WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
:dance:We have never heard those words before! "I don't want to shut the stove off when we've got something cooking" Sounds like a few are putting together a feast of facts

Hi Kagey, I have thought of this post of yours many times in the last week so had to come back and comment on it. Thanks for bringing his comment to the forefront.

It certainly stirs up hope in the down home, colloquial way it was stated that something is alive and well in the investigation IMO. Let it be the reason the combined LE forces are still hard at it when we least expected it.

I keep telling myself they just have to know something that fits in the case. They are finally hinting to the public there is something 'cooking'. They want the public to know that IMO. Maybe they are very close to proving something and the powers that be have decided it is time to rattle a cage! I am the supreme optimist and will stay positive for Lindsey's sake. xox

jgk10414, the McCleary towns folk haven't been 'questioned relentlessly since last July' (quite the opposite actually).. that guy (not going to share his name although I know it) is just a tad on the bizarre side and he'd probably act that way if you asked him for his ID to buy a beer.

Hi Jennifer, Was that the same guy that Lindsey was said to befriend, her bringing him cookies when she and her brother would camp overnight in the woods somewhere up behind the Simpson Mill property? And then remember Jvk who encountered 'Mark', the loner who knew the local gossip in town and wandered thru the town sipping on his beer?

Every small town has someone like this I suspect. We had a guy just like 'Mark' in Depoe Bay. Or {1,500 pop then} and everyone thought he was just a harmless oddball and let him do his thing. xox

9 months this Friday.

Where are you Lindsey???

thinking of you today Lindsey.....i always check to see if there are any updates...*sigh*

I really hope this is the calm before the storm....

Waiting for you to come home Lindsey.....
Your family loves and needs you.....
I live on the other side of the continent and I worry and care so much for you....

checking for updates as well, where are you Lindsey. I wish we would hear something....

It will be nine months this Friday since you have entered our lives - your loved ones miss you and we, here at WS, are aching in our hearts for your return. Where are you little girl. :blowkiss:

checking on you sweetie!

Nine months today!!! Card Team Bring Lindsey Home!!!

To those who have heard about Somer Renee Thompson, missing since Oct 2009, LE has now made an arrest.

Reading up on it on the WS threads, one of the posts which would be very applicable to Lindsey's disappearance. I have never heard this before but it apparently has strong, legitimate research behind it:

http://news.discovery.com/human/arrest-in-girls-murder-highlights-sex-offender-myth.html

Many around the world are praying and hoping for you to safely come home Lindsey.

I'm feeling very confident that this case will be solved.

To those who have heard about Somer Renee Thompson, missing since Oct 2009, LE has now made an arrest.

Reading up on it on the WS threads, one of the posts which would be very applicable to Lindsey's disappearance. I have never heard this before but it apparently has strong, legitimate research behind it:

http://news.discovery.com/human/arrest-in-girls-murder-highlights-sex-offender-myth.html

Many around the world are praying and hoping for you to safely come home Lindsey.

I'm feeling very confident that this case will be solved.

Hi Jgk, Thanks for that great article as it pointed out several strident points on the profiling of a child abductor. Working his way up the ladder of sexual crimes but not really on the radar yet for various reasons.

I read this other great article tonight where an investigator {don't know his real LE capacity} spoke of a gut feeling about someone they are looking at. WOWSERS, that said allot to me interpreting it as I did:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/88224357.html

"Sources: Persons of interest ID'd in girl's disappearance

by KOMO Staff & ABC News

McCLEARY, Wash. -- A renewed investigative effort in the search for a 10-year-old girl who vanished last year has identified a dozen persons of interest, law enforcement sources told ABC News.

Nightline reporters were given behind-the-scenes access to the FBI's Child Abduction Rapid Deployment (CARD) team, which has been leading the search for Lindsey Baum.

Snipped

The investigators are also interviewing most of the people in the town, hoping for new leads and watching for unease.

"We're looking for the whole picture, but there are sometimes when you get a gut reaction or gut feeling about a certain individual or their reaction to your questioning," sheriff's Det. Keith Peterson said". {more @ link}

That gut feeling coming from LE is what gets cases solved IMO I think it gives the detective/investigator something to hone in on that makes sense - just clicks in the case. Believe me, there had to be something LE put together, or had gut feelings about, to spark the case recently, a huge spike on LE's part. So different than before for one thing where they hardly said anything. Now they are talking to the public. There's some strategy at work that I would think is for a very good reason and it energizes me, knowing allot is going on as we speak. I have this feeling they are looking at someone in particular, just IMO from what I have read. If not, I think they want the unsub to get the thought he could well be on their radar. Hopefully so.

It reminded me of a retired Grays Sheriff's Dept detective who said a similar thing while trying to nail what he thought was a local serial killer during his career. The article is cached, but is from the Seattle Times 02/09/2006 {no link I can find}

""You have a county of 1,911 square miles, and only two unsolved murders involving women on the same three-mile logging road," he said.

In the barn that cold March night in 1999, Youmans' old suspicions were aroused.

"The idea that all three of them were tied together was just a gut feeling I had at that point," he said.

Youmans combed through the files on McCollum and Leighton and began researching Gerard".

BTW, he did nail Gerard for one of the murders, following thru with his gut

I so agree with you Jgk that there will be resolve in Lindsey's case, Ya Ya!

xox to all

Thanks for that article scandi - The upbeat rhetoric LE is using has been missing from the Lindsey case and so good to hear.

~~sipped from above~~
by KOMO Staff & ABC News

McCLEARY, Wash. -- A renewed investigative effort in the search for a 10-year-old girl who vanished last year has identified a dozen persons of interest, law enforcement sources told ABC News.
~snip~
A DOZEN PERSONS OF INTEREST? That's amazing! They go from 0 to 12? This is awesome and hope to see an arrest not far away. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member