WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing on her posts ( KK) she says that there were problems at school with Lindsey being picked on by some girls at school. Apparently they used to be friends then it turned not so friendly and then befriended her again shortly before Lindsey went missing of course this is not confirmed just posted and stated...

I hadn't heard that...these poor kids, both Lindsey and her brother were being picked on,...makes you wonder what's going on with the two of them.

Out of all the people, KK should have her stories straight from K. She should know exactly what K saw, when she saw it, and where they were when it happened. It is so odd to me that KK should have to "retract" statements at all.

The truth doesn't change. Either K knows a person saw the fight and sent J home or not. She should also know this person enough to describe them to KK and if the person lived near Lindsey or lived near K. For crying outloud, someone needs to verify information on this supposed witness!

I would think she is totally stressed with both her and her daughter as the last ones to see Lindsey. I think she hears things from her daughter, mom Baum, blogs, paper, TV, friends and gets confused. And on top of all that, the reporting isn't that great on this case. Seems like we are all confused!! lol

An article updated today...sorry if it's already been posted

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/northwest/story/795384.html

Thank you. Some interesting things said in that article. For instance: (bolded by me)

Lindsey’s older brother had left the Maple Street residence before his sister after the two had a dispute over the bike Lindsey had borrowed from him that day...

So according to this article, the fight happened, or at least JB parted ways AT KK's house?

Thank you. Some interesting things said in that article. For instance: (bolded by me)
"Lindsey’s older brother had left the Maple Street residence before his sister after the two had a dispute over the bike Lindsey had borrowed from him that day... "

So according to this article, the fight happened, or at least JB parted ways AT KK's house?

OMG! Now is that bad reporting or is everything all just completely confused now???

Another thing on her posts ( KK) she says that there were problems at school with Lindsey being picked on by some girls at school. Apparently they used to be friends then it turned not so friendly and then befriended her again shortly before Lindsey went missing of course this is not confirmed just posted and stated...
Guess we can add students to the list of possible suspects now, too!

I hadn't heard that...these poor kids, both Lindsey and her brother were being picked on,...makes you wonder what's going on with the two of them.

Many many moons ago, when I was Lindsey's age, we moved to a small town from out of state.

Children that age can be cruel to "new kids" and if they know they are getting to you, they don't let up.

My brother who was a year older, got picked on even worse than I did but we both got picked on. My little brother 2 years younger, blended in and didn't get the teasing like me and my older brother did. 10-13 is a hard age for kids if you are new in a small town. jmo

Girls are much more mean now, than they were when I was young.

I would think she is totally stressed with both her and her daughter as the last ones to see Lindsey. I think she hears things from her daughter, mom Baum, blogs, paper, TV, friends and gets confused. And on top of all that, the reporting isn't that great on this case. Seems like we are all confused!! lol
It is amazing how in such a short distance and timeframe there can be so many different accounts and so many people possibly involved! Amazing. :waitasec:

OMG!!!! I didn't catch that sentence!!!!! What's going on here? Either terrible reporting or terrible info being given out. Thanks for the catch...yikes!

OMG! Now is that bad reporting or is everything all just completely confused now???

That was supposedly said by Undersheriff Rick Scott, according to the article.

Could be bad reporting... or could be that certain key people are spreading false info, intentionally. I'm not sure yet. I need to go find the sources for the "behind the shell" accounts of the story.

Here is yet another account about the brother going home but without the "someone" telling him to go home ? WTH...

(snipped by me)

"Kampen said she has replayed that Friday evening in her head over and over. So has her daughter, Michaela, 10, who spent the day swimming with Lindsey. They walked together with Josh Baum, 13, to the Kampen house. But halfway there, Michaela said they teased Josh, getting under his skin enough so he turned around and couldn’t walk back with Lindsey. That’s something he now regrets deeply, Kampen said."

http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/07/03/local_news/doc4a4e415cdb51d302573546.txt

Hi, I think it is also less than consistent with what we have learned from Kara except for the word 'teased'. Two Yesses and three no's.

The 2 girls had spent the day swimming together, YES, the 3 kids walked together to Michaela's house, YES.

Half way there, NOT HEARD BEFORE, {but would be right about behind the Shell station.

Teased, NOT HEARD, RATHER that L & J argued, L telling him she was tired of pushing the bike and wanted him to take it back home. A CHANGE IN STORY, but not of major importance to case IMO

He turned around, NOT HEARD, Rather a neighbor/family friend heard the argument, interveined and asked him to take the bike back home.

Supposedly, the fight took place behind the Shell station according to KK. If it is true, the person living on Simpson would not have been on Mommsen where the fight took place.

. . . unless she was not at home when she saw and heard them arguing. IMO

. . . unless she was not at home when she saw and heard them arguing. IMO
Yes, but I was referring to the post putting her at the Shell station to get gasoline or other things. The person would be parked in front and not in back.

I'm just trying to rule out as many people as possible :)
There's not that many people in this little town.

If it's an out of towner, just passing through... well, I am lost then. But I really don't think that's the case. I have been looking at the map for over a week now and I just can't see anyone simply "passing through" McCleary. They seem to have to know someone or be there for some reason.

I really feel like this one is solvable. I just pray that by some miracle, it's not too late for Lindsey when it all breaks!

Hi A_Closer_Look, The only reason I could see someone needing to pass thru McCleary is to access 3rd St which becomes Summit St or the Old Olympic Hwy to get to Shelton.

I think that would be the quickest way to get there if one lived south of Hwy8 and west of Olympia. Lots of people work in Shelton and go home to other towns. Correction Center.

After reading the account from KK about the bike having no chain, LB "pushing herself around on it" for some time, and then the argument behind the shell about LB wanting JB to take the bike home and the ensuing argument which was broken up by the neighbor/family friend...

I'm not buying it. Not only does it not make any sense to me that LB would be pushing herself around on a bike with no chain, while MK and JB were walking with her, but there's simply not enough time in the timeline for it to be for "a while"

8:19 @ video store. Now, walk back to LB's house for her to bath and change clothes (also reported by KK), then leave and walk all the way to KK's house to arrive between 9 and 9:10? I could buy that if both the video store and KK's house were in LB's back yard, which we know they're not. I know it's a small town but that's one tight timeline. Too tight imo.

She specifically states that Lindsey pushes herself on the chainless bike and "after a while" gets tired of it. There can be no "while" there... there's not a minute to spare imo.

Hi A_Closer_Look, The only reason I could see someone needing to pass thru McCleary is to access 3rd St which becomes Summit St or the Old Olympic Hwy to get to Shelton.

I think that would be the quickest way to get there if one lived south of Hwy8 and west of Olympia. Lots of people work in Shelton and go home to other towns. Correction Center.

Ah, thank you! That makes perfect sense and I hadn't thought of it possibly being a thru-way for north/south traffic. I forgot about 108 leading up that way.

Yes, but I was referring to the post putting her at the Shell station to get gasoline or other things. The person would be parked in front and not in back.

It depends on what they are saying is the "back of the Shell". There are parking areas on three sides. It sits kind of angled on the lot so it's hard to say what they are calling the back of the Shell.

Cool weather reinvigorates search for missing girl

It's been ten days since Lindsey Baum, 10, was reported missing in McCleary.

The search for Baum has tapered off, but Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott says the change in weather is good for search and rescue teams. "The canines were affected by the heat."

Scott says their teams will be going deeper into wooded areas they've already searched and also focusing on the off road vehicle park east of McCleary.

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=186214

Yep, I live west of McCleary/Olympia and when I go to Shelton I cut through McCleary. When my husband worked at the prison in Shelton he also cut through McCleary. A lot of people live in our area and work up at the prison up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle