Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #11 *Arrest*

faad27997318398cb1aa6979338376d3.jpg

Here is a good eye roll. I use this a lot. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jenise rest in peace sweet child. I was so hoping this would go to trial. it has been 3 years!

This guy not only raped and brutally murdered a child, but he was competent enough to then hide the body and act like he didn't know anything about it. he was also competent enough to know he should not be giving up his DNA. He was also competent enough to participate actively in both academics and sports in school. Enough of the coddling. He knows just what he did. It's time to pay the piper! Put your act away. No one here is buying it.

they probably have, he is probably cheeking them or refusing them.

If he decides to refuse them, hopefully the judge will side with the prosecution and impose an order forcing him to do so. If it's not already in place.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news/local/2017/02/22/two-murder-trials-face-delays-again/98283792/

One of Gaeta’s attorneys, Jeniece LaCross, told Forbes that if Gaeta does not take the medications voluntarily, the attorneys would object to an order forcing him to do so.

Senior Deputy Prosecutor Chad Enright said no further hearing on the matter might be necessary if Gaeta cooperates.

“But if he doesn’t want to take the medications, we will litigate this and have hearings,” he said.

This guy not only raped and brutally murdered a child, but he was competent enough to then hide the body and act like he didn't know anything about it. he was also competent enough to know he should not be giving up his DNA. He was also competent enough to participate actively in both academics and sports in school. Enough of the coddling. He knows just what he did. It's time to pay the piper! Put your act away. No one here is buying it.

I agree 100% that Gaeta was fully aware of what he did to Jenise. IMO he's nothing more than an opportunistic predator with zero thought or regard for his victim. What's really frustrating is that it appears he's not competent now and if he refuses to take his meds he may actually prevail in court. I don't know about prior cases where perps refused meds in order to avoid trial - hopefully he can be ordered by the court to get with the program.

At least he won't be going free anytime soon.

I agree 100% that Gaeta was fully aware of what he did to Jenise. IMO he's nothing more than an opportunistic predator with zero thought or regard for his victim. What's really frustrating is that it appears he's not competent now and if he refuses to take his meds he may actually prevail in court. I don't know about prior cases where perps refused meds in order to avoid trial - hopefully he can be ordered by the court to get with the program.

At least he won't be going free anytime soon.

I'm thinking of the guy who kidnapped Elizabeth Smart. He wouldn't take his meds either. They did have a trial and he was found guilty. What exactly transpired there? It might be an indicator of how this will shake out.

Not competent? He lied to everyone and posted on fb about the case! He showed up to the vigil and drove by with his mom in the car while reporters asked questions. Liar liar pants on fire. JMO

Not competent? He lied to everyone and posted on fb about the case! He showed up to the vigil and drove by with his mom in the car while reporters asked questions. Liar liar pants on fire. JMO

Remind me what he posted on fb?

Remind me what he posted on fb?

The one I remember is that he posted that "The FBI is at my house." Jenise's brother responded "I know, my baby sister is gone." Gaeta then said "I heard man, I'm sorry." You can Google GG and FB and a screenshot should come up.

I think it's pretty clear that he knew what he was doing when he raped and murdered Jenise. I think y'all are right in that whether or not he agrees to take meds will not keep him from eventually facing a jury and going to prison for a very long time. IMO he is and will always be a danger to society.

This is ridiculous. We are going on year 3 without a trial all because of stalling from GG and his defense. The family has stated that they will agree to just about anything to not go to trial and to move forward with their lives in peace. Why keep hurting them with these delays? Argh.

:gaah::jail: You aren't leaving from behind those bars, so stop all these delays! THREE FRICGGING YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough is enough!!!!!

This is an older article, but it does give a tentative date for the trial, and another complication.

Murder trial pushed back until October
Andrew Binion, Kitsap Sun 5:51 a.m. PT Feb. 25, 2016

PORT ORCHARD — The trial of Gabriel Gaeta, charged in the 2014 rape and death of 6-year-old Jenise Wright, has been pushed back until October, and attorneys on both sides of the case say a legal question arising from an out-of-state appeals court might have to be resolved before he can stand trial.

Gaeta's trial, scheduled for March 28, was postponed until Oct. 10.

That was due partly to a medical procedure needed by one of his attorneys and also to allow time to settle the legal question raised by a Michigan appeals court. That court found in August that a jury, rather than a judge, must be the entity that sentences a juvenile to life in prison.

If Gaeta were convicted and sentenced and the Michigan case is later found to have national impact, the conviction could be overturned and the case returned to Kitsap Superior Court for a second trial.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news...ress-before-and-after-jenises-death/99033252/

Gaeta showed signs of mental distress before and after Jenise's death

Gabriel Gaeta, charged as an adult at age 17 for the rape and murder of his 6-year-old neighbor, Jenise Wright, showed signs of severe depression before his arrest in August 2014, and his mother reported he has deteriorated physically and mentally after more than 2 1/2 years of being incarcerated while awaiting trial.

Of course GG was / is "depressed", he raped and murdered a 6 year old. He knows it. Is aware of it. Knows where he is, and why. WTF is wrong with those people? Should GG be collected, relaxed, plan for a future, act normally? He doesn't want to be in jail. He doesn't want any of what is happening to him.

Of course, with our justice system even 'suspects' (he's not yet been found guilty) have rights, and in some cases it seems they enjoy rights beyond which is reasonable. Where is 'common sense'?

What we've witnessed with this case so far is a jurisprudence gone awry. Their over-thinking of the process has not only clouded the path to justice, it has detoured it in to a bizarre, farcical mixture of serpentine law and coddling psychology. "Oh, the poor boy, the poor boy."

IMO, those involved are incompetent Fs, capital F. Each and every one.

Where is justice.

From May 23, 2017: Judge rules Gaeta can be forcibly medicated

A Kitsap County Superior Court judge gave doctors at Western State Hospital the go-ahead Tuesday to forcibly medicate an East Bremerton man who had been found mentally incompetent to stand trial for the rape and murder of 6-year-old Jenise Wright.

Gabriel Gaeta, 20, charged as an adult at age 17 for the 2014 death of Jenise, had been found legally unable to stand trial in February. Reports say he had fashioned a noose while in the Kitsap County Jail and was non-responsive with his attorneys.
Dr. Margaret Dean, a psychiatrist at the hospital’s Center for Forensic Services, said Gaeta had been lying on his bed, facing a wall with a pillow covering his head when staff checked on him. She said Gaeta lashed out when he was touched. Gaeta allegedly bit two staff members before being injected with sedatives and restrained.

More at the link, worth reading. Take your blood pressure meds first though. :mad:

http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news...rules-gaeta-can-forcibly-medicated/102080342/

So hard to believe this is coming up to 3 years with no real progress.
Justice for Jenise ❤️

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd