GUILTY WA - Joshua Tabor for waterboarding 4yo daughter, Yelm, 2010

spend time witch hunting a mother who safely drops off her healthy baby at a police station.
and give this sicko freak custody of a 4 year old.
my question is, if the mom has joint custody, why do the maternal grandparents have her now?

That poor little girl was covered with bruises and scratches! This was not just 1 incident of being water boarded. IMO there have been many times of using water and thats why she was afraid of water to begin with! Forced to sit in her urine if she had an accident :furious:
Gee dad I wonder why she was having accidents, maybe because her daddy was beating and torturing her!!!
It says her mother is in a different state and I'm hoping maybe that is why she is not with her mother now and when she's able to come there they can be reunited. I hope she will have someone who will love her and care for her!!
It sounds like the girlfriend was not going to say anything until he becan roaming around the neighborhood threatning to break out windows.
I think it's horrible he's already been able to bail out, this is the type who later we'll be reading about hurting as many people as he can. Oh and he's already gone to anger management class, wow that did wonders for him didn't it!!
I say force him to have a vasectomy so he will never be able to torture a child of his again, he's lost the right to have a child!
A 4 yo child is so small and now this poor child will forever have scars. Yes bruises can go away, but her whole idea of a male influence in her life has been horribly altered.

VB

maybe his 'counselor' was the wacko in the 'bizzare and offbeat news' thread who pulled a gun on two federal marshals for blocking his parking space

spend time witch hunting a mother who safely drops off her healthy baby at a police station.
and give this sicko freak custody of a 4 year old.
my question is, if the mom has joint custody, why do the maternal grandparents have her now?

I'm pretty sure the mom must have issues, too. Stancil said the girl's mother also came out from Kansas, but returned home without the child. "The grandmother beat her to the punch by filing the paperwork prohibiting [the mother] from being around her until the courts sort it out." http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011015680_webyelmgirl08m.html

oh and the chargs should be attempted murder, not assault.
doing this to a grown man is dangerous enough.
doing it to a 4 year old in a stinkin sink is deadly. we are very lucky she is still alive

I say they waterboard him until he wets himself and then let him sit in it for days!

That's my feeling, the guy had severe issues before his military service. There are many vets who don't return home to do something like this.

I agree... Many do have issues before ever joining which is what leads some (not all!) to join the military to begin with.. (I know several people who have joined instead of going to rehab, people who have family issues such as homelessness.. parents who's kids are "headed in the wrong direction" send their kids off with their blessings.) Which amounts to taking an unstable person, breaking them down to nothing and then training them to kill (then sending them back home an unstable killing machine)

I agree with you, many vets don't come home and act like this but some do and they need help. I'm not excusing this guys behavior or blaming the military for what he chose to do to his daughter.. I am just sayin'.

http://deliciousday.wordpress.com/2009/04/24/clintvanwinkleptsd/

There are reports about veterans coming home from combat and killing their wives or children. Were you ever afraid you would do that? (JBF)

No, I was not worried I would kill a family member. Maybe a civilian. I was not homicidal. I was afraid of what would happen if I did get to that point. I did not know how far PTSD would take me. I did not know how bad it would get. It scares me that PTSD leads people down that road.

In Soft Spots you talk about your compulsion to commit seemingly random violence on others once you returned home. What do you think was your primary motivation in that? Was there a release in that?

It was because I was so angry. It was not a release because it does not feel good to be that angry. To be on the verge of losing control is a horrible feeling.

more @ link

I'm pretty sure the mom must have issues, too. Stancil said the girl's mother also came out from Kansas, but returned home without the child. "The grandmother beat her to the punch by filing the paperwork prohibiting [the mother] from being around her until the courts sort it out." http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011015680_webyelmgirl08m.html

Wonder what moms issues are. At least she loves her gramma and gramma loves her, thank goodness she has someone to love her! I sure hope they press charges against the girlfriend!

That's my feeling, the guy had severe issues before his military service. There are many vets who don't return home to do something like this.

Agree, and this type of stuation makes me sick. Ft. Bragg has had its share of similar related crimes. I believe 100% in PTSD and anger-related issues...and IMO the soldiers are VERY aware of 'torture' techniques. Most bases where there is intelligence-based training going on (such as Ft. Bragg and Lewis) are aware. They are also typically screening for mental health issues.
But people fall through the (MOO) VERY large cracks, and then we see this.

I have no words for this type of crime against a child except thank God she is alive first and foremost- and I hope he gets some help, and some jail time. The MP should be handing him over to another jurisdiction IMO.

Oriah

Just found this news story! Disgusting! I don't care if he's a soldier or not, this is Child Abuse!!! This guy has no business being a parent! You don't learn out of fear! What an idiot! Now this poor little girl will grow up to hate reading and school!:banghead::banghead::banghead::furious:

Agree, and this type of stuation makes me sick. Ft. Bragg has had its share of similar related crimes. I believe 100% in PTSD and anger-related issues...and IMO the soldiers are VERY aware of 'torture' techniques. Most bases where there is intelligence-based training going on (such as Ft. Bragg and Lewis) are aware. They are also typically screening for mental health issues.
But people fall through the (MOO) VERY large cracks, and then we see this.

I have no words for this type of crime against a child except thank God she is alive first and foremost- and I hope he gets some help, and some jail time. The MP should be handing him over to another jurisdiction IMO.

Oriah

He's being charged by Thurston County. He is out on bond. (The military has restricted him to base, although we don't know if there are further restrictions.)

I completely disagree about helicopter repairmen being trained in military intelligence techniques of any kind.

He's being charged by Thurston County. He is out on bond. (The military has restricted him to base, although we don't know if there are further restrictions.)

I completely disagree about helicopter repairmen being trained in military intelligence techniques of any kind.

The base restriction always make me angry, and seems contrary when charged by the county (or federal- whoever.) He should not be in the brig, he should be in the county jail IMO.

Oh and not disagreeing at all about MI training, just saying that in my experience most soldiers on bases where there is such training going on are aware of it.

STEADFAST- clarifying that further....I do understand he is out on bond, but I am angered that in these instances the alleged perpetrator of the crime is essentially released back into the custody of the military...where the MP then are responsible should he violate bond.
I feel a little bit like my tax $$'s paid his bond, you know?

STEADFAST- clarifying that further....I do understand he is out on bond, but I am angered that in these instances the alleged perpetrator of the crime is essentially released back into the custody of the military...where the MP then are responsible should he violate bond.
This, releasing charged soldiers to their command, has gone on a long time in the military (as you probably know). It used to be common practice for soldiers in a unit to take up a bail collection when a fellow soldier was in a county jail (DUI'S, etc...). What I take issue with is the military allowing soldiers charged with serious crimes to roam around post. I don't know if they are allowing this in this soldiers case, he may very well be restricted to his barracks.

Some recent news...this is from the bottom of page 1 and into page 2 of the linked article below.

"Tabor told investigators that he feels his daughter is 'behind mentally for where she should be for her age,'" said Stancil. "He's blaming the bruises on her squirming and trying to get away from him on the porcelain counter that surrounds the sink."

Stancil said that the young girl was "very articulate" and did not appear to have any developmental issues.

His arraignment is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 16 in Thurston County Superior Court, according to the Nisqually Valley News.

The girl lived with Tabor, his girlfriend and several other children who belonged to the girlfriend. Included in the house was a 2-month-old baby boy Tabor had with his girlfriend.

Tabor's daughter had only been living with him for just two months, according to Stancil. A court ruled late last year that Tabor would split custody of his daughter with the girl's mother in five month increments. Tabor was to care for the girl for the first half of 2010, said Stancil.

The girl's grandparents, who had been caring for the girl prior to the court's decision in their home in Montana, have since come to Yelm and have taken custody of the girl.

According to a Joseph Piek, a spokesman for the Lewis-McChord base where Tabor is assigned, Tabor is a helicopter repairer.

Tabor was assigned to Joint Base Lewis-McChord in December 2006 and was deployed with his unit to Iraq for 15 months from May 2007 to August 2008.

Since posting bail, Tabor has been restricted to the base and is living in his unit's barracks, according to Piek.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joshua-tabor-accused-waterboarding-young-daughter/story?id=9778116&page=1
BBM. Another thing, obviously this guy has unreasonable expectations, or doesn't realize/spend any time at pre-schools/know developmental norms, most pre-schoolers are just beginning to learn the alphabet at this age!:doh::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Maybe if he'd spent some time reading to her instead...

BBM. Another thing, obviously this guy has unreasonable expectations, or doesn't realize/spend any time at pre-schools/know developmental norms, most pre-schoolers are just beginning to learn the alphabet at this age!:doh::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Maybe if he'd spent some time reading to her instead...

Amen!

Some recent news...this is from the bottom of page 1 and into page 2 of the linked article below.

"Tabor told investigators that he feels his daughter is 'behind mentally for where she should be for her age,'" said Stancil. "He's blaming the bruises on her squirming and trying to get away from him on the porcelain counter that surrounds the sink."

Stancil said that the young girl was "very articulate" and did not appear to have any developmental issues.

His arraignment is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 16 in Thurston County Superior Court, according to the Nisqually Valley News.

The girl lived with Tabor, his girlfriend and several other children who belonged to the girlfriend. Included in the house was a 2-month-old baby boy Tabor had with his girlfriend.

Tabor's daughter had only been living with him for just two months, according to Stancil. A court ruled late last year that Tabor would split custody of his daughter with the girl's mother in five month increments. Tabor was to care for the girl for the first half of 2010, said Stancil.

The girl's grandparents, who had been caring for the girl prior to the court's decision in their home in Montana, have since come to Yelm and have taken custody of the girl.

According to a Joseph Piek, a spokesman for the Lewis-McChord base where Tabor is assigned, Tabor is a helicopter repairer.

Tabor was assigned to Joint Base Lewis-McChord in December 2006 and was deployed with his unit to Iraq for 15 months from May 2007 to August 2008.

Since posting bail, Tabor has been restricted to the base and is living in his unit's barracks, according to Piek.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joshua-tabor-accused-waterboarding-young-daughter/story?id=9778116&page=1

So it only took two months. Aren't our child custody laws just grand? The bio mom and dad have the priority over grandparents, so the court gives the child to mom and dad to raise, and I guess the child is lucky she was just waterboarded (allegedly) and not something worse.

I doubt if the military paid his bond. And I don't mind if the military's got him -- the other alternative would be to let him go back home where the other kids live. But I'd rather he were in pre-trial detention than wandering around the base. My husband used to be a counselor at a brig, and there were lots of sailors awaiting civilian trials there.

(Not directed at Steadfast...)
Gee, maybe he should get a medal for Bravery- very brave to pick on a 4-year-old, NOT!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Guys.....the word "waterboarding" is the flashpoint here. I have to point out that sadistic, cruel, anger-filled parents have been torturing their children.....yes, even little sweet girls who wear "heart" shirts and can say their letters....from the beginning of time. I don't see how this crime is any more or less horrid and despicable than beating, burning, or torturing in any other way.

This man will lose his rights to this child and will hopefully be put away for a long long time. It's a blessing that the child has grandparents to step up to the plate for her. I wonder if this came as a surprise to them or if this is new behavior for this man?

I would imagine that WS and the world in general is filled with survivors of childhood abuse which entailed the use of water. The only thing I'm grateful for is that the baby didn't drown. A few more seconds and she could have. That's what fury can do.

FWIW, you all know I'm a pacifist. However, we have a young adult son who is having a great deal of trouble with the law. A kindly pastor took him down to the recruiting office and told him he "had to sign up". Absolutely no way would they even look at our son as he is diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant Disorder and Conduct Disorder. No one wants a young man or woman in the military who is unable to control their own anger. I have to admire the military recruiter for seeing the red flags and showing our son the door.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back