WA WA - Joseph Pichler, 18, Bremerton, 5 Jan 2006 - Child Actor - #2

Interesting, believe. I checked out both sites. They really don't have anything to add, though compared to what we have here. Its great though, that both sites are relatively recent. Maybe the word is getting out there. Luck and prayers to Joe and his mom.

was that one of the posters (who writes I think on both sites) has spoken to both LE and a game shop...as well as actually spent some time posting flyers...at least that what they claim of course.

I am no where near the Pacific Northwest so having some idea from locals on the types of crime in the community and what rumors are going around is valuable. I hope that they continue to investigate the ferry angle and whether or not it is possible that someone with Joe's description got on a ferry to Seattle some time between 1/3 and 1/5.

The robbery gone wrong angle makes no sense to me if the cards were the target simply because there was a whole lot more available to steal the might have had more value....jmo. I am also interested in Starviego's posts regarding the game itself as well as the accident scenario.

I think Bremerton PD must agree that there is something more than a possible suicide simply because they changed the missing category for Joe.

I think an approach to consider with helping this family is 1.) Finding out what kind of media makes the most sense. This case has had a trememdous amount of attention-so how can it be reintroduced to the media so that they will feel compelled to look at it again?

2.) Where could additional evidence be? Where is a good place to look that hasn't been checked closely? I have seen media alluding to some pretty intensive searches-so what area should be checked that hasn't been closely looked at?

3.) What was Joe wearing that night?

4.) After he came into his money, was there a substantial amount left?

Just jumping in with an idea..

As you can tell, I have discovered the "new thread" button.:crazy:

Maybe this is a good place to start a media/e-mail thread. I'm easily confused, lol.

Hi believe09,
I don't have direct contact with the family, so this will have to be jmo or second hand info. If I am wrong, please forgive me in advance.

What Joe was wearing-I think it was speculated about previously, but that would need to come definitively from whomever was the last person to see him.

No one here seems to know how to jump start the search effort. For whatever reason, permission was not granted to do so in the past from local officials to various volunteer organizations. IMO, someone more knowledeable than myself would be very beneficial to the family to research this, and report back to them. Or report back here, as they do read this forum.:blowkiss:

Did anyone research the "Magic The Gathering" forum closely? I posted the link, but it is a huge massive place to wade through. I did see an area that mentions buying, selling, and trading of the "Magic The Gathering" cards, along with an area for E-Bay trading.

It seems it should still be looked into as Joe's last phone referenced these cards, as reported by the last person to alledgedly see Joe before he went missing.

Also, the family has reported that he was robbed of some of the cards, although it has been difficult to pinpoint exactly which ones, and the exact value. If nothing else, they have absolutely stated the cards were strewn about his apartment and car, where normally he kept them carefully organized and in special binders. Why the dissarray?

Not trying to derail things, please, just trying to build on what we know..

Again, all second hand info, reposted for the purpose of keeping our discussions going and moving forward...

No one in our public forums seems to know how much money Joe had left, as it was reported the family or his bank (unsure who?) froze his accounts immediately after he disappeared. I do not blame the family for not wanting to divulge this number, as it doesn't seem like a good idea to put this into public knowledge. Sort of like counting your money at a dark ATM in the middle of the night, it might invite attention from the wrong kind of people. The family was reported to have been scammed by someone collecting money with a fraudulent website on behalf of the search for Joe, and keeping it for herself, so they have indeed already been the victim of just such a person. The fact that he had a trust fund available when he turned 18 tells me his mom only had his best interest in mind, as we've all heard the stories of child actors whose parents squandered their children's earnings.

It was previously posted here by the family advocate/ or spokesperson, Sharon, that he has not touched his accounts and no activity has been noted on them since he went missing. If he had cash readily available (as in in his hand) when he went missing, I can't see how we will know that without speaking directly to him.

Another thought, did he own a suitcase, travelbags, etc., and if so were they missing? I don't know if a guy would care about matched luggage, but if he did own a set, one missing would be something to look into.

And it was reported he had purchased a new TV prior to his disappearance. How large was this TV? Would it have required a truck to haul away from his apartment? Or would it fit in an average sized car, along with room for possibly Joe or anyone involved.

Here is another link which I found helpful-this is a lengthy forum about Joe Pichler as well with some different angles that have been explored from some of the angles here. There is some good information about ferry times etc...
http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?msg=18833&nav=messages&webtag=ab-crime

This is from John Douglas' Mind hunter forum, also discussing the "underground" feeling that Joe was unhappy being back in Bremerton. Some of these posters appear to be locals:
http://www.johndouglasmindhunter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=44789

Thanks believe- GREAT finds!!! Interesting to see how the train of thoughts flow on other forums..hmmmm- make you think about more scenarios- Im going to dig in there and will BRB :clap:

Again, all second hand info, reposted for the purpose of keeping our discussions going and moving forward...

No one seems to know how much money Joe had left, as it was reported the family or his bank (unsure who?) froze his accounts immediately after he disappeared. I do not blame the family for not wanting to divulge this number, as it doesn't seem like a good idea to put this into public knowledge. Sort of like counting your money at a dark ATM in the middle of the night, it might invite attention from the wrong kind of people.

It was previously posted here by the family advocate/ or spokesperson, Sharon, that he has not touched his accounts and no activity has been noted on them since he went missing. If he had cash readily available (as in in his hand) when he went missing, I can't see how we will know that without speaking directly to him.

Another thought, did he own a suitcase, travelbags, etc., and if so were they missing? I don't know if a guy would care about matched luggage, but if he did own a set, one missing would be something to look into.

And it was reported he had purchased a new TV prior to his disappearance. How large was this TV? Would it have required a truck to haul away from his apartment? Or would it fit in an average sized car, along with room for possibly Joe or anyone involved.

Great point Sherry- This is why I think something bad happened to Joe- even IF he DID run away, he would need money by now, and these funds arent accessible to anyone! Joe met with peril that night and we need to bring him home to his family-
Any word on TE and their possible help? Is WA allowing them to search yet? This may have been posted already- I was out of the loop for a week. :crazy: Thanks

I should have saved the letter to send to the media too. I sent the emails once...should I continue to email them?

Hi McDraw,

I am going to. If it is ok with believe09, I am going to send a copy of the letter she wrote to Sag, just tweak it appropriately for the media. I think Sharon wouldn't mind what the content is, as long as it is positive and non-confrontational. It was an awesome letter, IMO, and really captures the whole situation in a positive light. We are moving in a great direction I think.

Maybe someone would want to head up an e-mail media thread? I think we are all working together, and it would take some pressure off Sharon. She has done a great job, and we have all figured out we should "work smarter, not harder." I posted a copy of the letter at the beginning of this thread, but I have it saved if it is archived.

Would you wanna do it?:blowkiss:Organize the thread, I mean? I am a computer klutz, so somebody with some skills would be great. We could be sure to get the Joesmomma and Christine to approve anything we send, and make sure we target helpful media outlets. Maybe not to swarm them, but bring proper attention. Tricia had suggested something like this garnering media attention for Joe's case in the first thread. If she checks in with us, she could maybe offer us some advice.

Watcha think?:)

Hi guys,

I just want to clarify something for Joesmomma, about the Myspace page. Joesmomma is a Christian. Someone was asking about pictures of hand signs on the pages being satanic, so it was important for us to know she would never have anything to do with that.

Hi McDraw,

I am going to. If it is ok with believe09, I am going to send a copy of the letter she wrote to Sag, just tweak it appropriately for the media. I think Sharon wouldn't mind what the content is, as long as it is positive and non-confrontational. It was an awesome letter, IMO, and really captures the whole situation in a positive light. We are moving in a great direction I think.

Maybe someone would want to head up an e-mail media thread? I think we are all working together, and it would take some pressure off Sharon. She has done a great job, and we have all figured out we should "work smarter, not harder." I posted a copy of the letter at the beginning of this thread, but I have it saved if it is archived.

Would you wanna do it?:blowkiss:Organize the thread, I mean? I am a computer klutz, so somebody with some skills would be great. We could be sure to get the Joesmomma and Christine to approve anything we send, and make sure we target helpful media outlets. Maybe not to swarm them, but bring proper attention. Tricia had suggested something like this garnering media attention for Joe's case in the first thread. If she checks in with us, she could maybe offer us some advice.

Watcha think?:)

Sherry,

I think that is a great idea. Unfortunately, I really have no computer skills. I have to ask my children how to do the smallest things. I'm sorry. I told Sharon that I am really no help. I don't have a clue how to research and I don't have any computer skills. I really just give my opinions and ideas and they are nothing to write home about. Mostly I just pray. But if there is ever anything that I know how to do and can help, I'll be glad too.

"Mostly I just Pray."

It doesn't get any better than that.
Bless you, McDraw...

I just wanted to give credit to HollywoodBound for the find on the bones in Skagit County. I reposted it here if that is OK in my post # 80. Thanks so much, Great find!:clap:

I am a new person here. Thank you moderator for helping get through registration.

I was reading some questions from end_user Starviego<sp>. Very good questions I must admit. Also , some very interesting theories and presentations of the facts of this case.

I have a question about 2805 Wheaton Way. My questions are based on a little different theory into this matter. At the time of the dissappearance and where Joe's car was found, there was a phone booth in front of that restaraunt. From what I understand, Joe's cell phone was turned off when it was discovered.

I also understand from very reliable source that the pay-phone that used to be in front of the restaraunt was removed 6 months (or so) after Joe's disappearance.

I also know for a fact that there are 4 pay-phone numbers at 2825 Wheaton Way which is called the Black Angus Steak house (or to this effect).

What I tried to do was to retirieve any information I could to see if there was a 911 call placed from that payphone at 2805 Wheaton Way, on or about the time of Joe's disappearance. On the current list , the adress is not listed on the Bremerton, Washington payphone Locations list.

(you can google "bremerton, washington payphone locations" and find that list right away. I also know that Qwest handles most of the admin for the payphones, but , the brick wall is the WUTC in Bremerton which has so many several documents , that I cannot parse through.

So , my question is , does anybody know if there is *specifically* a record kept for 911 calls and if there was in fact a 911 call (or any other phone call) from that specific payphone?

thank you and sincere regards.

dalerainmaker

Wow....I don't have an answer, but some very clever thinking. Kudos! There will be more people here tomorrow, and someone may be able to help you with that. Wecome, BTW..

WUTC link

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:6HA-aB_IWO0J:www.utc.wa.gov/rms2.nsf/177d98baa5918c7388256a550064a61e/40b9b9d38ce8235588256be6000186bf!OpenDocument+bremerton,+washington+911+payphone+records&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=9&gl=ca

My aplogogies. I have been having some trouble copying and pasting links. In the above two messages I left a link for Bremerton Payphone locator and this message , the WUTC for 911 and Qwest Policy record keeping.

I am not sure if this will be any help at all.

Thanks Sherry for your welcoming :)
dalerainmaker, Welcome and what a fabulous contribution!!!! I do not know the answer to your question, but will make sure it gets added to a growing list that will be helpful in sorting things out now that Joe's missing status has changed.

Hi Believe,

Thanks for your reply. I am really hoping only for the best to turn out. I will try to do as I can and be a soft spoken as possible.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back