WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like that ML the one that seems to have a problem with lindsey's mom and brother. i believe her son was friends with lindsey.

sounds like that ML the one that seems to have a problem with lindsey's mom and brother. i believe her son was friends with lindsey.
If in fact that was ML's post she seemed confident in her feelings of directing All LE (FBI) to take a closer look at the family and timeline of events that evenning. ML also seemed confident that LE & FBI are quite aware of problems within the home. Can we pull the link of ML's post on these sites? "Whats Going On" in Mc Cleary that so much info is kept hushed during an ivestigation causing the public to feel as nothing is being done to find Lindsey? Lets see, Big attempt by many initially to find her, Search quickly dismissed with not much of a concrete answer as to why, turning the case over to Seattle FBI headquaters as ongoing, statements by LE stating that it was someone Lindsey knew, what else am I forgetting ? I have so many confusing thoughts as to how Lindsey may have been lured. She was alittle girl who didn't even want to pretend in her mind running away to a sunnier place. This is a direct opposite thought of her 911 calls. Why would Lindsey tell her friend that she would stay right where she is if something was as horrible as what some may be thinking on here? There just has to be more than stranger abduction!

To be perfectly honest, I am so freakin confused. We can't get a straight story even on the clothes that Lindsey was wearing, let alone a possible suspect pool. I mean, come on, really, NO one saw anything, or heard anything? We haven't even heard someone coming forward to say that they thought they heard a child scream, but chalked it up to playfulness. Nothing.
We have post abduction tips, but as far as the abduction itself, which I am almost certain it was, we know nothing more than was known on 6/27, the day after.
I am having a hard time comprehending how this is even possible.

I sure do miss my old house that had central air!!!
smiley_emoticons_ventilator.gif

Karen, et al, I agree that something is amiss. I've not been feeling comfortable about the dogs either. They made excuses why they didn't pick up her scent...but its hinky to me. Maybe we all need to start a new thread and retrace EVERYTHING and brainstorm all over again.

Dear Friends: Yesterday, I did a search on SO's in the Shelton area and I found some significant detail on a SO site that just about floored me. Now I can't find all of that info. Please see my post in SO's near McCleary thread.

Karen, et al, I agree that something is amiss. I've not been feeling comfortable about the dogs either. They made excuses why they didn't pick up her scent...but its hinky to me. Maybe we all need to start a new thread and retrace EVERYTHING and brainstorm all over again.
Hey Kimster, I'm with you on "Lets start over" I want to go as deep as JB's treatment of his own dog! My gut tells me that the perp took advantage of the confusing time within the home, zoning in on a girl who wasn't feeling connected to her home enviroment. Lindsey appeared to have much ambivelance towards brother in the weeks prior to abduction. What we haven't heard is Mom baum's feelings of Lindsey being encouraged to call 911 and Mom Baums attitude about LE bringing Lindsey home each time and the possible repercussions Lindsey may have suffered emotionally or physically for making those calls and drawing more attention to the family. If you think about it Mom Baum has had alot of emotional incidents to deal with regaurding her children. At the same time we must admit that Mom Baum is also a woman who has emotional needs that go along with being a single woman as well as physical desires unless she is currently celebate. Pedophiles are astuite at spotting this, This could mean someone close to family or an aquaitence that may have had minimal contact with the adults in Lindsey's life. When Tuba (astro thread) speaks of the brother being on the cusp of possibly knowing the perp it makes me want to know if anyone (adult) befriended him, grooming and manipulating him for info on family. This would have one asking if this could be a scout leader, LE officer, park ranger, and the list could go on even as far as the brothers couselors that have been assessing him for his juve crime. I'm not stating this is the case but JB would be an easy target for manipulation by an adult. Just ideas to start from. As I'v stated working from what is known about the family and branching off from their. It might be interesting to do a family type tree of all surrounding this case and how it branches out. Maybe the heat is making me delirious.... Kimster, jump in a cold shower today, I plan on it!

Sorry, I would not live without air conditioning. I don't know how anyone can. Can you get at least a little window unit for your bedroom?

As for the sighting. . .I think it is a case of mistaken identity. I wouldn't recognize Lindsey and I have looked at her pictures.
Those little window units do cost money to use a couple of weeks out of the year, but to me it would be a worthwhile investment. It sure beats melting.

It could easily be a case of mistaken identity. I find pre-teens and teenagers have a tendency to blend together due to the styles of haircuts and clothing unless there is something to make them stand out in a crowd. (Promoting individuality is always a plus in my book!)

