and I on the tweet scene, I guess -- although anyone else is welcome, for sure!. Here's hoping we'll have something to report when things start rolling. I think there will be coverage from the courtroom.
Maybe someone local to the area has a MSM favorite tweet reporter for us to follow. :discuss: That would be good.

WTH??

http://www.kitsapgov.com/sheriff/incustody/jailwebsecond.asp?charges=700099903

It's showing the next court date as July 17!! I've been checking for two days - nothing at all in msm. What's going on with the media? Grr.

I'm on twitter as well, but it looks as though we're too late to do anything until Mid-July!
:thud:

Count me in to help contact the area reporters when the time comes. Do we have a running list of @twitterhandles?

:grouphug:

#JusticeForJenise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayam -- How did we miss a court date being changed?? Dammit. And it's listed as being "Superior Court," which is the venue for a murder trial, etc. Dayam. So now the selected jurors just sit around in the middle of the world going around them and they have to essentially wear ear plugs, cover their eyes and sit in a corner of a vacant room in their respective houses. WT:censored:? A witness have major surgery? More psych tests for the defendant? :furious:

Well, just fooey.:tantrum:

I'm starting to think that the details of this case are just so f'n awful, so completely unsettling and horrific, that the media and authorities are just conspiring at this point to just sweep it under the rug, quietly put this young man away forever and forget about the whole thing.

Charlie, I think you're correct in that the media is saving the family from further trauma by revealing the details of the crime to the public. In any event, unless the case is sealed, the details will eventually come out. Someone will undoubtedly ask for the case files under the freedom of information act. IMO

I'm starting to think that the details of this case are just so f'n awful, so completely unsettling and horrific, that the media and authorities are just conspiring at this point to just sweep it under the rug, quietly put this young man away forever and forget about the whole thing.

I agree that it may be part of the reason that this isn't getting coverage anymore. Not that it's necessarily the right thing to do, IMO.

WTH??

http://www.kitsapgov.com/sheriff/incustody/jailwebsecond.asp?charges=700099903

It's showing the next court date as July 17!! I've been checking for two days - nothing at all in msm. What's going on with the media? Grr.

What in the world happened to the June 1 date? Is there still an issue with getting GG's evaluation? I thought that was already done, considering they did the competency hearing. Did he even go to court the other day?

Grr, is right. I wish I knew what was going on. I realize these things take months upon years but the lack of coverage here in WA makes me sad.

So basically high profile case = the media wants to reveal details to the public/family, low-profile case = media wants to protect the family? I am not surprised that court hearings are not getting as much coverage as a missing child. You can still report on a case without covering every single sensational, horrific detail. For example, saying someone was "assaulted" or "molested" instead of going into graphic detail of rape. I read a pretty graphic article about Martin Richard's last moments...why didn't the media care about protecting his family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam