Found Deceased WA - Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, pregnant, Parkland, 25 Aug 2020 *Arrest* #2

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by GuyfromCanada, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Sherlockhemlock

Sherlockhemlock Well-Known Member

OnlyFacts, Flicka1, misgrn and 4 others like this.

2. Sherlockhemlock

Sherlockhemlock Well-Known Member

Sounds familiar- the Doulos case too.

3. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

Fits perfectly IMO.

ar3593, Flicka1, misgrn and 7 others like this.
  4. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Washington State doesn't recognize common law marriage so I don't think the girlfriend would have the rights or benefits unless they are legally married.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Flicka1, misgrn, Marg from Oz and 7 others like this.
  5. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I disagree he used her vehicle to dispose of the body as blood was found in his truck. I believe suspect CD took KC out of his house along with "trash" he told police he took to his employer's dumpster during his "spring cleaning." I imagine he hauled many things out of his house including KC's body wrapped in a tarp. MOO

Flicka1, Denisedyann, Alcina and 8 others like this.
  6. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

DBM

I seem to be posting duplicates for some reason today. Sorry if I didn’t catch them all.

Flicka1, Marg from Oz and Gardenista like this.
  7. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

I’m wondering if she told him she hadn’t revealed to anyone that he was the father and he was counting on that.

Flicka1, misgrn, Marg from Oz and 8 others like this.
  8. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

yes - sigh. I wonder how much the live in knew and when ?
    JMO

ar3593, Flicka1, Sincerely and 6 others like this.
  9. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

Please post a time for the hearing when you find it. Thanks.

Flicka1 and Marg from Oz like this.
  10. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Found Deceased - WA - Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, pregnant, Parkland, 25 Aug 2020 *Arrest* #2

Thanks @Harmony 2.

Specific to Fox Q13 linked above, this news link was updated numerous times under the same link and I added the "updated" heading to the news article trying to differentiate I was providing new info that other MSM typically would provide under a new link on a new date.

Flicka1, misgrn, Marg from Oz and 4 others like this.
  11. MsBetsy

She probably didn't trust him. Apparently he had been carrying on a relationship with KC for at least a year.

He must have been incredibly manipulative and deceptive. When he texted her about the power going out he made sure to add, don't freak out if the security system doesn't work. Then at 2:30 he texts, all fixed, and that it was fairly "painless."

Just after he murdered KC and their unborn child and cleaned up the bloody crime scene! He must be some kind of psychopath to carry on afterwards as if nothing happened, with not a single sign of remorse.

12. MsBetsy

Yes, he could have hidden her body somewhere and then went back later in his truck to take the body where it was found. I think it was the GPS from the truck that led LE to that location.

Flicka1, misgrn, Marg from Oz and 6 others like this.
  13. missingm

missingm Well-Known Member

I think he could have dumped the body with her car, then later repositioned it with his truck.

14. Inquisitive2018

Inquisitive2018 Former Member

Or maybe he kept it on to throw cops off that she left? If it went dark at his home it would mean she never left the home ? But then again he said he hadn't seen her in years.

PhoebeTries, Flicka1, misgrn and 6 others like this.
  15. Skullfire

Skullfire Well-Known Member

The only thing that link leaves out is the method of murder. The garage near by sounds like it was the public transport bus garage. People will park there in the morning then walk across the street to get on the sounder to go north and work for the day before coming back home at night. How could you be such an idiot to not even think that has cameras?

Clearly he wasn't thinking at all. If she did have the kid, he could have gotten a DNA test to dispute that it was his kid. With parking his truck before she even arrives at his place, this makes it premeditate and not a crime of passion. Thats going to be life in prison. He wont be able to walk freely around the area, cook, or see anyone he knows. He will be locked up in a cell for the rest of his life or let out when global warming makes things to inhospitable to hold prisoners. He will have someone telling him when to wake up and when to go to sleep, when to eat and when to shower.

With blood stains being found I doubt it was strangulation. I think it will be either stabbing or blunt force trauma with a baseball bat or a wrench.

So many people walk by that area. How was it not seen until then? How was it not stolen? A car in decent shape with the keys in the ignition in broad daylight for 3-4 days? How he moved her - When watching the video of LE pick up the body last night it looked like they put it in a giant cooler which to me implies that it was in pieces. Those black trash bags are pretty heavy duty if you double or tripple bag them. He may have put several parts into one bag then put all those bags into a bigger one. That would make it look like someone just dumping trash and fits with the "tossed things out" motive.

He used his truck as they found the body due to GPS data of where the truck had been. I would say he probably disposed of it at night. Less likely to be seen by anyone.

After looking over everyone's responses and reading the full in detail article - This guy was an idiot. Dropping his truck off shows it premeditated. Dropping it off in an area full over cameras was stupid. Turning off his security cameras, yeah that was a smart move but using "power outage" to justify that when it could have been verified with the power company that there wasn't a power outage isnt that great. Tossing the cell phone was smart, breaking it then tossing it would have been smarter. Leaving his phone on at his home could have worked. Maybe he "just lost" it for a few minutes which would have been why he didnt take calls.

Why kill her? What was the exact reason? What went through his head? What was the method used? Why the basement? The main question of "where is she" has now been answered but now we have a bigger question of "how it happened" and "when will this see a trial"?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    ar3593, Flicka1, Mermaid76 and 8 others like this.
  16. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

^^sbbm

CD told police he hauled trash to his employer's dumpster after his spring cleaning. I imagine he concealed taking KC's body out to his truck along with other trash he hauled away.

It doesn't follow that CD would drive the victim's vehicle with her deceased body
    inside -- any longer than necessary -- given he tried to avoid any detection he was near her vehicle (wearing latex gloves).

(Just imagine if he was stopped driving her vehicle with her body inside the car...)

MOO

17. MsBetsy

Do we know what time he took the trash to his employers dumpster? Her car was returned around noon.

18. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

19. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

No or not reported thus far. CD made it a point to tell LE about this detail before he went silent. I imagine he told authorities this info because it was part of his alibi that he thought would prove his innocence. Not!

Flicka1, misgrn, Marg from Oz and 5 others like this.
  20. rainynights

rainynights Well-Known Member

In this screenshot from the video, the search warrant states the following:

"I asked Colin if he was off this last Tuesday and he said yes. He told me he went to Costco Business to get gas, and then did his spring cleaning. On Wednesday he said he took a bunch of trash into work because he can use the dumpster there. The rest of the day he took it easy and got his bike repaired."

screenshot.png
    Search warrants reveal details into investigation for murder of Kassanndra Cantrell