Found Deceased WA - Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, pregnant, possibly went shopping, Parkland, 25 Aug 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Aug 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

That was per NG... grain of salt.

(I did read that her mother did not believe the ex would hurt her but she's afraid the fact that he has a gf may have escalated something here).

2. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

What evidence do you think they were looking for?
    KC was disappeared -- this case will only be solved with forensic evidence and it's only been 3 days. Please, let's hope KC* receives justice. :( MOO

ETA:*

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    misgrn, Flicka1, cass523 and 6 others like this.
  3. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Absolutely! Mom could tell that KC did herself up looking at the bathroom they shared. She new the grocer story was a no-go because according to her mom, that would have been a ponytail and yoga pants.

elliefant, bluenoser, misgrn and 8 others like this.
  4. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

5. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

WA isn't one of the 29 states that have fetal homicide laws that apply to the earliest stages of pregnancy.

Washington

Wash. Rev. Code Ann. § 9A.32.060 declares that a person is guilty of manslaughter in the first degree when he or she intentionally and unlawfully kills an unborn quick child by inflicting any injury upon the mother of such child.

State Fetal Homicide Laws

Currently, at least 38 states have fetal homicide laws.

At least 29 states have fetal homicide laws that apply to the earliest stages of pregnancy ("any state of gestation/development," "conception," "fertilization" or "post-fertilization"); these are indicated below with an asterisk (*).

State Laws on Fetal Homicide and Penalty-enhancement for Crimes Against Pregnant Women

6. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

7. spiritseeker31

spiritseeker31 Well-Known Member

This case makes absolutely no sense to me. Flash bangs, search warrant (over several days), specific evidence searches but no suspect?

8. keldorn

keldorn Active Member

If this was premeditated, I would imagine there could be interesting things found on the computer/phone of any POI, such as their google searches, gps/map routes.

9. spiritseeker31

spiritseeker31 Well-Known Member

kimpage, misgrn, cujenn81 and 18 others like this.
  10. keldorn

keldorn Active Member

It's possible they thought she could still be alive. If they have information about weapons etc, LE will take appropriate measures. I just hope that if there was evidence in the house, it wasn't totally destroyed or contaminated.

11. Coffiecat

Coffiecat Well-Known Member

I can't find the link, but wasn't it KC's mother who said something chilling about POI's comments on unintended conception? I've seen some horrific reactions, including a recent case of the husband of my family member put a gun to her head and demand she terminate. She didn't, he was arrested, she was hit by a drunk driver a few days later, which ended the pregnancy.

The pregnancy test was missing? That could have been the trigger, if she surprised him/them?

Denisedyann, Lyanna, kimpage and 18 others like this.
  12. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

I do like seeing that they are back again today in the sunlight. It is the best way to search the yards and driveway etc.

I still find it so odd that they reveal the house that is being searched, and the connection the owner has with the Missing Person.

But still refuse to reveal the name and tells everyone else to do the same. .......?..........

I do vaguely remember at the very beginning, K's mother said she was unsure if her ex was the father/. Am I imagining that?

13. mrsNKY

mrsNKY Well-Known Member

I have this eerie feeling she had an inkling something may happen. The sort of foreboding way her mom recounted their " l love you" statements. Not that they say it per se' but the tone in which her mother repeats it. I keep going back to that first interview her mother gave and the sheriff's presser. Something big is missing in their statements, I just can't figure it out.

misgrn, MsBetsy, Marg from Oz and 6 others like this.
  14. bittle

bittle Active Member

I agree. These, and a couple other things give me pause. It makes no sense. Sadly, it often doesn’t.

misgrn, MsBetsy, Marg from Oz and 5 others like this.
  15. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

Couple of things mentioned in the recent interview with her mom. The missing pregnancy test is interesting, especially after LE mentioned not seeing proof she’s pregnant. Who would know KC had kept that test? Her mother, obviously, and probably the BD. Maybe during an interview with the police the BD said “there’s no proof she was pregnant, I want to see proof”. Recall LE mentioning that very thing during his presser Tuesday, not having confirmation about the pregnancy. I think KC took it to show BD when they met and that is why it’s now missing along with her. BD thought he was clever to mention it, but he may regret it ... this is moo and my own scenario.

Denisedyann, Lyanna, kimpage and 23 others like this.
  16. Emi

Emi CSKA Sofia fan!!! Huge Golden State Warriors fan!

Marking my spot. Doesn't this case somewhat remind you of Maddie Bell.

17. MoeInVA

MoeInVA Well-Known Member

I agree the flash bangs were telling and yes the Sheriff's office said it was for safety and based on information they had prior to serving the warrant (which I assumed was that he owned a gun and maybe that there was at least one other person in the house, MOO: plus I am guessing that they have evidence that he would have good reason to panic... such as they have evidence tying him to her car like footage that he brought it there).

However, the person of interest does NOT have a criminal record, per the Q13 Fox TV video posted by @Gardenista yesterday in which they also revealed that LE doesn't know where the POI is (which btw, I sure hope that not knowing his location was a ruse or that they have found him by now). "no criminal history" Search continue for missing Pierce County woman more than a week after disappearance

@spiritseeker31 there is a map update based on latest news reports, searchers found a possible witness that could help put together timeline and it was a local resident in the search area near Lincoln Park in Tacoma.

This story is heartbreaking. The poor mother (and expectant grandmother) "I want my miracle". My heart aches for her.

18. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it doesn’t

DAMages, misgrn, Blue Ridge and 10 others like this.
  19. Skullfire

Skullfire Well-Known Member

The cops will overreact. The house isn't in the best part of Tacoma. If the guy has no criminal record and no run in with the cops in the past, then flash banging could be overkill there.

I saw one article that said the POI is cooperating with the police in the matter.

misgrn, Marg from Oz, Flicka1 and 2 others like this.
  20. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

It was missing from her home? Does that mean someone else was in the home and took it? Or, maybe KC took it with her to surprise him? Is that what you're thinking? Or maybe he didn't believe her and wanted proof?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.