GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

WA WA - Josiah Hilderbrand, 25 & Jon Cleary, Cali to Gorge Ampitheatre, vehicle Yakima Cty, 7 June 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Altaholt

Altaholt New Member

I was one of many who headed to the Gorge for Dead and Co. I arrived there Thursday night, 6/6 and stayed until Sunday morning, 6/9.

I drove from Portland to George for the concert. On Thursday, every stop I made was a carnival atmosphere of Dead heads. Rest areas, grocery stores off the beaten path..

Even HWY 97 between Biggs and Toppenish had road side pull offs, state parks, the Greek pastry place near Goldendale, parking lots filled with heads...

Just before you enter Toppenish, you drop out of the high desert and cross the Toppenish national wildlife preserve.

I theorize Jon and Josiah stopped here for a bathroom break, and were set upon by the men who would kill 5 people 3 days later in White Swan. I think it is the only explanation for how these two men were overpowered... there were more of them, and they had guns...

From the Toppenish Preserve, which would have been a remote and hidden place to carjack these guys, they could have easier been forced West on a number of roads, Marion drain looks likely, up to hwy 220,then lateral B road where the car was found.

Marion drain runs along Toppenish Creek, and past several ponds or agricultural ponds. Lateral B road also passes several ponds.

I hope LE and FBI are searching the wildlife preserve and any routes waterbodies west of it, on the way to where the car was found. I Brielle these two are the 6 and 7 victims of the men who killed 5 in White Swan just 3 days later.

So very sad for this to happen to folks out to enjoy a concert. Heartbreaking they never made it

MFH, Hazelnutty, lightlady and 8 others like this.
  2. helpfulcharlie

helpfulcharlie Well-Known Member

Still watching for more info on this case, I check here every day hoping for an update.

One thing, you mention "3 days later" in your theory. The White Swan murders happened the same day the boys' car was discovered, and they were last seen the day before. So it's a lot closer than 3 days. Per this article: "The abandoned vehicle was found on the morning of June 8, with the report coming in to the sheriff’s office just before 10 a.m. Six hours later, the sheriff’s office received reports of a shooting at 5151 Medicine Valley Rd., which would ultimately take the lives of five people." I initially theorized that Cleary was responsible, due partly to his pretty serious arrest history (way more serious crimes and jail stints than Josiah), but I believe if that was the case, he would have turned up somewhere by now.

Disappearance of two California men possibly related to White Swan homicides

[Deleted reference to another article where a man was found in the woods outside of Naches, WA (~35 miles away), had been lost in woods for "up to 15 days" without food or water -- if that were one of them, it would have been in the news by now, the article was from July 5.]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  3. helpfulcharlie

helpfulcharlie Well-Known Member

4. sasha17

sasha17 Curiouser & curiouser

Hazelnutty, zecats, MT_Catt and 3 others like this.
  5. sasha17

sasha17 Curiouser & curiouser

6. Mountain Mama

Mountain Mama Active Member

Thanks Sasha17 for finding and sharing this information about Nicholas Williams. I read he was found safe. Thank goodness.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    Hazelnutty, Dre, j_in_c and 2 others like this.
  7. Cabochon

Cabochon Active Member

Mom Liz held a memorial for Josiah this past Saturday (Aug 24). If you look at her FB you know she posts a lot...about going through photos and letters etc, and how she’s coping. On Aug 18 these words were buried in a long post: “This past week proved very difficult. Between the visit from the FBI for a dna collection and new disturbing info surrounding his disappearance, I started to feel like I was in a vise - it was an extreme amount of pressure and weighed heavily on my heart and conscience.”

Some day I hope info will be revealed to the public, but it still seems everything is under wraps. So we wait.

mrfrinkles, Hazelnutty, Dre and 3 others like this.
  8. Penny4YourThoughts

Penny4YourThoughts Well-Known Member

bump

Dre and MT_Catt like this.
  9. Cabochon

Cabochon Active Member

Liz posted a little more about her world last night (Sept 12)... it will be SEVERAL MONTHS before evidence is processed from the vehicle Josiah had been in. No charges have been filed in the case. She’s writing her Congressman .

Penny4YourThoughts likes this.
  10. MFH

MFH Well-Known Member

Anything on how long Josiah and Jon had known each other? Aka had they been friends for a while with lots of mutual friends/group, or were they just carpooling to have someone help drive and split gas costs?

Out of my friends who go to many various jam shows, I seem to be the only one who would not ride with a stranger or strangers going to the same show. I even have friends that will meet people at shows once and couch surf with them when they are going to a show in the other persons town.

Just wondering where Josiah and Jon’s friendship lied on that spectrum.

11. Cabochon

Cabochon Active Member

Wow, Liz made another long, emotional post on her FB (Sept 14). Again, she can't speak of what actually happened, but does say how horrific Josiah's murder was. I really can't believe there's still no (public) progress in the case, but LE must have a damn good reason for keeping quiet. She wrote:

"So much is known about Josiah’s death. So much has been passed on to me by the authorities - the story would anger you and sadden you and horrify you. I am tasked at bearing the burden of these truths alone. I cannot speak of it. I am not allowed for fear that it will jeopardize the investigation. The weight of this knowing - these horrific truths - is crushing at times - the stone face I wear in response to your questions, suggestions and offers to help weighs on my mind and heart heavily. I can’t wait until I don’t have to wear it anymore - when I can speak freely about everything - so that I don’t have to carry it on top of my grief."