WA WA - Jeremiah Foco, 34, Seattle, 21 July 2015

The ping is registered to the device itself. There is a unique identifier tied to that device. That's what they would be tracing. To remote into his laptop it would already have to be waiting on a secure network. If so they would have multiple pings. I think there's a lot more that we don't know.

Thanks for that explanation! So the most likely scenario with what little information we have is that the laptop itself was somehow in Beaverton, with or without Jeremiah?

The ping is registered to the device itself. There is a unique identifier tied to that device. That's what they would be tracing. To remote into his laptop it would already have to be waiting on a secure network. If so they would have multiple pings. I think there's a lot more that we don't know.

Things aren’t adding up, I’m assuming, like most cases, the public is not being given the full story due to the ongoing investigation.

Yes, I could see that as a possibility.jmo, But, doesn't sound like he was unhappy/resentful about his employer ? Maybe someone took the data from him... just to recap : How did family/friends/LE know about the " crashed laptop" story ? Did oracle tell the family that ? tia to anyone who knows.

I know. I feel bad even suggesting it. But obviously something has happened that is out of character and unexplainable.

So here is the sequence of events :
Monday - July 20th : he went to work as usual and his Orca card was last used on his,way back home.
Tuesday - July 21st: he worked from home. Went offline around 1:30ish and reported that his laptop has crashed which is a pretty common occurence. He communicated with the IT guy and he told him that he will be bringing his laptop the next day to get it repaired. IT guy said that he would be at work early around 7:30 and J told him he will also be there around the same time in the morning so that he can get the laptop checked. J usually goes to work around 8:30 but he was planning to go early the next day. Atleast that's what he told the IT guy and his manager.I think this communication happened around 3:30ish.
Wednesday July 21st : he doesn't turn up for work and all calls to his phone is directly going to voicemail.
Thursday July 22nd : last cellphone signal in DT seattle

So here is the sequence of events :
Monday - July 20th : he went to work as usual and his Orca card was last used on his,way back home.
Tuesday - July 21st: he worked from home. Went offline around 1:30ish and reported that his laptop has crashed which is a pretty common occurence. He communicated with the IT guy and he told him that he will be bringing his laptop the next day to get it repaired. IT guy said that he would be at work early around 7:30 and J told him he will also be there around the same time in the morning so that he can get the laptop checked. J usually goes to work around 8:30 but he was planning to go early the next day. Atleast that's what he told the IT guy and his manager.I think this communication happened around 3:30ish.
Wednesday July 21st : he doesn't turn up for work and all calls to his phone is directly going to voicemail.
Thursday July 22nd : last cellphone signal in DT seattle

And his laptop was last accessed on Tues the 20th in Beaverton, OR. Is that accurate?

We know he came back to Seattle because of the cell phone ping downtown, so it would seem that he was not on a one-way trip out of Seattle. IMO, it is really unusual for someone to drive that far distance or take a train to Beaverton. I've lived in Seattle since 2001 (minus a 2.5 year hiatus) and I've never, not even once heard someone say they went to Beaverton for any reason. People do go back and forth to Portland for biz or to visit for the weekend, but FYI for those not familiar with the Northwest, Beaverton is not AT ALL a common destination for Seattleites. I think the key to why J is missing lies in his trip to Beaverton. I'm shocked that his family is not trying to get more public information about that.

link to transportation times/duration for car and train from SEA to Beaverton.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=seattle%20to%20beaverton%20train

ETA: I deleted "afternoon" computer access in Beaverton as I realized no time was given.

Great timeline, thanks! Could you add to it the ATM deposit and the parking garage video sightings just so its all straight in one place, please?

More to the point of his laptop being with him not if the drive is truly crashed or not. Someone used that computer on the date he went missing from 3 hours away.

More like 4 hours. It's a full day trip to go both ways.

I don't make too much of that last cell ping in downtown Seattle. Phone could have been tossed. jmo And possibly not tossed by J. jmo

And his laptop was last accessed on Tues the 20th in Beaverton, OR. Is that accurate?
We know he came back to Seattle because of the cell phone ping downtown, so it would seem that he was not on a one-way trip out of Seattle. IMO, it is really unusual for someone to drive that far distance or take a train to Beaverton. I've lived in Seattle since 2001 (minus a 2.5 year hiatus) and I've never, not even once heard someone say they went to Beaverton for any reason. People do go back and forth to Portland for biz or to visit for the weekend, but FYI for those not familiar with the Northwest, Beaverton is not AT ALL a common destination for Seattleites. I think the key to why J is missing lies in his trip to Beaverton. I'm shocked that his family is not trying to get more public information about that.

link to transportation times/duration for car and train from SEA to Beaverton.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=seattle%20to%20beaverton%20train

ETA: I deleted "afternoon" computer access in Beaverton as I realized no time was given.

RBBM : According to post 128, the laptop was last accessed on 7/21. Oracle security supposedly told the family this, but the actual time the laptop was accessed from Beaverton is not known. jmo

His brother in law confirmed on J's FB page that the Beaverton angle was a mistake by Oracle security. So they are not sure if that is true at this point or not.

His brother in law confirmed on J's FB page that the Beaverton angle was a mistake by Oracle security. So they are not sure if that is true at this point or not.

How odd that Oracle security would make such a "mistake. " very puzzling. jmo

Even the Facebook group is so quiet on this, but it keeps crossing my mind.

tk1 - Do you know if J paid August's rent before he disappeared on July 21? Are the police still thinking that foul play was not involved?

I keep checking here too. Nothing on the local Seattle news stations that I have seen either.

Its disheartening to see that there are no new updates . I hope his friends are still brainstorming on ideas to find him. I would think if he was indeed deceased his body would have surfaced by now. Still hoping for a positive outcome.

I would think if he had gone off and killed himself, by now, he would have been found. Usually people want to give their friends/family closure at some point.

If he needed privacy/space, I'd think he would have called LE or a family member to say, I am alive, but need time away. I thought it was one or the other of these things. But IDK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back