Can someone link the Komo 4 interview with Sherrif Richardson stateing they have brought human cadavar dogs back to search all the homes around the Baums house? This is so interesting as he stated that they are working off tips and leads that have been comming in!!!!! Wonder what local Le is helping out with?

I'm listening to KOMO live...wish they'd quit reminding me about the weather!
toohot.gif
This is why I was so happy to leave Fresno! Only in Fresno, I had an awesome swamp cooler! LOL

This was at the very beginning of the show. Looks like the nights aren't going to get cooler. This weather has brought out the dormant witch or _itch in me! Normally I'm like Mother Teresa! LOL! In my urge to type fast i remeber Sherriff R stateing the heat might not be a good factor for sniffing by the dogs. This makes you wonder why they are so intent to focus on today! Remeber Tuba stating something was going to a tide in finding Lindsey towards the end of the month? What a Manic Monday! Go Go's the hounds! if it weren't so dang hot I'd say jump in your car and we'll meet in Mc Cleary. Hubby left for Olympia and I told I wished I would have known so he could drive a bit further and dropp me off in Mc Cleary. He said I don't think so. Those small towns are wilder than what their portraying. This mentality from him must come from his earlier days doing the circut as a musician. he hated to play in those bars, especially Aberdeen!

Kimster had to quote you just so we could push the guy with the fan down the page. Makes me feel cooler. hehe.

It's 110 heat index where I'm at--feel for you guys who don't have ac! My car has broke down ac. Have to use ice and a fan in there and I have to run an errand.

I'm thinking about Lindsey. What if she is locked in somewhere and suffering?

Kimster had to quote you just so we could push the guy with the fan down the page. Makes me feel cooler. hehe.
I didn't realize you were here in Wa. too. Do you believe this weather? Whats going on in your neck of the woods? Any rumblings about the dogs? Is the pool packed?

If I thought it were any cooler up there in McCleary - I would jump in the car POST HASTE! I do have some good news! My church gave me another portable A/C for my bedroom! I have one in the living room now. Ya need one for every room in this weather! <gasp!>

They seem to have an excuse for those dogs every time! I'm glad they are doing it. They should have gone house to house regardless, IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the small towns, you get to know the rowdy ones. And they do tend to take care of their own town. LOL! You know what they say....a dog doesn't like to poop in its own backyard! In fact, there was a purse snatching in my small town a couple of years back. LE couldn't prove it and arrest the guy, so one of the meth dealers ran him out of town! He said the guy was putting the heat on all of them and wanted him OUT!

Can someone link the Komo 4 interview with Sherrif Richardson stateing they have brought human cadavar dogs back to search all the homes around the Baums house? This is so interesting as he stated that they are working off tips and leads that have been comming in!!!!! Wonder what local Le is helping out with?

Who is Sheriff Richardson?

I thought the FBI was in charge of this now. I'm currently watching Kiro a King and neither one is saying anything about Lindsey.

I'm so glad you recieved that unit cause now I don't feel so bad in telling you I'm hunkerd down in my room with a cotton night shirt and 3 large dogs with the AC unit on full blast. I'v ventured out for more coffee and it feels like a smothering blanket. Were gonna have to watch out for Cyberswept and make sure she checks in. Stay home Cyber! Lots of water! and cold showers.

I didn't realize you were here in Wa. too. Do you believe this weather? Whats going on in your neck of the woods? Any rumblings about the dogs? Is the pool packed?

Yes, right here in McCleary. I also met Jvk at the vigil last Friday.

The weather? Yeah it's hot for here, but then I love the heat and no, I don't have AC. :) Went to Vegas one year, it was 112. Everyone else was dying and I loved it.

Haven't seen anything about the dogs, but I don't live right in town. I am just outside the city limits, south east of town.

The only pool we have is my daughter's kiddie pool and so far she hasn't been in it yet. I expect to get the call anytime now... "Papa, I want to go in the pool... hurry!" You can come down and jump in if you want. :)

Who is Sheriff Richardson?

I thought the FBI was in charge of this now. I'm currently watching Kiro a King and neither one is saying anything about Lindsey.
I don't know when Komo will have the lunch time news posted to internet but it was in the very beginning of the segmant showing the Sherrifs name across the TV with his voice on audio discussing the dogs. It was a short segment by Connie Thompson. I'm going to search the net and see if anything else has been said. Let us know if the other channels report this as it would seem odd that this would only be reported on one channel. Are you staying cool as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member