WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm baffled too. The person whose house was searched seemed to be very involved in the search effort and posting on crime boards.

Does WA have a 3 strikes law? If so, maybe they can keep him for a while now. I would think he would have to register before they let him out, right? So then what? He gets out and moves so LE won't know where he is? I think that is pretty hinky. LE must think so too, because they keep picking him up.

This is an interesting piece of info and makes for some good speculation, in my opinion.

Salem

Washington State seems to play by their own rules when it comes to the 3 strike rule.

Hopefully this will keep this man in jail for awhile. No wonder they re offend.. they know nothing is going to happen to them.
Seriously frustrating!

What makes this case different from other cases here is supposedly one family member is also a member here. We aren't allowed to discuss members or their families. So this adds more to the issue instead of it being just the media not naming the POI and the reason the topic isn't open yet.

Thankfully, we have not run across this issue in the past that I recall. It is a sticky situation. I think we are setting a good precedent here. We have been fair and have tried to treat this situation with as much finesse as possible.

Tomorrow, we can break it wide open and go forward with this case finally.

SS - yep you are right. My post is gone regarding whose house was searched. Didn't mean to cross the line! Haven't been in this situation before.

I believe DG is the POI.

That's what it seems like jvk. I'm really shocked someone so young could pull this kind of crime off without leaving witnesses or clues. He is 23yo - right? What would be the motive?

Do not want to confuse things further but...
The properties that were searched are owned by a woman. She is listed as the owner on the property info from the county site for both.

Your right! She is listed on county records...but on a background check - DG comes up as the owner on at least two profiles...I'm sure it's a mistake but that may be why the media referred to "he" as being the owner. Apparently he is married to TG.

What makes this case different from other cases here is supposedly one family member is also a member here. We aren't allowed to discuss members or their families. So this adds more to the issue instead of it being just the media not naming the POI and the reason the topic isn't open yet.

Thankfully, we have not run across this issue in the past that I recall. It is a sticky situation. I think we are setting a good precedent here. We have been fair and have tried to treat this situation with as much finesse as possible.

Tomorrow, we can break it wide open and go forward with this case finally.

I know you are right in that and feel the same way. I knew a member of the family had belonged here before but was not aware she is still a member.

In light of that I feel it only reasonable that her ID be disclosed to the body of membership here. It might change the way someone posts or even what questions they pose to the group. We are both kind and yet stalwart here in our Sleuthing and still feel it is appropriate to know who we are posting to if they are in the family of the POI. xox

That's what it seems like jvk. I'm really shocked someone so young could pull this kind of crime off without leaving witnesses or clues. He is 23yo - right? What would be the motive?
My guess is that it was a sexual assault ending in her death either by accident or murder. Even if he turns out not to be the POI or the perp, I still see no other reason for this abduction.

I know you are right in that and feel the same way. I knew a member of the family had belonged here before but was not aware she is still a member.

In light of that I feel it only reasonable that her ID be disclosed to the body of membership here. It might change the way someone posts or even what questions they pose to the group. We are both kind and yet stalwart here in our Sleuthing and still feel it is appropriate to know who we are posting to if they are in the family of the POI. xox
It will be up to Admin to disclose a member's online name. I am not touching it with a ten foot pole. However, I agree it should be done after everything is made public tomorrow.

This issue of members being involved in cases is not only occurring here, but on the Caylee threads as well. I'm going to ask admin to give us an easy guideline to follow so we know exactly what we can and cannot discuss. I'm sure there could be legal ramifications to what is happening, as well as the issue of muddying up investigations. I'll let you know what I find out.

http://www.timesoftheinternet.com/115109.html

Wash. man threatened after girl disappears

MCCLEARY, Wash., Sept. 30 (UPI) --
A family in Washington state says their son has unfairly become the town scapegoat in the disappearance of an 11-year-old girl.

Land belonging to the family was searched over the weekend, but there was no trace of Lindsay Baum, who vanished three months ago in rural McCleary, Wash.

The family, whose name was not released, told KOMO-TV in Seattle that their 23-year-old son has been receiving death threats.

They insisted the young man was home at the time Lindsay vanished.

KOMO said the FBI likely turned their attention on him because he worked at a retirement home on the street where the missing girl was last seen.

Your right! She is listed on county records...but on a background check - DG comes up as the owner on at least two profiles...I'm sure it's a mistake but that may be why the media referred to "he" as being the owner. Apparently he is married to TG.

I see her name listed on the property owners records as ET AL, I posted that question pages ago ... I guess there could be many reasons for not wanting names listed, but it is a little unusual.

It will be up to Admin to disclose a member's online name. I am not touching it with a ten foot pole. However, I agree it should be done after everything is made public tomorrow.

Ok I am gonna ask a doozy ... After all has become public. Will we also be discussing whether or not this person was fishing or attempting to deflect? Sorry, but that's the red letter question in my mind.

Okay, I think we've got it, but if Mod can verify this I'd love it!

From now on, we need to dismiss any idea that a WS member might be involved in this case. Just put it out of your mind completely.

When a POI is officially named, we can discuss the POI. That's it. Do not discuss any posts of any other members that might make you think they are the POI or that they might even know the POI. Period. Done deal.

Ok I am gonna ask a doozy ... After all has become public. Will we also be discussing whether or not this person was fishing or attempting to deflect? Sorry, but that's the red letter question in my mind.

No, that will not be discussed and I was advised that it cannot even be in PM land either.

ETA: Actually, this makes perfect sense on a million levels. What if there was a rumor that I am POI and a bunch of my friends here were saying that behind my back and it was wrong? That's just one of three major reasons I think its a good rule.

what an excellent question!! One person comes to mind immediately and I hope we never have to watch diversion again...if that's what is was! Thanks for asking.

No, that will not be discussed and I was advised that it cannot even be in PM land either.

ETA: Actually, this makes perfect sense on a million levels. What if there was a rumor that I am POI and a bunch of my friends here were saying that behind my back and it was wrong? That's just one of three major reasons I think its a good rule.

Hmmmm That must be a new rule as PM's are private and not even accessible by Admin! But yes, we need to abide with the rules.

Maybe I'm confused Kimster - but unless the person actually told us he/she was a POI, how would we know who that person really is? People can be whomever they wish on a blog - a POI or an uncle of the POI...What am I missing? How does anyone know someone in the family is posting? Did they say so? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend