Found Deceased WA - Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, pregnant, possibly went shopping, Parkland, 25 Aug 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kassandra was pregnant or not is not really the issue. I think someone believing she was, was enough for that person to disappear her! Not sure she would lie to her mother about it though, I’ve seen circumstances where someone will lie to an ex or current bf, but I don’t see why lying to her mum with whom she lives is beneficial in any way. All just MOO, but I do believe she was pregnant, and happy about it.
That was my point when I said I believed that that untruth was the cause of her disappearance. I don’t know why either.

I think it was truth, because why lie to own mother?
However, let us assume for a moment it was not. However - if someone “disappeared” her, he had reasons to believe it was the truth. Meaning, there was a relationship that could have resulted in a pregnancy. And that fact was threatening whatever he had - a girlfriend, a family, or something else. Meaning, he was lying to someone.

The case is viewed as homicide by the police. They must have the reason to believe so. Nothing can justify killing a human being - especially if he believed that pregnancy was the truth.

I hope the perpetrator (s) is/are caught, and brought to justice.

Might be a dumb question, but did LE go through BD house with cadaver dogs?
If they can’t find evidence in the house, her car or his truck, then maybe she walked somewhere with someone(s)
Or there was a third vehicle involved that we don’t know about. I hope LE knows and is just taking it slow

The pregnancy can not be confirmed means there is no verifiable source - no lab tests, no ultrasound, and no Kassandra. So the information comes from her family. I see no reason for the family to be untruthful, and Kassanndra likely told the truth. But there is no hard data, Not even the phone.

I am thinking of the situations where cases seem to be “hung”.

Situations like CW or PF were resolved easily enough. But likely, not very smart planners, the perps were - and some luck, too.

All later cases - KC, SM, and oh, the Delphi - seem to include several people involved, and these people know about the cellphones, the technology, the DNA.

It seems that they follow crime news and are logical. All gamers?

Also, i would not be surprised if in all cases, other people are involved, but these other people, too, are rather logical, with high IQ, some training, no blabbers.

And I can’t say much about IN LE, but both CO and WA are similar - IT states, from what I observed, here in WA, at least, the police is also logical and well-read.

So what kind of criminals are they dealing with? Is it gaming that develops the ability to plan a murder? Or something else?

ETA: Kassanndra’s Google searches, or even proof that she bought a pregnancy test in the pharmacy, could be an indirect verification. Think of this. First, there is a delay in period. What do people do? Well, search Google, right? Delay. Then they follow “signs of pregnancy”. Then they go out (not too far, in view of the COVID) and buy a test. They may search something about better tests. In her case, she could have searched about twins.

There would be the whole line of searches indicating that pregnancy was on her mind, at least.

BBM because... 65% of American adults play video games. Statistically.... probably yes? At that rate, the perps probably also drink a cup of coffee a day, d0 not regularly contribute to a savings account, and enjoy grilling on Memorial Day weekend. I would say it is in fact something else that develops the capacity for murder, otherwise we'd all be in serious trouble.

BBM because... 65% of American adults play video games. Statistically.... probably yes? At that rate, the perps probably also drink a cup of coffee a day, d0 not regularly contribute to a savings account, and enjoy grilling on Memorial Day weekend. I would say it is in fact something else that develops the capacity for murder, otherwise we'd all be in serious trouble.

My question is not about murder, but uncaught criminals. How do they differ from the ones that are caught? I should have said, “plan a successful murder”, as opposed to the one where they are caught?

Does the map have to be updated? For now, the phone is placed at Vashon Park on the Island, not the Ferry Departure dock to the Island.

View attachment 263527

Kassandra Cantrell - خرائطي على Google
No, the phone is not placed at' Vashon Park on the Island??' What park is that on the Island?

A phone that pings off a tower on the Island is not the same as being on the Island. And the investigation has never left the mainland. Nothing wrong with the map.

Investigators suspect foul play in search for missing Parkland woman

Her mother says Cantrell’s cell phone last pinged off the south Vashon Island tower just before 1 p.m. on Aug. 25 before it was either turned off or died. Police told her the most logical location of the phone based off of the ping would be Point Defiance Park.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/crime/article245409770.html

Her cell phone also hasn’t been used since the day she disappeared.

It last pinged off a cell tower on Vashon Island, which promoted a two-day search for signs of Cantrell in Point Defiance Park.

Last edited:
Exactly! It isn’t very important to the investigation whether she was actually pregnant or not. The facts of what she TOLD people goes to motive and suspicion Etc. It really makes little difference if it’s true. But again, there were lots of details of multiple appointments, including the ultrasound she missed that her friend was to attend with her. So I feel confident that was checked out about 10 days ago. LE just hasn’t given updates since the 9/1? Briefing.

Bigger question is, does LE know location of POI who reportedly disappeared before the search of his property was completed? Has he done interview? Cooperated? Any confirmed KC Or vehicle sighting after the 8:44 am doorbell cam?

I believe the last reported sighting of KC was the neighbor's ring camera that recorded her leaving her mom's home.

It's also believed the warrant was served on the BD, and he was allowed to leave. Whether investigators are talking to him and if he's cooperating will likely not be reported as it's part of the active investigation. I believe LE is fairly confident they are looking in the right direction. They were able to get a search warrant -- the speaks loudly. MOO

Tacoma home of ex-boyfriend searched in connection with missing pregnant Parkland woman

On Monday, a Pierce County sheriff’s SWAT team served a search warrant at a South K Street home.

Cantrell’s ex-boyfriend lives there with his current girlfriend and was home at the time, authorities said.

“He is not in custody or detained at this point,” sheriff’s spokesperson Ed Troyer said.

The FBI’s forensic team conducted a search of the house, and was continuing to process the home Tuesday.

A man who lived at the house was home and allowed to leave. Troyer said people who knew the woman have been cooperating with detectives.

This case might take a long time like it did in Monica Moynan's case, but the people responsible for her death did eventually get arrested. She was allegedly pregnant too, and that is believed to be the motivation for her murder. The father of her children and his ex wife were the ones arrested, by the way.

NC - Monica Moynan, 23, Holly Springs, 7 Apr 2019 *ARREST*

Thanks for posting, Lusitana. I so expected quick action after the impressive search warrants and have been frustrated with the total silence since Sept 1st briefing/ Sept 2nd announcement that POI was not cooperating and location was unknown. I guess I need to accept the slower pace.

I found a quote in an article about the similar case you mentioned:
“When you don’t have a body, there is a lot of evidence that needs to be collected to confirm that the person isn’t still alive,” Herring said in a phone interview with The N&O. “It takes time to gather the evidence.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article242682851.html
I am glad the FBI is helping on this in KC’s case.

Also, it is interesting to read in that article about the evidence LE used to support charges of accessory after the fact and obstruction against the killer’s ex-wife. In the KC case, the baby daddy’s girlfriend and family members had better be careful. Even just failing to mention something that was suspicious can be used to bring charges (though in the Moni case, the ex-wife did far more than that).

No, the phone is not placed at' Vashon Park on the Island??' What park is that on the Island?

A phone that pings off a tower on the Island is not the same as being on the Island. And the investigation has never left the mainland. Nothing wrong with the map.

Her mother says Cantrell’s cell phone last pinged off the south Vashon Island tower just before 1 p.m. on Aug. 25 before it was either turned off or died. Police told her the most logical location of the phone based off of the ping would be Point Defiance Park.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/crime/article245409770.html

Her cell phone also hasn’t been used since the day she disappeared.

It last pinged off a cell tower on Vashon Island, which promoted a two-day search for signs of Cantrell in Point Defiance Park.

Yeah, this. Pinging in Vashon doesn’t mean Vashon. As a Tacoma native, I feel as though there’s no reason in paying money to go to Vashon island for a couple hours. There’s lots of cameras/security at ferry terminals. It’s mainly work commuting for people that live on that island.

Yeah, this. Pinging in Vashon doesn’t mean Vashon. As a Tacoma native, I feel as though there’s no reason in paying money to go to Vashon island for a couple hours. There’s lots of cameras/security at ferry terminals. It’s mainly work commuting for people that live on that island.
Welcome to WS @Maddy01 -- let's hope today is the date we learn that KC is located and recovered. Time for those responsible to give her up.

The man they interviewed on the day of the search thought he had KC there once but did not reckless ever seeing residents. That is very iffy and doesn’t seem genuine. MOO

Maybe, or maybe not. He might be paying more attention to women, or maybe KC, in his view, stood out - the way she moved, walked, maybe she seemed lively? Who we pay attraction to differs depending on our preferences and priorities. Now, if the owners had a dog that they would walk and the person never paid attention to them, that would be strange.

Maybe, or maybe not. He might be paying more attention to women, or maybe KC, in his view, stood out - the way she moved, walked, maybe she seemed lively? Who we pay attraction to differs depending on our preferences and priorities. Now, if the owners had a dog that they would walk and the person never paid attention to them, that would be strange.
Maybe he meant when he saw KC there he did not recall seeing any residents with her at that time. Maybe he just observed her entering or leaving the home alone.

The man they interviewed on the day of the search thought he had KC there once but did not reckless ever seeing residents. That is very iffy and doesn’t seem genuine. MOO
But I rarely see my neighbours across the street coming and going because they park in the back of their home, where their garage is, in an alleyway.

I do often see visitors going to their front door however. They park on the street, and I can see them from my living room window.

Maybe the BF has a back entrance as well?

But I rarely see my neighbours across the street coming and going because they park in the back of their home, where their garage is, in an alleyway.

I do often see visitors going to their front door however. They park on the street, and I can see them from my living room window.

Maybe the BF has a back entrance as well?

Yes, BF has a back entrance to his house and often parks his truck (the one that got towed by police) in the alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow