Found Deceased WA - Lucian Munguia, 4, Sarge Hubbard Park play area, last seen 7:15pm, Yakima, 10 Sept 2022

Th

The timing of 7:15 of the last time dad saw him and the police being called at 7:30 seems super fast to me. By the time you notice the child Is missing and look for him in that size park I think it would take more than 15 mins to realize he's gone gone. I wonder if the child was ever really at the park, I hate to say that but something seems off to me with the parents and their timing in the story. I pray im wrong and he is found safe and soon this is very sad.
Maye with the Dad knowing he was by himself with two other kids, he knew he couldn't search fast enough and just called LE right away. Probably tried searching a little and called out his name and when he didn't come, he just called. I for sure would rather over react then under in that situation especially knowing we were by water. That area seems huge.

I just caught up on this sweet boy’s case and wanted to say a prayer for him.

When my two with autism were his age they were escape artists with lightening speed. They also have ADHD and never stopped. If he had an idea in his head he might be far away. Do we know how far away his house is from the park?

Praying - I really believe there is still hope.

re: the building housing the restroom, which may be closed

Cameras marked would capture if Lucian crawled under a building like this one, right? It seems they would?

I am not able to tell if that is possible? Just thinking of other games young kids might play and "hide and seek" comes to mind. I wonder if it is something the brothers ever played together?

BBM

In the previously linked video interview with his parents, they said that Lucian doesn't understand the concept of "hide and seek." His brother will tell him to hide, then when his brother walks away he jumps up and follows his brother.

Bring Lucian home’: Missing Yakima boy’s family expands search as authorities pull back

YAKIMA, Wash. — The search for missing 4-year-old Lucian Munguia took on a different note Wednesday morning, as family members took over coordinating search efforts from law enforcement — now without drones, tracking dogs or trained search and rescue personnel.
“Right now, all of this has fallen back on family, friends and the community and we need all the help that we can get,” said Lance Ford-Ibanez, a family member who’s taken on the task of coordinating search efforts.

Now lacking a fully-equipped mobile command post, family members are making do with picnic tables, pop-up canopies, printed maps and laptops plugged into a portable generator — many of the resources, donated by community members.

[…]

Ford-Ibanez said they’re planning to expand the search area past the point where previous trained teams left off, but will continue to use their makeshift command center next to the playground at Sarg Hubbard Park. “We are looking for experienced hikers … because there is tough terrain, there is brush and thick vegetation that needs to be looked through,” Ford-Ibanez said.
[…]

He said they’re in need of walkie-talkies or radios to help search teams keep in touch with their makeshift command center, as well as reflective vests, flashlights and other supplies to help volunteers keep safe.

“It’s great that the mother and father have been paying attention to what we’re what we were doing and they are organized, which is great,” Yakima County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Casey Schilperoort said.
[…]

Authorities started pulling back resources from the search Tuesday after teams and personnel from across the state were unable to locate Lucian, despite repeatedly using specialized equipment to scout the area. “We’ve searched all these places two, three, four times and we find no evidence we find no clues,” Schilperoort said. “We find nothing of Lucian anywhere. And so we stop.”

More at link:
'Bring Lucian home': Missing Yakima boy's family expands search

It is heartbreaking to see what his family is going through. I hope that EquuSearch or another of the volunteer SAR groups, will come in to help them.

His Mom said that altho autistic he is not non verbal and refers that he would be able to express himself in English. I found that curious. Does Lucian speak another language?
I’m unsure if I’m understanding your question correctly, but here goes with what I think you mean…(but please correct me if I’m wrong :) )

It has been my experience that parents whose native language was something other than English, that at home they spoke their first language to their children. And generally their children answered their parents questions and conversed in English.

I grew up in a large urban city many moons ago and this was a common practice, even back then.

I had friends who spoke in their native languages in their home. One’s first language was Egyptian and the other’s was Spanish. Their children always answered their questions and spoke in general in English.
So one day I asked them why they did this. They responded by saying that they didn’t want their children to forget their heritage, and most importantly (IMHO) they found it beneficial for their children, in the long run, to be, at the very least, bilingual. And they spoke Egyptian to one another when they didn’t want curious ears knowing what they were discussing. Their children only knew a teeny tiny amount of Egyptian, but we’re able to understand and speak Spanish.

Regardless of growing up in a large city/area, I can’t imagine that this practice has changed.

m00. YMMV.

This is disappointing and frustrating.

Another issue is some of the homeless people who camp along the river and the Greenway. Cameron said some of the searchers have had rocks thrown at them and been yelled at by homeless people who told them to leave or gave them false reports of hearing a child crying.

"Homeless (people) has been a big issue for this search alone," Cameron said. "It scares (the searchers.) It makes them hesitant to go into some areas." He said Camp Hope and the gospel mission have tried to encourage those people to come to their shelters, but they have refused.

The search teams have sorted through multiple sighting reports of Lucian that turned up fruitless.

I totally can imagine people searching get uncomfortable going there, but I'm so very happy the word 'some' is used in the sentence, because personally I can't handle a generalization some people make out there that every homeless person is bad. Maybe Camp Hope and the gospel mission can search themselves or ask around.

Another issue is some of the homeless people who camp along the river

15 minutes probably also accounts for 2 other very small children in tow.

It sounds like a really long time, but I imagine it was frantic and went something like "What? Where is your brother. Take this, hold my hand, hold your sister, let's all go, let me put her in the carriage, etc," All while calling his name, asking people nearby if they had seen him, etc.
Yes, totally something like that. You describe it very well. Maybe the father was even still into changing the diaper and had to make sure the baby was ok, not going to fall or whatever.

I think the 7:15 when dad realized Lucian was no where to be seen is an approximation. I can't imagine a father -being frantic, making sure the baby is ok, realizing a child is missing and starts looking- first thought is to look at his phone or watch to check what time it is.

Last edited:

"Yakima Police Chief Matt Murray told KAPP-KVEW in an interview Tuesday that investigators found video that shows Lucian leaving the park in a southeast direction by himself and that they do not suspect foul play."
Ok I did not see that in my search or on the FB page for him. I'm glad they saw him. Thank you
Thank you so much!
I was on my way out and did not have the time to respond quickly.
I saw the video and I took what he said different. I listened and it sounded like the police said they have video so they know he didn't go west but he didn't specifically say if they had video of the little boy or just video knowing he wasn't seen that way. But I'd like to see him on video which I haven't seen any proof of so that's why my question came up.

I’m unsure if I’m understanding your question correctly, but here goes with what I think you mean…(but please correct me if I’m wrong :) )

It has been my experience that parents whose native language was something other than English, that at home they spoke their first language to their children. And generally their children answered their parents questions and conversed in English.

I grew up in a large urban city many moons ago and this was a common practice, even back then.

I had friends who spoke in their native languages in their home. One’s first language was Egyptian and the other’s was Spanish. Their children always answered their questions and spoke in general in English.
So one day I asked them why they did this. They responded by saying that they didn’t want their children to forget their heritage, and most importantly (IMHO) they found it beneficial for their children, in the long run, to be, at the very least, bilingual. And they spoke Egyptian to one another when they didn’t want curious ears knowing what they were discussing. Their children only knew a teeny tiny amount of Egyptian, but we’re able to understand and speak Spanish.

Regardless of growing up in a large city/area, I can’t imagine that this practice has changed.

m00. YMMV.
this is all correct.

im not a verified insider or anything, because i dont feel comfty asking them about it at this hard time, but i know some of Juano's family and they are all several generation Mexican Americans and the child mother is white i believe. The boy speaks but its a little garbled.

"Yakima Police Chief Matt Murray told KAPP-KVEW in an interview Tuesday that investigators found video that shows Lucian leaving the park in a southeast direction by himself and that they do not suspect foul play."
They saw him leaving the park? Do they mean the area just around the playground and lake?
He was alone and they don’t suspect foul play. That would seem to mean that they think he is in the river and Occam’s Razor says that is most likely what happened to little Lucian.
However, I wonder how far they were able to follow him on the video. He may have been alone until he went out of sight, but who’s to say he didn’t meet up with a stranger after that?

They saw him leaving the park? Do they mean the area just around the playground and lake?
He was alone and they don’t suspect foul play. That would seem to mean that they think he is in the river and Occam’s Razor says that is most likely what happened to little Lucian.
However, I wonder how far they were able to follow him on the video. He may have been alone until he went out of sight, but who’s to say he didn’t meet up with a stranger after that?
Replying to myself. I studied the maps a little more to look at the park’s boundaries and I may have spotted a CCTV camera on the southern end of the park near where the walking trail from the parking lot area intersects with the Greenway. If this is the camera from which LE got the video of Lucian walking alone, it would explain the direction he was headed, SE, and also that he was headed out of the park. It puts Lucian very close to the river.
The other camera which may have recorded him is the one near the France Appreciation exhibit. If that was the hill where he was playing with his brother, the camera may have recorded him going down the eastern side of the hill where he would come to the Greenway and leave SH Park boundaries. I would classify this as a more eastern direction than SE, but it would depend on how he was traversing the hillside.
At one point LE said that the video had him crossing the parking lot so that would seem to indicate it was the exhibit camera that recorded him.
Do they actually have more than one video?

Attachments

• 3DAE62F8-B531-4D06-B0DB-A2FE25D6FD96.jpeg
    3DAE62F8-B531-4D06-B0DB-A2FE25D6FD96.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 24
  • DA8B020F-63BC-4958-8597-EF5A10483BC1.jpeg
    DA8B020F-63BC-4958-8597-EF5A10483BC1.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 21
  • DEA7758B-1237-4B04-A829-8AF79279288B.jpeg
    DEA7758B-1237-4B04-A829-8AF79279288B.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 21
Replying to myself. I studied the maps a little more to look at the park’s boundaries and I may have spotted a CCTV camera on the southern end of the park near where the walking trail from the parking lot area intersects with the Greenway. If this is the camera from which LE got the video of Lucian walking alone, it would explain the direction he was headed, SE, and also that he was headed out of the park. It puts Lucian very close to the river.
The other camera which may have recorded him is the one near the France Appreciation exhibit. If that was the hill where he was playing with his brother, the camera may have recorded him going down the eastern side of the hill where he would come to the Greenway and leave SH Park boundaries. I would classify this as a more eastern direction than SE, but it would depend on how he was traversing the hillside.
At one point LE said that the video had him crossing the parking lot so that would seem to indicate it was the exhibit camera that recorded him.
Do they actually have more than one video?
I'm just wondering if they have that footage Or any why wouldn't they release a pic? We could see his clothing and what he looks like that day. I truly an curious. Thank you

