Found Deceased WA - Lucian Munguia, 4, Sarge Hubbard Park play area, last seen 7:15pm, Yakima, 10 Sept 2022

MOD REMINDER:

ALLOWED SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as officially named by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Paraphrasing is okay, but direct quotes, copying/pasting, screenshots from these pages is not allowed.
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by Friends on these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Do not link to a victim or suspect's social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Approved group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for..." (usually a page run by family)
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).
  • Posts by an owner or admin of the above public social media pages may be linked, copied, quoted, or paraphrased. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, announcements by law enforcement, the admin of an approved group support page (usually a page run by family)
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...": If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Also, please remember that Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, or others who have not been officially designated by law enforcement or in mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect is not allowed (i.e. Sleuthing out this type of information, and publicly posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public is not allowed and such posts will be removed, along with any posts that encourage such sleuthing).

This does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

SEP 15, 2022
[...]

Dan Beam, a family friend with search and rescue and law enforcement experience, is helping organize volunteers. He said search efforts will be focused between the Yakima Greenway and the Yakima River, primarily south of Terrace Heights Drive, where a volunteer told Beam they'd heard a child's voice Sunday night.

In the meantime, Community members and businesses have come together to support the search efforts for Lucian. Sandra Munguia said businesses like Famous Dave's and Olive Garden have donated food, while The Print Guys Inc. have helped with flyers. Sandra Munguia added that anonymous donors have helped the family stay at a nearby hotel, and she thanked all involved for their support.

[...]

SEP 15, 2022
[...]

Dan Beam, a family friend with search and rescue and law enforcement experience, is helping organize volunteers. He said search efforts will be focused between the Yakima Greenway and the Yakima River, primarily south of Terrace Heights Drive, where a volunteer told Beam they'd heard a child's voice Sunday night.

In the meantime, Community members and businesses have come together to support the search efforts for Lucian. Sandra Munguia said businesses like Famous Dave's and Olive Garden have donated food, while The Print Guys Inc. have helped with flyers. Sandra Munguia added that anonymous donors have helped the family stay at a nearby hotel, and she thanked all involved for their support.

[...]
If he is out there, maybe he will come towards a familiar sound being loudly broadcast - like the voice of his mom or dad or brother, horns, favorite music, ice cream truck or TV show? Does he have a dog that may scent him?

I’ve read the thread and many articles on this case but can’t remember seeing this anywhere. Has anyone in the family or LE said how busy this park area was at the time of disappearance? And if others were there, have they come forward to speak to LE? According to Google, sunset in Yakima that day was around 7:21. So still some light out but probably not the busiest time of day at a park IMO.

I’ve read the thread and many articles on this case but can’t remember seeing this anywhere. Has anyone in the family or LE said how busy this park area was at the time of disappearance? And if others were there, have they come forward to speak to LE? According to Google, sunset in Yakima that day was around 7:21. So still some light out but probably not the busiest time of day at a park IMO.

Maybe this varies regionally, but here in my pocket of rural-ish New England, in just New England in general, parks would be hopping at that time as long as the weather was nice--which it was.

There was a birthday party, so definitely people still out and around.

It might not be peak "park hour", but in my experience, there is a bit of a clinging to summer vibe, especially when it is not a school night, this time of the year.

Sandra Munguia, the mom of missing Lucian, says she’s been stunned by the amount of support people in the community are giving her.

September 16, 2022

“It takes my breath away to see the people come pray for us. Takes my breath away. The people I see just walking in and out just to search for a moment, it takes my breath away," she said.

Video with Lucian’s mother at link.
KIMA Action News

In the first days there were reports of some type of party being held at the park at the same time that Lucian went missing. I haven’t heard any more about it since.

JMO

SEP 16, 2022
[...]

With the county’s search and rescue teams scaling back efforts, Lucian’s family is asking for more volunteers to help.

[...]

Lucian’s family has a base of operations at Sarg Hubbard Park where volunteers can go to pick up missing child posters as well as split into groups to canvas the area around the park.

To make space for other events happening at the park, the family’s base of operations has moved further up the road at the end of the park’s roundabout.

YPD Public Information Officer Yvette Inzunza said in an email Thursday that there was no new information and that the department is still investigating. Inzunza said YPD encourages people to search.

[...]

SEP 16, 2022
[...]

With the county’s search and rescue teams scaling back efforts, Lucian’s family is asking for more volunteers to help.

[...]

Lucian’s family has a base of operations at Sarg Hubbard Park where volunteers can go to pick up missing child posters as well as split into groups to canvas the area around the park.

To make space for other events happening at the park, the family’s base of operations has moved further up the road at the end of the park’s roundabout.

YPD Public Information Officer Yvette Inzunza said in an email Thursday that there was no new information and that the department is still investigating. Inzunza said YPD encourages people to search.

[...]
Asking parents of a child that had not even been missing a week to move their base of operations for other events at the park is so cruel and disgusting. I don’t even care what the other events are, what could be more important in a park than this. That shows me that the town (the ones in control) doesn’t give this its priority, not even the first week.

I can’t imagine, for instance, this happening in a well known case like Kiely Rodni, Gabbi Petito,... Every family & every missing person should be equal, no mather the race, wealth, amount of friends & family. This really disgusts & infuriates me.

Jmo

Asking parents of a child that had not even been missing a week to move their base of operations for other events at the park is so cruel and disgusting. I don’t even care what the other events are, what could be more important in a park than this. That shows me that the town (the ones in control) doesn’t give this its priority, not even the first week.

I can’t imagine, for instance, this happening in a well known case like Kiely Rodni, Gabbi Petito,... Every family & every missing person should be equal, no mather the race, wealth, amount of friends & family. This really disgusts & infuriates me.

Jmo
I'm hoping it's some miscommunication vs. heartlessness. Everything I've read in MSM thus far has portrayed the locals as being extraordinarily caring and helpful.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Jmo
As heartless as it sounds, life goes on. They can't close the park indefinitely.

Still nothing on this little one? I wonder if searching and flyers have been spread further out at this point? The River is a huge concern because even if he went in, he could be snagged on something. But the pond should be ruled out by now correct? They say foul play is not suspected, but at this point, how has nothing more come to surface?

SEP 18, 2022
[...]

On Sunday, several family members set up a booth at the farmers market on South Third Street to spread the word and pass out flyers. Searchers are still operating out of Sarg Hubbard Park and Family members are looking for volunteers to help in the search.

Lucian’s aunt, Amy Bailey, emphasized that volunteers can do whatever they’re comfortable with. Searchers need help with a range of activities, from putting up flyers on streets and in public places to scouring local parks and wooded areas to specialized searches of the Yakima River.

[...]

Bailey said family members are trying to check every park in Yakima and are asking volunteers to take flyers to their local parks and conduct their own searches there.

They’re also systematically reaching out to specific communities and places throughout the week. On Sunday, volunteers were stopping by churches to hand out flyers. On Monday, they’ll go to colleges and tech schools.

[...]

Bailey added that the Yakima River Runners, a local river recreation group, conducted kayak searches of the Yakima River over the weekend. Cub Crafters, a Yakima-based plane manufacturer, is flying over the river regularly. A volunteer dive team arrived recently to search local bodies of water.

Lucian’s family members are also taking donations to help fund their efforts. Bailey said seven family members have stopped working while looking for Lucian, and that donations were entirely devoted to supplies. Any remaining donations will go to a missing children fund and to increased safety measures at local parks, like fencing, lighting and cameras.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back