Found Deceased WA - Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, pregnant, Parkland, 25 Aug 2020 *Arrest* #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Skullfire

Skullfire Well-Known Member

At work? Different schedules?

His dad didn't just leave the property, so much as he passed away. Which someone said that KC was one of the few people CD could talk to about his dads passing. I went to school with his brother and even went by that house once. That would give him some familiarization with the area.

Flicka1, EmmaRose, katydid23 and 13 others like this.

2. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

Wonder how many days this guy spent "spring cleaning" the basement? I bet he was obsessive about it.

Flicka1, misgrn, cass523 and 7 others like this.
  3. MoeInVA

MoeInVA Well-Known Member

The GF may not have known at the time, but you’d think she would have left the house or kicked out CD after the search warrants were executed on September 1st. At that point, she knew he was a very serious POI. At that point, she could have put that together with the security camera nonsense the same day KC went missing and other weird things like the basement project.

4. Skullfire

Skullfire Well-Known Member

She was killed Tuesday and he was SWATed the following Monday. Thats a full week right there. And apparently it wasn't good enough.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Flicka1, Alcina, misgrn and 6 others like this.
  5. Kittybunny

Kittybunny Well-Known Member

I must have missed that it was reported or confirmed that he had a vasectomy. If you wouldn't mind could you please link to that information? Or at least point me in the right direction?

PhoebeTries, Flicka1, misgrn and 9 others like this.
  6. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

I doubt we have any solid information about it. I presume he was saying that he had vasectomy. Possibly, or else, he was blabbering.

PhoebeTries, Eloise, Flicka1 and 8 others like this.
  7. Linear13

Linear13 Well-Known Member

Where is the information (link) discussed about him having a vasectomy? I haven’t found it anywhere.

IF he had a vasectomy then why did he even think the child was his? Why did he kill her? IF he had a vasectomy then he could be fairly confident the child was NOT his. Vasectomies have failed but for the most part are reliable. Or maybe he just TOLD people he’d had a vasectomy. I’ve heard THAT one before.

On another note...I’m leaning towards the idea that he believed that KC hadn’t told anyone about their ‘affair’. He had probably told her to keep the ‘affair’ to themselves and to not tell anyone. He seems to have been fairly good at manipulation. I’ve read in MSM where she had told people they were ‘just friends’ who went out to dinner and the movies. But her close friends knew all the details. I don’t think he knew that. She was plainly afraid to tell him about the pregnancy vasectomy or not. She must’ve known he wasn’t going to leave his live-in and it seems as though she didn’t care. She obviously felt comfortable going to his and the gf’s home. I wonder why the gf monitored the ADT cams so closely. Maybe because he’d been caught before. He seemed awfully worried about what the gf was thinking about those cams being down. This is all just my own speculation and opinion.

To me the really sad part is how KC’s mom talked about how she had thought KC was going to the grocery store but then noticed that KC had dressed nice and had fixed her hair and makeup which was something she didn’t usually do just to run to the store. So there she was picking out a nice outfit. Getting ready. Fixing her hair and makeup. All the while the man she is getting ready to see is planning her murder. He has to be one of the dumbest of the dumb killers we’ve seen in a while. I’m sure he thought he was the smartest thing out there and would never get caught. He literally left a trail.

If anyone has a link to this ‘vasectomy’ info please post. Otherwise it’s just rumor.

All opinions are my own.

PhoebeTries, ar3593, Eloise and 17 others like this.
  8. book-thinker

book-thinker Well-Known Member

Heart breaking for Kassanndra's mom! She lived with her parents. From the mom's interview you see the love she has for KC. I understand the police had asked KC's family and friends not to give their opinion of the ex-bf. This was before he was taken into custody. It sounds like nobody had a good opinion of him for the get go. Thankful he's behind bars.

ar3593, Bravo, Flicka1 and 15 others like this.
  9. Inquisitive2018

Inquisitive2018 Well-Known Member

Maybe suspected, but was afraid of him, maybe she believed him but if she hated Kassanndra she may not have cared. Moo. I have seen enough "for my man" episodes to know anything is possible.

Bravo, Flicka1, momsof3 and 5 others like this.
  10. Inquisitive2018

Inquisitive2018 Well-Known Member

I don't know how ADT works but If she has the app, wouldn't she get an alert saying its down and she would question it? Not necessarily she was checking in on him. LE hasn't arrested her so I guess they believe she isn't involved but she could very well know and the ADT messages could be just a ruse

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Flicka1, misgrn, Charlot123 and 2 others like this.
  11. mjp1228

mjp1228 Well-Known Member

Flicka1, cass523, Charlot123 and 3 others like this.
  12. MoeInVA

MoeInVA Well-Known Member

Theoretically, KC’s dad May have urged her to let the father know.

I get this. As a child of a divorced father of a similar era, my father believed strongly in paternal rights. That fathers deserved a chance that for too long they were not given.

in this case it was the wrong move, a move KC’s dad theoretically will regret all of his life. but Philosophically, he would have been trying to advocate for all that is good in the world. That even a nasty man might have a change of heart and deserve a chance to be a dad.

personally I knew one man who was adamantly against marriage and children. It was because he grew up in an abusive situation in backwater Bible Belt PA. His partners feared settling down with him based on similar statements. But finally some gal in Texas did. And they ended up ok with a marriage and a kid. Despite years of battling. But you never know.

13. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Flicka1, misgrn, Charlot123 and 3 others like this.
  14. nyvictoria

nyvictoria Well-Known Member

Just saw Kassandra’s remains were found. So sad. Glad they arrested the ex.

Bravo, Marg from Oz, Flicka1 and 6 others like this.
  15. wary

wary Well-Known Member

I’m concerned about what ‘a set of human remains” might mean. I don’t remember hearing that phrasing before in other cases, (unless a body has been skeletonized and scattered, perhaps.) Have I just not noticed?

Eloise, Marg from Oz, Flicka1 and 5 others like this.
  16. UsernameRequired

UsernameRequired Well-Known Member

I live in Tacoma and that neighborhood isn't great and has quite a bit of crime so monitoring the cameras doesn't surprise me too much. But I wonder how frequently Kassanndra would visit his house? And when she did how did they avoid the cameras then? Maybe there wasn't a camera in the back area to the door? Or did he conveniently turn them off every time? Did they meet at another place besides his house for flings?

And yes, Colin grew up and graduated from University Place so he would know the area well. Sadly, Kassanndra's twin brother also lives in University Place and not far from where he dumped her body :(

17. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

Vasectomy- it’s a rumor. It has been said by Kassandra’s mom that he has said this in the past, likely an effort to (untruthfully) emphasize his hatred of child-rearing.

Concerning, indeed... :(
    “A set of remains” really conjures imagery of multiple pieces constituting a whole.
    I hope that was just an unnecessarily wordy misstep. :(:mad:

I completely agree, I think he got
    an ADT notification on his phone and realized she would have gotten one too so he needed to explain it before she could react. I too thought that the “adt” text both immediately before and after this calculated and heinous act could have been a code to let her know.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    ar3593, Eloise, Marg from Oz and 8 others like this.
  18. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Considering all the blood in the basement, he may have dismembered the body and used several garbage bags to transfer them to the dumpster, or wherever it was that he actually hid the body.

I don't know how a person could do all this and then just go on with life as if everything was normal, telling everyone he was doing Spring cleaning. He must feel no guilt or remorse at all.

Eloise, Marg from Oz, Flicka1 and 9 others like this.
  19. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/crime/article245932625.html

SEPTEMBER 22, 2020 05:41 PM , UPDATED SEPTEMBER 22, 2020 08:08 PM

The body of Kassandra Cantrell, a pregnant Parkland woman missing nearly a month, was found Tuesday over a cliff in University Place.

A Pierce County sheriff’s SWAT team arrested her 37-year-old ex-boyfriend at his Tacoma house hours after the discovery. He is expected to be booked into Pierce County Jail on suspicion of first-degree murder.

Cantrell, 33, was last seen leaving her family’s home the morning of Aug. 25.

[..]

Just before noon Tuesday, the investigation led detectives to 64th Street West and Chambers Creek Road in University Place, where they found Cantrell’s body about 100 yards down a cliff.

Rescue crews used a high-angle ropes operation to recover the body.

“This is sad ending but this is the ending we expected,” sheriff’s spokesman Ed Troyer said. “At least now we can get closure for the family.”

[..]

When interviewed, he allegedly said he hadn’t seen Cantrell in years.

They seized his truck — the one he drove away from the parking garage where Cantrell’s car was found — and analyzed GPS data about where he had recently driven.

That led investigators Tuesday to search the area along Chambers Creek Road, where they found a woman’s body wrapped and tossed over a hillside.

[..]

Although the Sheriff’s Department believes it is Cantrell, the Medical Examiner’s Office will positively identify her after an autopsy.

Marg from Oz, Flicka1, Dre and 3 others like this.
  20. rainynights

rainynights Well-Known Member

Dudley was stoic as he sat in the courtroom while prosecutors asked the judge for 72 more hours to file charges against him. Volunteers who helped search for Cantrell sat in the audience. Some were emotional, and said they feel strongly that Dudley should also be charged with the murder of Cantrell's unborn baby. Family says she was about three months pregnant.

[...]

Cantrell's mother, Marie Smith, opted to skip today’s hearing, as she’s still trying to process the flood of new information that came with yesterday’s discovery of Kassanndra’s body, and Dudley’s arrest. “Her brother keeps asking why? There’s no why. He’s a bad person that’s all there was, there is no why…she literally wanted nothing from him.”

[...]

Dudley’s next scheduled court appearance is Friday afternoon where he’s expected to be formally charged.

Kassanndra Cantrell's mother speaks out for first time since her daughter's body found, ex-boyfriend arrested
    (video at link)

Bravo, Marg from Oz, Flicka1 and 9 others like this.