Where his mother was not at the park--at least that is what I understand, please correct me if I am wrong--is it possible Lucian thought he saw her? Or went to get her?

I'm still trying to find motivation for him heading out in the direction LE says he did. @cvaldez1975 You probably cannot answer this publicly, but just putting it out there in case helpful: would this way lead towards his home? Have they searched as if he may have tried to walk home? I know mine paid much closer attention at a very young age while in the car than I thought, and my niece is autistic and I can see her having done something like that when young. Just a thought. <3

Where his mother was not at the park--at least that is what I understand, please correct me if I am wrong--is it possible Lucian thought he saw her? Or went to get her?

I'm still trying to find motivation for him heading out in the direction LE says he did. @cvaldez1975 You probably cannot answer this publicly, but just putting it out there in case helpful: would this way lead towards his home? Have they searched as if he may have tried to walk home? I know mine paid much closer attention at a very young age while in the car than I thought, and my niece is autistic and I can see her having done something like that when young. Just a thought. <3
this i dont know. their family is originally from bay area CA and some migrated to WA.

Family members, volunteers conducting search for missing 4-year-old in Yakima
Sep 15, 2022

Family members and volunteers are still searching day and night for Lucian Munguia, the 4-year-old boy who went missing Saturday at Sarg Hubbard Park in Yakima.
[…]

“We need people to walk the trails. We need experienced hikers,” Sandra Munguia, Lucian’s mother, said. “Until he is found, we’re not leaving.”

Some family members have not left the park, sleeping in their cars in the Sarg Hubbard’s parking lot. Several are staying at a nearby hotel. We haven’t lost hope,” said Norma Munguia, one of Lucian’s aunts.
[…]

YPD Public Information Officer Yvette Inzunza said in an email that there was no new information on the case and department is still investigating. Inzunza added that YPD is encouraging people to go out and search.

Dan Beam, a family friend with search and rescue and law enforcement experience, is helping organize volunteers. He said search efforts will be focused between the Yakima Greenway and the Yakima River, primarily south of Terrace Heights Drive, where a volunteer told Beam they’d heard a child’s voice Sunday night.
[…]

Yakima resident Flo Quiroz said she shifted her work schedule to come and volunteer beginning at 8:30 a.m. Thursday. “I know Sandra. I’ve known her for years,” Quiroz said. “I couldn’t sit around while her baby is missing.”

Quiroz said she plans on returning to volunteer over the weekend with her friends and family. “Until there’s actual proof, we’re out here and we’re solely (relying) on community to help,” Sandra Munguia said. “Listen for Lucian.”

Photos at link:
Family members, volunteers conducting search for missing 4-year-old in Yakima

SEP 15, 2022
[...]

Lucian's family has started a Facebook page named Finding Lucian to clear up misinformation they've seen online saying Lucian's been found, or rumors they don't want help finding him.

Lucian's Mother Sandra Munguia, said with the Facebook page "there is no miscommunication, you know what we're doing and what we know or are going to put out there. If he's found, we're going to tell you, I'm not going to come out here and waste my time and other people's time. I'm not out here to do that I'm out here to find my son."

[...]

Lucian's mother is grateful for all the help they've received so far, but asks that anyone willing to help reach out to the group on Facebook or to visit them down at the park to help with the search.

[...]

SEP 15, 2022
[...]

“Normally, when we have calls for missing kids, we usually find them within about an hour’s time,” Schilperoort said. “And normally we find them in their own home or in their own yard.”

[...]

However, Schilperoort said he couldn’t think of any cases within the past decade where YCSO search and rescue teams were unable to find a missing child — except for Lucian, who remains missing despite the unprecedented response from authorities and the community.

[...]

Schilperoort said their search and rescue teams will be available to resume search efforts if new information becomes available in the case and they’re called upon by YPD, which is in charge of the investigation.

[...]

“Print Guys just so generously donated over 3,000 flyers to us to since this whole thing has started,” Bailey said. “We’re just going to keep posting those and have people post them on their car so people can see them as you drive around.”

Bailey said they’ve been able to use electric bikes donated by eBoost and ATVs donated by Apple State Powersports to help speed up the process of getting up and down the Yakima Greenway and cover as much ground as possible in their search.

“We appreciate everything that has been given to us; we just ask that you guys keep giving until we can get Lucian back home,” Bailey said. “It doesn’t need to be anything that you need to spend your money on.”

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back