WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Lindsey was near the Shell station when last seen - the woman reported seeing Lindsey on her way to work, about 3/4 of the way home. Does your map have that? by the way - great map...thanks!

I think they specifically said "between 5th and 6th St on Maple" but at the same time they said "3/4 of the way home." Maybe they meant "3/4 of the way from home."

I'm concerned because to me it seems that it was habit for Lindsey to walk this route frequently. Anybody could know her route just by taking note each time they saw her walking either alone or with friends. I know of numerous cases where people have been abducted and these women did the same routine pretty much everyday. Same route to go jogging , same route driving etc...People that are up to no good pay attention to these details, they stalk.
She very well could have gotten in the car with anybody nice who offered her a ride home. Kids dont just fall off the face of the earth and if she was with some friend hiding out she would have surfaced by now.

I agree, the 'last seen' has been a bit confusing. I was going by the previous map made.

I wish we could get one of our WS's here to go to these news conference's to get the answers we need and report them correctly...it sure would help ..lol

NG is going to cover the case tonight! Let's hope it's more than 10 minutes this time. I've heard enough about MJ leave his news to the tabloids & TMZ to cover & get back to the missing NG, Issues & Prime News!!! :furious:

:angel:

NG is going to be talking about Lindsey.....after she goes over todays happenings in the MJ saga. ~sigh~

I'm posting this link again on this thread because it gives a detailed account reported by Undersheriff Scott.

http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/06/30/local_news/doc4a4a53f8addf4694664243.txt

snipped from article:
Scott said detectives have received one key tip. Shortly before the girl disappeared, there was a sighting of her by a neighbor who was heading to work.

Lindsey was leaving a friend’s house about four blocks away between 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Friday, traveling from Maple Street to Mommsen Road. Scott said a neighbor spotted her “two-thirds of the way home,” still on Maple Street.

“We have her coming back from the residence alone consistent with the friend and friend’s family,” Scott said. “We cannot put her to the main street here or to the street in front of her house. This wasn’t somebody who said she saw someone who looks like (Lindsey) or might have been; she was very confident it was Lindsey because she knew her and was on her way to work.”

The “main street” is South 3rd Street and it is a busy thoroughfare near City Hall, connecting to freeways in multiple directions. The police station is within sight of the intersection. The street requires a crosswalk and pedestrian control walking signals. On Friday, the streets were lighted. The sun was still out.

There is a Shell gas station at the intersection and a bus station with a bench that looked like it was in regular use at least on Monday. Scott said video surveillance at the Shell station are being reviewed.

uote:
Originally Posted by scandi
It is just a thought but that post got me thinking. Why would anyone write a post like that unless they just had to bare their soul. Sorry as this post is a bit over the top, but am trying to think about a scenario that would make sense. xoxox

That poster's username is mlachester. I've been trying to decipher the name. The first thing that popped in my head is Melissa Chester or perhaps Melissa in Chester. Do either of those names ring a bell for anyone?

I wish we could get one of our WS's here to go to these news conference's to get the answers we need and report them correctly...it sure would help ..lol

Maybe TakeNote can make it one of them! :wink:
I hope she is able to get her husband to at least take the car ride to take photos & video of the area. That is so sweet of her to want do this for all of us. She has also expressed that she wanted to go help search. :hug:'s to TakeNote!

I'm wondering if TES has been notified of this case & if Tim is able to make it there to help out. I know he is such a busy guy & that is sad that we have soooo many missing in this world. I feel the quicker he would be able to go help, the better it is for him to aide in a search.

Bless his heart for all that he does for so many. :blowkiss:'s to Tim & TES volunteers!

I'm posting this link again on this thread because it gives a detailed account reported by Undersheriff Scott.

http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/06/30/local_news/doc4a4a53f8addf4694664243.txt

snipped from article:

Lindsey was leaving a friend’s house about four blocks away between 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Friday, traveling from Maple Street to Mommsen Road. Scott said a neighbor spotted her “two-thirds of the way home,” still on Maple Street.
“We have her coming back from the residence alone consistent with the friend and friend’s family,” Scott said. “We cannot put her to the main street here or to the street in front of her house. This wasn’t somebody who said she saw someone who looks like (Lindsey) or might have been; she was very confident it was Lindsey because she knew her and was on her way to work.”

The “main street” is South 3rd Street and it is a busy thoroughfare near City Hall, connecting to freeways in multiple directions. The police station is within sight of the intersection. The street requires a crosswalk and pedestrian control walking signals. On Friday, the streets were lighted. The sun was still out.

There is a Shell gas station at the intersection and a bus station with a bench that looked like it was in regular use at least on Monday. Scott said video surveillance at the Shell station are being reviewed.

Do we maybe have her home address wrong? According to the map, she couldn't be "two-thirds of the way home" and still be west of 3rd St. on Maple.

NG is going to cover the case tonight! Let's hope it's more than 10 minutes this time. I've heard enough about MJ leave his news to the tabloids & TMZ to cover & get back to the missing NG, Issues & Prime News!!! :furious:

I hope Nancy gives her more time as well..I am tired of hearing about MJ already! What business is it of ours what is in his will ? Or if he is the bio dad of his children ..WTH is wrong with our country. I can't believe they are saying he is not bio dad on national TV..I feel sorry for his children. I hope grandma is keeping them away from the tv that kind of news could be very harmful to them ! Shame on the media!
Ok that was OT but I'm over it already! :furious:

O/T~FYI: Orlando Sentinel has changed there web page layout.....I wanted to let you all know in case you go there & and become confused that you opened the wrong link! :wink:

Have we ever seen a concrete statement from LE in the media that Lindsey was not seen on the Shell gas station surveillance tapes? In every link I've seen so far it states they are "under review." Where did the information that she was not seen in the surveillance tapes come from? KK?

:confused:

I thought her friend's address was 647 Maple St. We even saw a pic of her house with the numbers on it.

Anyway, I'm just saying that according to the map and the location we're using for Lindsey's house, 3rd Street is about half-way home, so if she were 2/3 of the way home, she'd already have to be on Mommsen (her street.) So that contradicts saying that she didn't even make it to 3rd St. Just sayin'

NG is on here now, so far 35 solid minutes of MJ. Will keep watching for Lindsey updates.

Have we ever seen a concrete statement from LE in the media that Lindsey was not seen on the Shell gas station surveillance tapes? In every link I've seen so far it states they are "under review." Where did the information that she was not seen in the surveillance tapes come from? KK?

:confused:

It was reported in at least 2 news media reports that she wasn't seen on the tapes from the gas station that night. The articles would be in the 1st thread stating this.

If I have a chance I'll try to see if I can find the link to them.

Looks like NG is only going to give this case 10 minutes, if that just like last night! :furious:

I thought her friend's address was 647 Maple St. We even saw a pic of her house with the numbers on it.

Anyway, I'm just saying that according to the map and the location we're using for Lindsey's house, 3rd Street is about half-way home, so if she were 2/3 of the way home, she'd already have to be on Mommsen (her street.) So that contradicts saying that she didn't even make it to 3rd St. Just sayin'

It may "feel" like two-thirds of the way home but is really a little more than halfway home. I think two-thirds is a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member