WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mother of friend who was the last to see Lindsey's last name is mispelled by media it starts with a K not a C. I did a check through veromi.

She has Lindsey as a friend on her myspace (for those that sleuth myspace): http://www.myspace.com/224168248

Mother of friend who was the last to see Lindsey's last name is mispelled by media it starts with a K not a C. I did a check through veromi.

She has Lindsey as a friend on her myspace (for those that sleuth myspace): http://www.myspace.com/224168248

That is weird that she said on SM that the girls were not allowed to be on
myspace yet she has her own daughter added as a friend as of 4/20/2009!
(I think fistey is her daughter not Lindsey)

Here is the quote of her from SM:
"Both girls are not suppose to be accessing Myspace but as of yet that is one site that has not been blocked
from all public library computers or all of their friends homes."

I read more online and other forums about Lindsey B.

There are two versions of the brother and his walking her.
1. He walks her to the friend's.
2. He was said to be arguing with her right before she disappeared, which
seems like he saw her after 9pm.

Does that mean he did meet her on the way home?
Lindsey was glad her brother was going to juvie. Why?
Had he been making trouble at home? Mom was upset?
Or was he mean to Lindsey?
I don't know.
But something sure is off about this whole thing.

Are the police sure the friend walked her halfway home?
Because the friend's scent and then Lindsey's scent would be
there on the way home, for the dogs to find.
And
the dogs found no scent of Lindsey.

I agree with another poster about why didn't Lindsey's mom call
over to friend's house to see if it was okay for Lindsey to stay over?
Or why didn't Lindsay call home and ask for her brother to come meet her?
She supposedly leaves for home at 9:15p.m., mom calls police at 11p.m.
Okay, how long are you going to wait for a 10 yr old child to come
home if they left for home at 9;15p.m.?

I guess I don't know what I would do in those circumstances. Would I
wait a little longer, thinking she would be coming any minute? Or
would I be calling the police right away?

Lindsey also said on my space that she was afraid something bad would happen to her, that she was having nightmares.
A 10 year old that afraid? Was a neighbor bothering her? One of her brother's friends?

This is not looking good.

That is weird that she said on SM that the girls were not allowed to be on
myspace yet she has her own daughter added as a friend as of 4/20/2009!
(I think fistey is her daughter not Lindsey)

Here is the quote of her from SM:
"Both girls are not suppose to be accessing Myspace but as of yet that is one site that has not been blocked
from all public library computers or all of their friends homes."

Fiesty is lindsey - if you click on the pic in ms it has her name on the picture:)

Dreamweaver, did you say that Lindsey's mom or her friends' mom said she wasn't allowed to use myspace?
Oh wait was that you or another poster lol?
I'm sorry i'll go back and look after i'm doing w/ this post.
I wonder what her mom thought when they found her myspace page and her saying she was afraid that something bad was gonna happen. :(
That statement is so telling....and scary....:(
WAS someone threatening her....like you said?
Who was it?
Did she talk to any of her friends about it?
I mean she posted about it on myspace.....she must have talked to someone about it right?
I haven't really looked at her page yet...did she have alot of friends on there?
I wonder how many of them are on their w/out their parents knowing and will be in trouble now.
Has LE said anything about questioning her friends?
I wish we knew more!
What is going on right now?????
*sigh*

http://www.terrificpets.com/articles/10277365.asp

The link above is about blood hounds and how they never give up on a scent! They will even follow a scent up a tree...so how is it they could find NO scent of Lindsey? It's fact she was at her friend's house...fact that a friend walked her 1/2 way home??? Even if Lindsey turned around and walked the other way, there should be a scent. How about when leaving the home? My good gosh, how is it that the hounds have no scent of this child???

Just to clarify....

fistey is Lindsey's friend -- the daughter of Kara. Both live at the house she was last seen at. fistey changed her profile picture to Lindsey's pic the day after she went missing. Lindsey has two myspace profiles under these monikers: Twilight Freak and Disturbed. Neither have her picture as the main user pic.

Okay, I'm going to give this in simplified form, this is what I was working on last night.

This case, although the FBI and others are involved, hasn't gotten to huge proportions as far as the media is concerned. Most people have no idea that this kid exists. We are also not talking an urban area where wveryone has cable. It's mostly word of mouth and print media.
If you were to get away from McCleary, I have a feeling you stop hearing about her.
I think she is fine, I think she basically ran away. Now, I don't know to whose house, not for sure. But I am convinced that the person logging into her MySpaces is her. She seemed seretive about the Twilight Freak profile. Very few friends, and only one in the social circle that I have been able to pin down as her normal group of frineds. We wil call this girl J. J is linked to a few other girls that I have determined are her friends, one in particluar that I call K. The night she disappeared, K was spending the night with a girl called M. The next day, in the afternoon, J and K both updated their Myspaces, nothing about Lindsey being missing. I have not been able to find M on Myspace, which says to me that she is definitely outside the normal circle of friends.

I really think that when LE identifies M, they will find Lindsey. I could be wrong, but taking a step back and looking at the case without thinking about the other tragedies of late, I see a kid that just ran away. I know she is young, but a lot of it is mentality. She does not have the mentality of a 10 year old. Not to mention, there seems to be a lack of direct supervision, which would make it easier to hide out with a friend or keep moving between friends houses. It is summer, lots of kids are hardly seen in their own houses in the summer.
As of yesterday, J updated her Myspace with a pic of Lindsey and changed her mood to sad, but her banner has not been changed, nor is there any further mention of her missing friend. I think that's because J knows where she is or at least has a pretty good idea.

This is what I was trying to put in order to make clear last night. That was a little difficult, because with all the minors involved, I couldn't actually post most of what I was looking at. I sent off an email this morning with all of the various links and names and such this morning. After sleep I was able to make it make sense.

Believe the email made more sense than the explanation above, but it's really hard with kids this age to make the connections. One of the girls has no fewer than 6 different accounts.

Thanks for clarifying that you all. I don't usually use myspace as a tool, unless it's just to get a feel for a victim or perp.

Look carefully, Fistey is the girl I refer to as J above. The pic and mood were changed yesterday. Fistey is not Lindsey.

Look carefully, Fistey is the girl I refer to as J above. The pic and mood were changed yesterday. Fistey is not Lindsey.

OOO..I was just automatically thinking that Fistey would be "K". LOL

That is so odd about the bloodhounds finding no scent of her and it has to mean there is something they are not telling us.

I wish we had a local there. I'll PM Coldcaseman when I get back this afternoon to see if he knows anything as he is within miles of McCleary I believe.

{Edited to new post!}

xox

I have the same questions...if the dogs had the scent and lost it one would consider that a car picked her up or she was swooped up by someone and carried. If the dogs never had her scent...that would be strange wouldn't it?

We need more info on these dogs. So far everything we have read seems to make it more confusing then ever.

If Lindsey walked to the friend's house, regardless of if she walked back, the dogs should have been able to pick up her scent. If she did walk part way back, her scent would have been even stronger, so the dogs should have picked it up. It is my opinion that the dogs picked up scent and then lost it. That OR nothing we are hearing is true. I hate to believe that! So... if we could find out where the dogs lost the scent, it would be helpful.

If she has not been found near the road where she was walking, then that means she left the road - either took a short cut, got in a car or ?? what? I don't know. I would like to see some independent varification of some of the things we are hearing. Both the friend's mom and dad have taken responsibility for asking Lindsey to leave. Which one was it really? Who was the friend that walked her part way home? or is that even true? Did the dogs pick up the scent of the friend?

:confused::confused:

Salem

We need more info on these dogs. So far everything we have read seems to make it more confusing then ever.

If Lindsey walked to the friend's house, regardless of if she walked back, the dogs should have been able to pick up her scent. If she did walk part way back, her scent would have been even stronger, so the dogs should have picked it up. It is my opinion that the dogs picked up scent and then lost it. That OR nothing we are hearing is true. I hate to believe that! So... if we could find out where the dogs lost the scent, it would be helpful.

If she has not been found near the road where she was walking, then that means she left the road - either took a short cut, got in a car or ?? what? I don't know. I would like to see some independent varification of some of the things we are hearing. Both the friend's mom and dad have taken responsibility for asking Lindsey to leave. Which one was it really? Who was the friend that walked her part way home? or is that even true? Did the dogs pick up the scent of the friend?

:confused::confused:

Salem

Salem: I put up a link on post 86 about blood hounds...that's what the papers said they used. Those dogs are relentless and brilliant in sniffing out scents.

I wonder if the bloodhounds could follow Lindsey's scent if she got on a bike? Certainly the hounds would pick up her scent in the house or as she left the house. If she was yanked into a car or picked up off the walk the dogs would have her scent...why not? But what if she was riding a bike?

Maybe mom and dad reminded Lindsey she needed to leave 'cause it would be dark soon.

I guess I would be considered local, not from McCleary, but from Elma. I have lived here for most of my life. I don't think we really know much more here than you. I came on here to find out more. Having been seriously misquoted by the local paper in the past, I try not to dissect quotes too much. I don't know Lindsey or her family personally, but I know people who do. We are all hoping she is just a runaway and is found soon.

Also... If you look under the Photo Albums for fistey, one of the albums is named "M" the same name we heard about early on...but it's pictures of dogs.... anyone else catch that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle