Identified! WA - LIVING woman, Bellevue, 10 June 2021, non-English speaker - n/a

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by TwoLea, Jun 10, 2021.

1. TwoLea

TwoLea Active Member

Laughing, j_in_c and Damarna like this.

2. annpats

annpats Well-Known Member

Oh dear.

To not be able to speak just a few basic words of English, indicates to me she has little to no education and would also suggest no access to life or people outside of where she stays/works. Basically, no contact with "American life".

I wonder if she was trafficked and has managed to escape?
    This would also make her reluctant to name herself in case she thinks she's in trouble or will be deported.

The only alternative I can think of, is maybe she's a visiting relative and has somehow got lost? But if this were the case, then someone would have reported her missing, surely?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    Laughing likes this.
  3. lonewanderer

lonewanderer Well-Known Member

She looks a little old to be a traffic victim.

Maybe no one was expecting her to visit? She could have been trying to surprise someone, or could have been imposing herself on them.

Its also entirely possible she is in the completely wrong place she intended to be. With language barriers and rude, impatient Americans (especially when it comes to dealing with foreign language) I don't think its too impossible for her to have missed a flight connection and then was just dropped off somewhere kind of random by someone like an Uber/Lyft driver or Taxi.

Gibbo214 likes this.
  4. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

5. Gibbo214

Gibbo214 Former Member

Also, in dementia people often lose their later acquired language and revert back to their mother tongue.

6. ntt1

ntt1 Well-Known Member

Not uncommon amongst Chinese immigrants to have no English skills. Some relatives of mine lived in North America for 70+ years and still did not speak a lick of English.

Ajaygee11, Bethan, nao and 1 other person like this.