WA - Kristy Price-Alvarez for child endangerment, Centralia, 2010

laura08

Reaction score
These pictures are just gross of this house, She said her mother died a week ago and she's been struggling, but looking at the mess it seems like it has been there alot longer than a week. If she does get her children back they need to do routine checks to make sure it is clean and fit.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22827977/detail.html

I'm sure it's been longer than a week. Her mother just died a week ago of cancer, how long do you suppose her life was upside down from her mother's cancer?

I agree, a house in that state is unfit for kids, however I do believe that the mess that is seen isn't that horrible considering the circumstances. Seven kids, dying/dead grandmother, maternal depression, slight hoarding tendencies, not to mention everyone and their mother who throw kids' clothes at you when you have so many kids. It sounds like the mother has her priorities straight and is cleaning the house in a big way to get her kids back. She may or may not need a little follow up, but cut her some slack.

From the article:

"Detectives said in addition to filthy living conditions, they have evidence Price recently failed to get two of her children emergency dental work."

Weird. I wonder how they can have evidence for that sort of thing?

From the article:

"Detectives said in addition to filthy living conditions, they have evidence Price recently failed to get two of her children emergency dental work."

Weird. I wonder how they can have evidence for that sort of thing?

if its 'emergency' dental work most likely they landed in the ER, That happened to my mom when she didnt take care of a tooth problem years ago

Yowza. That's more than a week's worth of filth, certainly. Although to be fair, caring for 7 kids and probably her terminally ill mother by herself (?) over a long period could have had a hand in this. Along with cleaning the house, I hope she gets some serious and meaningful counseling to help her cope so she can parent and grieve properly.

I know cancer is hard to deal with and the lady has my sympathy for losing her mother and having to deal daily knowing her mother was sick untill she passed. I've lost family, friends from cancer myself. But when I read that and seen the pictures it seemed like an exuse she made for the mess. I really do hope she also gets the help she needs and keeps a clean home for those babies, and it does look like she is trying. But hopefully once it is clean she will manage to stay on top of it.

Cut her some slack? Sorry, I can't do that but that's just me. She has a ten month old baby...don't they typically crawl at this age? And to think of a baby crawling in that mess? She allowed her children to live like this and yet she had a choice. Anything could have happened to those children if this was not caught in time. I understand the lady is in mourning but come on, we all lose someone close to us...can't use that as an excuse forever. I hope that she gets the help she needs and some tips on how to take care of a home that not only she resides in but also her innocent children...they don't have a choice or say in the matter. Sorry, I just don't really have a lot of patience with parents that don't put their children first...it's not a hard thing to do.

id say that house was like that for more then a week.

Not making excuses for the mom, her house was gross, but her circumstances should be taken into consideration here. What I see is a single mom to 7 kids (since there was no mention of a dad in the story, I am making that assumption) who was also caring for her terminally ill mother for God knows how long. it is a strong possiblility that she was extrememly overwhelmed along with being a hoarder.
ETA, I just read the article at the bottom of the link that was posted. I stand by what i said but will add that if she is this overwhelmed and burdened and mentally off she should get some help before caring for these kids again. The first article sounds like she is struggling too hard and needs some help. Diapers that hadn't been changed in days? That's pretty bad.

why is it we cant just say 'she made bad decisions' no, it has to be 'her/circumstances have to be taken into account. i had my grandfather die suddenly, and all of a sudden i was supposed to take care of my 86 year old grandmother, a house, plan for a funeral, and deal with my grief all at the same time. add on top of that that my family is basically the 'hide your pain behind booze' and i was in about 50 pounds of . and my house still never looked like that.

oh, and i was only 21

why is it we cant just say 'she made bad decisions' no, it has to be 'her/circumstances have to be taken into account. i had my grandfather die suddenly, and all of a sudden i was supposed to take care of my 86 year old grandmother, a house, plan for a funeral, and deal with my grief all at the same time. add on top of that that my family is basically the 'hide your pain behind booze' and i was in about 50 pounds of . and my house still never looked like that.

oh, and i was only 21
But you may be a stronger person. Given your circumstances, I am not sure I could do it. I do not deal well with pressue and bad situations. But imagine how hard that was for you, then add in children to care for. She is by no means getting a pass from me on it. The house was nasty. Period. Kids should not have been in it. They were right to remove the kids.I think it is just a case of a overwhelmed metally ill woman. Get her some help, don't throw her in jail. Eventually let her have her children back.The fact that she is trying tells me she's not an abusive .

But you may be a stronger person. Given your circumstances, I am not sure I could do it. I do not deal well with pressue and bad situations. But imagine how hard that was for you, then add in children to care for. She is by no means getting a pass from me on it. The house was nasty. Period. Kids should not have been in it. They were right to remove the kids.I think it is just a case of a overwhelmed metally ill woman. Get her some help, don't throw her in jail. Eventually let her have her children back.The fact that she is trying tells me she's not an abusive .

if she's mentally ill she shouldnt be raising 7 kids by herself then :(

http://www.chronline.com/news/article_6bf1de18-2bb3-11df-a384-001cc4c03286.html
Here is more information on the mother and on how cps became involved.

Here is a video of the mother speaking. http://www.kirotv.com/video/22780831/index.html

And that house could not have been cleaned and disinfected in 20 minutes of time. My opinion.

Police were alerted to the situation after the children’s mother, Kristy Price, 30, claimed she had been beaten and robbed of her purse and other belongings after spending Saturday evening at a bar on Tower Avenue. Price said she was knocked unconscious around 2 a.m. near Fuller’s Market Basket, and upon coming to around 7 a.m., she subsequently called 911 from a pay phone to report the alleged robbery. Price claimed a babysitter had been taking care of her children, ages ranging from 10 months to 12 years.

Centralia police, however, said that Price was severely intoxicated and would not provide any details of the alleged beating and robbery, nor would she give the babysitter’s name upon being asked. They said there were no signs of a visible struggle, and that Price had looked to be in good condition — raising suspicion of the veracity of Price’s story.
We decided at that point to go to the house and check on the children,” said Fitzgerald. “She couldn’t provide a name of the babysitter, so that was a major red flag.”

I agree, the house did not get that way in just a short amount of time and it was not a safe place for babies or anyone for that matter.
I'm glad to hear the mother is trying to get things better but IMO she needs more help than just getting the home cleaned up. Did you see the picture of the toilet?
Who would think it is ok for their children to be living like this?
Now to me she looked very young, how old was she when she started having babies and where in the H*&^ is the father/fathers of these children? Her youngest is 10 months old, the father IMO also has some responsibility for bringing a newborn to that home. (yes I do believe when the baby was a newborn the home already had problems)
I'm glad someone reported this. I can just imagine what has been happening with the children, how could a child be going to school clean and wearing clean clothes when it's like this?
It may be depression that she's suffering from and I hope she is able to get the correct type of help she needs.
She's not the only one out there with this kind of problem and maybe seeing this story will help someone to understand that they don't have to live like this. She needs help and if she lived near me I would offer her a hand getting things cleaned and just knowing someone did care, but I would also keep an eye out and report her if she got the children back and things got like this again.

VB

Ewww. I have to go bleach something now. That is sick.

You have to love how she uses it to get her fifteen minutes of fame..."Mom of removed kids shows off the cleaning process."

If it were really grief, then I would think that losing all 7 of her kids and facing possible criminal charges might have broken her.
That is much more than a week of trash. MUCH more. And even if it is grief...BFD. Sorry, little harsh, but MOO.

When you have kids, be it one or seven, you agree to put their needs ahead of your own. If you need to cry, that's great. Cry while you do dishes. Sob over the laundry. But if you can't function as a parent, for whatever reason, your kids need to go somewhere else.

if she's mentally ill she shouldnt be raising 7 kids by herself then :(
Sad but true. But if she got some help then maybe she can be what these kids need. She just ain't it right now.

so she was out bar hopping while leaving the kids in a pig sty.

Fitzgerald said she has known Price and her family for years, and that this latest situation was Price “hitting rock bottom” after a long string of custody battles and issues with drug abuse.
“Kristy has had access to everything the state has to offer, and a very supportive family to boot,” said Fitzgerald. “It’s a sad situation — her sister told me that this is the sad path (Kristy) has chosen for her life.”

She may be a , at the bare minimum, a basket case.

Yup, bar-hopping.

I guess we're lucky that she didn't bring the next baby daddy home that night so he could kill one of the kids.

Just beautiful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back