Found Deceased WA - Lucian Munguia, 4, Sarge Hubbard Park play area, last seen 7:15pm, Yakima, 10 Sept 2022

***UPDATE 7:30pm***

YPD and Yakima County Sheriff's Office News Release

Wow! I’m really shocked by this. They are saying they can’t find any evidence of an abduction. That leaves lost or accident. All the more reason that ground/water searches need to continue.
Because they know what direction he left in, and they’ve viewed all video that is in the area, I’m am assuming they are convinced he is in the water. Unfortunately, there are very few buildings, businesses, or residences in that direction to pick him up on camera, and there are no roads.
I hope they thoroughly searched the Cement company. It likely has cameras, but it is a large area and the plant is closed on Saturdays and Sundays. Kids love big trucks and machinery.

Attachments

• 935C6B1D-F7C0-4835-96F8-7F8C5B48CD1C.jpeg
    935C6B1D-F7C0-4835-96F8-7F8C5B48CD1C.jpeg
    280.5 KB · Views: 6
SEP 12, 2022
[...]

Officials with the Yakima Police Department and Yakima County Sheriff’s Office said Monday night that they will continue to have staff dedicated to the effort and are now asking the public to participate.

[...]

The search led by the Yakima County sheriff’s search and rescue team has involved more than 150 people, with crews from Pierce, King, Spokane, Kittitas and Klickitat counties, Moses Lake and Gleed fire and the U.S. Air Force. Searchers have used 15 search dogs, ATVs, boats, kayaks, drones, underwater drones, dive teams and a helicopter.

The officials said they are now scaling back the assistance from around the state and the search and rescue team.

Detectives established that the boy left the playground alone and headed south and east, the release said.

“Unfortunately, there is a fast-flowing river, a pond, and a deep lake in that direction,” the release said. “Underwater drones and divers checked both bodies of water with negative results.”

Detectives went to nearby homes and businesses for video, searched homeless encampments with permission and interviewed people in the area. There was no indication of foul play.

[...]

SEP 12, 2022
[...]

Officials with the Yakima Police Department and Yakima County Sheriff’s Office said Monday night that they will continue to have staff dedicated to the effort and are now asking the public to participate.

[...]

The search led by the Yakima County sheriff’s search and rescue team has involved more than 150 people, with crews from Pierce, King, Spokane, Kittitas and Klickitat counties, Moses Lake and Gleed fire and the U.S. Air Force. Searchers have used 15 search dogs, ATVs, boats, kayaks, drones, underwater drones, dive teams and a helicopter.

The officials said they are now scaling back the assistance from around the state and the search and rescue team.

Detectives established that the boy left the playground alone and headed south and east, the release said.

“Unfortunately, there is a fast-flowing river, a pond, and a deep lake in that direction,” the release said. “Underwater drones and divers checked both bodies of water with negative results.”

Detectives went to nearby homes and businesses for video, searched homeless encampments with permission and interviewed people in the area. There was no indication of foul play.

[...]
The need to check again. :(

Baffling to me that 15 bloodhounds would not pick up a scent?
The word is his trail led to the pond. There were sprinklers on a timer that went on during the search and the dogs lost the scent.

If he loved fish wouldn't he have a special attraction to water. In April '22 there was a "fish in" for children at the pond. Did he attend there? Would it be possible to pump off the water of the pond or it "simply" to big? I know they do this sometimes in the Netherlands searching for a body or evidence.

Last edited:
Is it correct he was playing with his older brother when he got lost? Sorry, found it upthread.

Lucian Munguia was last seen Saturday evening playing with his older brother at Sarg Hubbard Park. He and his brother were rolling down a grass hill by the playground when his older brother couldn't see him anymore.

Last edited:
The word is his trail led to the pond. There were sprinklers on a timer that went on during the search and the dogs lost the scent.

If he loved fish wouldn't he have a special attraction to water. In April '22 there was a "fish in" for children at the pond. Did he attend there? Would it be possible to pump off the water of the pond or it "simply" to big? I know they do this sometimes in the Netherlands searching for a body or evidence.
Is that the pond with the round platform?

Is it correct he was playing with his older brother when he got lost? Sorry, found it upthread.

Lucian Munguia was last seen Saturday evening playing with his older brother at Sarg Hubbard Park. He and his brother were rolling down a grass hill by the playground when his older brother couldn't see him anymore.

The area in the victinity of the playground seems to be pancake flat, no grassy hills to roll down them. The nearest grassy hill is on the other side of the road, behind the parking lot, the next one is near the pond. But the only possibility of sudden vanishing is here plopping directly into the pond or being grabbed by someone, when the older brother was still rolling. I don't know...

It sort of seems someone might have heard a splash or something if Lucian had entered the water?

Do we know how deep the pond is near the sprinkler where his scent was lost? I'm going to check.

I'm wondering if someone may have thrown something of his in--i.e. a shoe, etc, or it could have fallen in if they picked him up?

This is what we're discussing, correct?

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 1.28.31 PM.png

This is what we're discussing, correct?

View attachment 366014
I think so, but not positive. That’s the closest to where they were, but there are other ponds in the area. If it is that pond, I wish we knew which area the dogs scented to. There were discussions about restrooms in the area on his FB thread and locals said the main ones were locked. I do see porta potties up by the playground restroom, but I don’t know how old the satellite shot is.
Someone mentioned there is an old outhouse type restroom at the end of the fishing pond. I wonder if it was the building I circled in yellow. I am sure it has been searched, but there’s many a case where pedo’s and predators have abducted children and adults from public restrooms. Could someone have been lurking in that area around dusk? There are no cameras that I can see down that end.

Attachments

• CECB4316-D2AC-47FC-89D4-7D2561B72C60.jpeg
    CECB4316-D2AC-47FC-89D4-7D2561B72C60.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads