WA WA - Lena Lang, 35, Olympic NP, Crescent Lake 27 MAY 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by doublestop, May 29, 2019.

1. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

I tried googling her name to see if any more info would come up, but after three pages of mainly NSFW links (likely unrelated to this missing person) I gave up.

2. DissociativeFugue

DissociativeFugue Well-Known Member

Meh. Well, thanks for trying! I’m gonna do some digging.

amayla and bears10 like this.
  3. Catmammy

Catmammy Opinionated and Owning It

Delete - inappropriate. May she be recovered soon.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  4. amayla

amayla Well-Known Member

I couldn’t find this thread with her name added. I was hoping it was over in the located forum. It’s strange how little info is available.

bears10 likes this.
  5. Stevenbrrss

Stevenbrrss Member

This is a picture of Lena. She’s one of my coworkers. We haven’t heard anything either

Attached Files:

JudgeJoe, Hazelnutty, LadyL and 36 others like this.
  6. sasha17

sasha17 Curiouser & curiouser

So the unicorn float is also still missing? Weird. Maybe she (and the float) got out of the water and walked away somewhere? JMO.

7. Stevenbrrss

Stevenbrrss Member

Yeah, the floatie is missing too. That was my thought. And we aren't sure who the friend is that she was with.

8. DissociativeFugue

Wow. Sorry to hear about Lena. Very confused about this. Is the general thought that she is “lost at sea” in the lake? Also, thanks for providing a photo of Lena! It helps to put a face to a name. Wishing the best for her & hoping for her safe return!

9. DissociativeFugue

Any locals familiar with this lake? Is it dangerous in any way or calm? Are there little islands in it? Is it relatively big? Is swimming popular there?

Steelslady, TatianaBarbie and amayla like this.
  10. Stevenbrrss

Stevenbrrss Member

Thanks! It is confusing. We don't know but in my opinion, no evidence of a floatie means she could've made it to shore. The area around is heavily forested. It's a fairly long and skinny lake but its glacier water so its very cold, and deep. Water is very clear, not sure how calm

11. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

The float probably popped and is separated from her. Those types of floats are not durable in pools, let alone real bodies of water. Praying she turns up safe.

12. sasha17

I haven't been there in years but know that in the past, it was (is?) a popular spot for fishing, boating, swimming. But it's a very cold, deep lake so I'd be surprised if many people were swimming in it at this time of year. It's about 12 miles long.

Lake Crescent - Wikipedia

There is a popular local story about a missing woman who was found in the lake. She was called Lady of the Lake. Lady of the Lake - HistoryLink.org

13. DissociativeFugue

@sasha17 & @Stevenbrrss: Thanks for the input about the lake. Interesting. Twelve miles is pretty big. I’m hoping she somehow made it to the forest for unknown reasons and will be found soon.

Did she know how to swim?

14. Alexsea

Alexsea Well-Known Member

15. Stevenbrrss

Stevenbrrss Member

Not sure, but problem is since its so cold, your body gets tired very quickly

16. sasha17

This article says she entered the lake at mile post 225. Here's a Google Street View of that location:

[​IMG]

Here is a link to the spot on the map if you want to "drive" around and check it out for yourself: Google Maps

As you can see, there's no beach there, no parking lot, no park or any other real reason to stop there. I wonder why she and the friend chose this location. It's about 2.5 hours from Federal Way, where she lives, to this spot at the lake. There are many lakes and beaches much closer to Federal Way. I wish there was more information from the friend she was with about why they were so far away and why they chose this (to me) unusual spot to stop and get in the water.

17. Alexsea

I tried to do a screen grab of the Google Maps Streetview of MP 225 of Hwy 101, which is where the PDN article says she entered the lake. Not sure if this will work.

Attached Files:

18. Alexsea

Great minds and all! I just posted the view of the water from this spot. I agree it's an odd place to stop. There are other places along the lake with actual parking.

19. Stevenbrrss

Stevenbrrss Member

I think the 225 may just refer to where they physically got in the water. But the parking lot and camp ground is at like 229

LadyL, TatianaBarbie, Lilibet and 5 others like this.
  20. Penny4YourThoughts

Penny4YourThoughts Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the photo - and for joining Websleuths. Please stick around...WS is a very caring, victim-friendly group of humans drawn to this thread to lend support in finding Lena.