WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to be o/t but i need to find out is someone has ever gotten a divorce for my mccleary informant lol...does anyone know of a free site that i can go to to get that info?

Hello everyone.

O/T: My 9 year old stepdaughter was raped by a convicted sex offender in Poplar Bluffs MO, last night. The reason that he was able to get close to her was that although he was convicted of similar crimes in the past, he was not required to register until his 18th birthday and he's only 17. So he basically got a free pass. Thank you MO lawmakers for making this possible.
It never ends.

I am so sorry this happened to your family NMK. I was born and raised in Springfield, MO and have been to Poplar Bluff several times. To say the least, my experience in that neck of the woods has been that there are some very unsavory characters.

If you are old enough to commit a sex crime then you are old enough to be registered as a sex offender.

O/T again: For those wondering this is the link to the man that raped my stepdaughter.
https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/header.do

Still no media on it, that I can find, which might be a good thing...not sure yet.

Turns out it was the 28th, not last night. I couldn't fully understand her on the phone. She said that it "Just happened" but to a 9 year old, 2 days ago is just happened. He was a guest at the next door neighbor's house and apparently they all knew what he was and didn't care. Can you believe that he did this the first time in April? I hope after they close that cell, they lose the keys.

Okay I'm done now, gonna contact a mod and see if I have enough to start a thread in crimes.

Actually, I have to go through and figure out what's up with the court records, because I was on the phone when the cops showed up there last night...kinda lost, unless there's something that her mother isn't telling us...which is a very good possibility.

sorry to be o/t but i need to find out is someone has ever gotten a divorce for my mccleary informant lol...does anyone know of a free site that i can go to to get that info?

Sometimes you can find info here (if in Washington State):

http://dw.courts.wa.gov/index.cfm?fa=home.namesearch&terms=accept&flashform=0

Other records (some, not complete) can be found here (marriage, etc. - not divorce as far as I know):

http://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov/

I hope this helps! :blowkiss:

O/T again: For those wondering this is the link to the man that raped my stepdaughter.

Still no media on it, that I can find, which might be a good thing...not sure yet.

Turns out it was the 28th, not last night. I couldn't fully understand her on the phone. She said that it "Just happened" but to a 9 year old, 2 days ago is just happened. He was a guest at the next door neighbor's house and apparently they all knew what he was and didn't care. Can you believe that he did this the first time in April? I hope after they close that cell, they lose the keys.

Okay I'm done now, gonna contact a mod and see if I have enough to start a thread in crimes.

Actually, I have to go through and figure out what's up with the court records, because I was on the phone when the cops showed up there last night...kinda lost, unless there's something that her mother isn't telling us...which is a very good possibility.

NMK, the link said we need a case number...

NMK, if you want to start a stepmom thread in the Jury Room, I think that would be a good idea. I was a SM with crime issues with a stepson and would be happy to contribute. :blowkiss:

This one was taken in a store when the police department took underpriviledged (?) children on a shopping spree, IIRC. They gave them each $100 to spend. The photo was shown with the article and is also on her website.

Please tell me that they didn't list her name when the article ran...sometimes that's all it takes to draw a sickos attention. I would hate to think that an act of goodwill set Lindsey up, but you never know.
Personally, I think that she was a victim of opportunity, but anything is possible.

This one was taken in a store when the police department took underpriviledged (?) children on a shopping spree, IIRC. They gave them each $100 to spend. The photo was shown with the article and is also on her website.

Got it. Thanks.

Please tell me that they didn't list her name when the article ran...sometimes that's all it takes to draw a sickos attention. I would hate to think that an act of goodwill set Lindsey up, but you never know.
Personally, I think that she was a victim of opportunity, but anything is possible.
I didn't see the original article so I don't know. I was talking about the article after she went missing which showed this photo.

I would like to know if any of the officers paid particular attention to her that day tho.

I didn't see the original article so I don't know. I was talking about the article after she went missing which showed this photo.

I would like to know if any of the officers paid particular attention to her that day tho.

Oh okay, got it now. I'm a little slow today.

Any idea how she got this gift? Did she have to be nominated, was it random, did her mom sign her up? I know it probably doesn't matter, but if she had to be nominated, I would like to know who signed her up.

Oh okay, got it now. I'm a little slow today.

Any idea how she got this gift? Did she have to be nominated, was it random, did her mom sign her up? I know it probably doesn't matter, but if she had to be nominated, I would like to know who signed her up.
The children are nominated by their teachers from schools throughout the county. The child is assigned an officer when they show up for the pancake breakfast. It is usually an officer who works their town or area. The photo and her name weren't published in the media until after she disappeared. If anyone suspects the photographer as having something to do with the disappearance, I was the one who took the photo. I've been photographing the event for 10 years, even when I was working for the Sheriff's Dept. There were about 60 kids there, and I try to get several pics of each.

The children are nominated by their teachers from schools throughout the county. The child is assigned an officer when they show up for the pancake breakfast. It is usually an officer who works their town or area. The photo and her name weren't published in the media until after she disappeared. If anyone suspects the photographer as having something to do with the disappearance, I was the one who took the photo. I've been photographing the event for 10 years, even when I was working for the Sheriff's Dept. There were about 60 kids there, and I try to get several pics of each.
Thank you for stepping forward, CCM. You are a respected member of WS and it is good to know you were the one taking the photo of Lindsey. It is a wonderful cause and I applaud all the officers for taking time to help these children. I bet you have gotten some great smiles from those children in photos. :) It is an excellent photo of Lindsey. Good job!

I hope you can understand why we are asking questions about the officers in McCleary and have them on our radar. There are too many unanswered questions surrounding the disappearance of Lindsey and we are searching for anyone who came into contact with her. We know her mother said that all of the officers knew Lindsey and her brother. We also know that Lindsey spent a lot of time around the area of the PD.

I don't quite know what to say about this NMK, what a terrible tragedy and I cannot imagine the depth of both anger and sorrow. Hopefully this particular case may lead to a thorough reconsideration of registration of SO's in MO. A few years difference should not determine registration policy, imo, the simple fact that an individual has committed the felony itself should determine registration, no matter what. Clearly if any individual commits such criminal activity they have proven that they have an inherent potential to offend again, regardless of whether or not they are 17 or even younger.

I had to read your post a few times for it to sink in that this was an actual reality. I wish strength to all of your loved ones.

I echo SS's response to your post. And many thanks for your committment to these kids. :clap:

I have one personal request to the locals concerning the individual who was posting "lost dog" posters around town.

Do any of these posters remain on telephone poles and, if so, is the individual's name and phone number provided (I would think that at least a phone number would be supplied).

I have not found a post related to this and would be interested in any information related to that. It would also be nice to have a description of this individual, if the dog was actually found, and what MB meant by this being a "legit" appeal to find a dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard