WA - Kristy Price-Alvarez for child endangerment, Centralia, 2010

Fitzgerald said she has known Price and her family for years, and that this latest situation was Price “hitting rock bottom” after a long string of custody battles and issues with drug abuse.
“Kristy has had access to everything the state has to offer, and a very supportive family to boot,” said Fitzgerald. “It’s a sad situation — her sister told me that this is the sad path (Kristy) has chosen for her life.”

She may be a , at the bare minimum, a basket case.

I agree and said as much in my previous posts.
At the time, all I had to go on was the initial article that didn't give information we've since been provided.

Sounds like she has been depressed and irresponsible but it also sounds like she had way to much to deal with at one time. She obviously couldnt handle the things going on in her life. She really just needs some help. Yes the house was nasty but its pretty hard keeping up with just 3 or 4 kids much less 7. I am not making excuses for the way her house looked I am just saying that I can see how it got that way. I hope this is a wake up call for her and that she turns her life around.

Honestly, it looks like a digustingly filthy house is the least of her problems. I hope for her children's sake she gets the help that she desperately needs.

This is normal living conditions for this lady obviously she puts bars before her kids, and food they said the food in the home was spoiled rotten. I'm glad these babies are being taken care and getting plenty of fresh food.

id hate to see this case turn into a 2012 websleuths thread 'mother who left kids in pig sty accused of beating one to death' cause that's where this will probably end up

I agree and said as much in my previous posts.
At the time, all I had to go on was the initial article that didn't give information we've since been provided.
Yea me too, but the fact that they are talking heavy drinking and drugs IDK what to think about her.

This mother obviously was overwhelmed.

But, bottom line must be for the safety of the children. Every child has a right to not be raised in pure filth. This house isn't just messy & 'lived in'. It is filthy.

None of the children should be living in such extreme conditions. Think of all the safety hazards here for a 10 month old baby.

I also hope this mother- and her children- gets the help that is needed.

http://www.chronline.com/news/article_6bf1de18-2bb3-11df-a384-001cc4c03286.html
Here is more information on the mother and on how cps became involved.

Here is a video of the mother speaking. http://www.kirotv.com/video/22780831/index.html

And that house could not have been cleaned and disinfected in 20 minutes of time. My opinion.

Police were alerted to the situation after the children’s mother, Kristy Price, 30, claimed she had been beaten and robbed of her purse and other belongings after spending Saturday evening at a bar on Tower Avenue. Price said she was knocked unconscious around 2 a.m. near Fuller’s Market Basket, and upon coming to around 7 a.m., she subsequently called 911 from a pay phone to report the alleged robbery. Price claimed a babysitter had been taking care of her children, ages ranging from 10 months to 12 years.

Centralia police, however, said that Price was severely intoxicated and would not provide any details of the alleged beating and robbery, nor would she give the babysitter’s name upon being asked. They said there were no signs of a visible struggle, and that Price had looked to be in good condition — raising suspicion of the veracity of Price’s story.
We decided at that point to go to the house and check on the children,” said Fitzgerald. “She couldn’t provide a name of the babysitter, so that was a major red flag.”

Ah, so it appears she's potentially a substance abuser who hires known drug using transients (who don't even know her children's names) as babysitters? Wow, that new info doesn't shed a very positive light on this situation.

Ah, so it appears she's potentially a substance abuser who hires known drug using transients (who don't even know her children's names) as babysitters? Wow, that new info doesn't shed a very positive light on this situation.
I was under the impression they were home alone, not with a sitter. I thought she was lying about leaving them with someone.

I have four kids and one does her own laundry. I noticed her washer is undersized for a family of that size. I dont understand the cigerrette butt on the stove or the alcohol either. That salt there looks as if she may have had a gease fire. The cabnits look as if kids were pulling stuff out and the corn on the cob on the sink look fresh(lol). The switch plate on the wall appears clean from the picture and the front of the fridge isnt nasty looking. In the foyer past the kitchen it does have lot of trash but it also looks as if a bag or something fell over and the bag laying up agaisnt the wall.The stove is gross but not forever been gross KWIM? I would have to say after looking at the pictures I do believe 7 wild kids could makee a house look like that in 1 or 2 weeks. The laundry is most likey an ongoing problem. The worse thing is the stove and the black stuff whatever that was in the jar looks as if it was poured in the burner hole and the backsplash to the sink. I do believe this mom let things go due to stress. Her walls are clean where i can see, her cabnits are not covered in dirt from what i can see and the white microwave isnt dirty looking althou there is stuff under it. The pile of stuff in the living room or whatever that is I cannot figure out but i didnt try either.
I have four and they can trash a house in days completely. They drop food and leave it spill stuff and pretend to clean it with whatever is close or hid it. If i pulled 2 of my kids beds out i might be able to recreate to laundry room photo. My husband helps me clean all the time we both work full time (Ihave the best hubby) If it wasnt for him and his amazing help our house would be crazy. My kids will throw trash bags out of the back door so they dont have to take it out. Yes they get in trouble but they still do it, better later then now they say. I cannot even pretend it would be easy alone with 7 of the boogers.

ETA maybe the womans mother did all the cleaning come to think of it.

when i starting posting I was current I guess i got behind .. it is my KIDS fault..lol yeah thats right I am blaming my kids...

When my house gets to the point where it needs a good cleaning I always say "my house is filthy." Well, I'll never say that again...actually my house has never been filthy...a bit strowed maybe and well lived in, but never filthy. I have 7 kids still at home and I can attest to the mountain of laundry but my kids each have a hamper and 5 of them do their own laundry twice a week. They also do nightly chores after dinner by doing the dishes and taking out the trash and if I ever saw my kitchen sink looking like the one in the picture my kids would think I'd lost my ever lovin' mind.
I guess what I'm trying to say is with some training of her children, some structure, an assigned chore list and enforcement of chores and responsibilities, her house would have never gotten to this point.
Hopefully CPS can put supports in the home and help this girl out with her brood and her housekeeping skills. BTW...they mentioned flies but not roaches...you'd think in that mess there would be roaches all over the place...that right there tells me the house has not been in this condition for a long period of time. JMO

BTW my ex-daughter-in law was turned into CPS because her house was as bad as this woman's and CPS said "it isn't against the law to live in filth." Go figure.

Hey Everyone! I just cleaned up a bunch of posts that reflected arguing in this thread!

Don't argue! Everyone has an opinion and they are entitled to it! Don't argue with them or try to change their mind! Leave them alone!

Discuss the situation, make your comments. However, if you use the word "you" in your post - DOUBLE CHECK IT before you hit send. Attacking, arguing or belittling each other because they see things differently than you do is not allowed.

Thank you,

Salem

I had a friend that her house would look like that in just one week, yes I said one week and she only had 1 child. She never learned how to clean, grew up with a maid ...I had to teach her how to clean do laundry you name it. CPS was going to take her infant away because of the same reasons, but I stuck with her and taught her until she got it because she was a good mother. She had no family around to support her and dad worked full time and was a pig himself ...

This woman is showing an effort to get the house cleaned up, to me it shows she cares. IMO she needs alot of help, mentally among other things.
She sounds like she has a hearing problem or may have a learning disability of some sort, I don't think CPS should take the kids away permantley if she can show she will keep it up and care for them.
I have 3 kids of my own and it is hard to keep up with them I can't imagine 7 and being a single mom, talk about overwhelming and then her mother's issuses to boot.

I am making no excuses for her no child should live in that. My biggest problem is if she is bar hopping and leaving the kids at home alone and using drugs to boot. She did not look like a meth addict to me...I certainly would like to know where all the baby daddys are for the kids....Hopefully someone will step in and give her a hand up as I did for my friend "until she gets it "...it may and may not help

its against the law to be at a bar while your kids have no babysitter/a no good babysitter

This is my home town. It's small and in a county with the worst unemployment rates in the whole state. This woman is a fruit loop and needs a LOT of supervision if/when she gets the kids back. Lots and lots of really down and out people here, can't "compete" in the complex greater world due to disability, mental illness and drug problems. There are a lot of houses around here that look as bad or worse, imagine what is going on inside the rest of them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back