WA WA - Julie Weflen, 28, Spokane, 16 Sept 1987

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by littlereed, Aug 9, 2005.

1. LucyOso

LucyOso Verified Registered Nurse

Any articles? MSM?

Skully likes this.

2. kemo

kemo Well-Known Member

The #1 suspect is dead. Possibly he can now be identified; what are the rules here? Most people following this case know who this guy is. He owned a business that was only a few miles from from where Julie vanished. That hardly makes him a suspect. Apparently he was uncooperative when contacted by Law Enforcement. That is not necessarily incriminating but it is a good way to set yourself up as a suspect. From I found out about him, he seems to be a Right Wing pro-gun, anti-government type that hates law enforcement and feels absolutely no sense of civic responsibility. That does not make him a killer.

3. SnoopingPacNw

SnoopingPacNw Member

Choochoobella and annemc2 like this.
  4. JillyMcMann

JillyMcMann New Member

I was born and raised in Spokane. By 1987 I had graduated and moved away. But I’ve just moved back to Spokane. I had not heard of this case before. I’d love to assist in any way with efforts already underway.

SnoopingPacNw and Find Brenda like this.
  5. SnoopingPacNw

SnoopingPacNw Member

I really hope the police can search his property, it could be a graveyard.

Choochoobella likes this.
  6. taramarie

taramarie Well-Known Member

Unfound just did a podcast on Julie and the poi who recently died. Check it out! It sounds like now that the guy is dead, there may be searches for Julie and another woman he’s suspected of murdering, although details weren’t discussed. Apparently his wife still owns the property so time will tell if anything comes of it. There is circumstantial evidence that he was an a acquaintance of Julie and was bothering her. Many people were frightened of this man, so perhaps more information will come out now that he’s gone.

7. JillyMcMann

JillyMcMann New Member

Where can I find the pod cast?

8. taramarie

taramarie Well-Known Member

Choochoobella likes this.
  9. YaYa_521

YaYa_521 Every Body's Name Matters

Amateur sleuth says 25-year-old case of missing BPA worker Julie Weflen 'can be solved'

Updated Jan 10, 2019; Posted Apr 22, 2012

Snipped

Locker never searched

...investigation languished, but it was jump-started recently when retired BPA engineer John Polos of Vancouver organized a group of retired Bonneville employees and started again. ...the lack of a break in the police investigation nagged at him.

...police had never searched Weflen's locker at Spokane's G.H. Bell Substation. ...BPA workers had emptied the locker and stored her belongings in a padlocked bin. ...detectives collected the contents.

Snipped

To BPA, Polos' discovery brought Weflen's disappearance front and center once again. The federal agency last month offered a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of her abductor.

Much more at link...

10. BrandyBrou

BrandyBrou New Member

I worked on this case pretty heavily for a year or so. Cold case knows nothing in Spokane, not even if there was DNA retrieved from the glasses found at the scene. The POI is dead, the new management of the business is out, the business is closed and the property is owned by the widow. How does one go about contacting the widow?

shanda3434 likes this.