GUILTY WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Salem, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justiceformackenzie

justiceformackenzie New Member

That's interesting. If it is related LE seems to be concentrating a lot on the boat lauch.

2. ChelanCountyMom

ChelanCountyMom New Member

If they are at the boat launch in regards to MC........Why did they wait so long?? Lot's of people have been down there since the 9th! If they find something now, it could be thrown out of the court for tampered with evidence.

3. del rio

del rio Former Member

This was discussed back in threads # 5 or 6, IIRC. But, it's OK by me if we rehash it.

Here’s a comprehensive list of all public boat launches between Wanapum Dam and Rock Island Dam:

(1) There are 2 boat launches at CB.

(2) There is one boat launch at Little CB (about 1/2 mile up river from CB Island).

(3) There is also a public boat launch near Malaga at the end of Tarpiscan Road (west side of the river).

(4) There is a fifth and final boat launch at Sunland Estates (about 8-miles down river from CB).

You post refers to the boat launch at Little CB. The problem with this boat launch is that it is not very private. It is located in a wealthy neighborhood with homeowners who reside there year-around. This is a very close-knit community, and they don’t like outsiders using “their boat launch,” even though it is public. Launching a boat at the Little CB boat launch would almost certainly arouse the attention of one or more homeowners.

Also, the Little CB boat launch is about 500 yards from the location where MC’s body was found. I can’t fathom why the perps would launch a boat only to transport MC’s body 500 yards down river.

FYI: I believe that the Little CB boat launch and the 2 boat launches at CB were unusable for purposes of launching boats during the relevant time period because the river level was so low. I don’t know this firsthand, but another sleuther posted that the Tarpiscan boat launch would likewise be unusable for the same reason. I am not familiar with the Sunland Estates’ boat launch.

4. love_to_dig

love_to_dig New Member

Does anyone know how many Chelan County deputies there are and/or how many patrol cars we have in this county?

The reason I ask is that this morning around 8:30 while driving east to Wenatchee, we counted 7 patrol cars and one patrol truck all heading west towards Leavenworth. We saw them as we were driving between Dryden and Monitor. They were spaced about 15 to 20 cars apart, and none had their lights going. Nor were they driving fast.

I have never seen that many deputies all heading in the same direction at the same time. It made me wonder if they were on their way to visit someone, perhaps up a certain pass, and were spaced so far apart so as not to look too conspicuous.

The only other time I see that many deputies is during Apple Blossom, and then they're parked on the side of the road with people pulled over for speeding.

Just speculation on my part. It was certainly weird to see.

5. No More

No More New Member

As in the little town of Warden that is SE of Moses Lake and S of I-90?

6. apple2010

apple2010 New Member

It does seem crazy, but perhaps they have received some sort of tip. My co-worker said they were crawling, so maybe what they are looking for is small and may have gone unnoticed before. And maybe its unrelated, but thought I would put it out there.

7. apple2010

apple2010 New Member

That is strange. Although on my way into town slightly before that, there were several at the School St intersection working traffic so the flatbed caring the Bigfoot truck (monster truck) could pull out. Although, I am hoping that so many were headed north is a good sign!

8. Miss Optimism

Miss Optimism New Member

ginnii345- there was never a public from the family appeal to help located MC. They have not spoken to any media about the disappearance or the murder.

Something else to add, MC's friends were the ones that organized the fundraising efforts. They collected money from a sports game and got about $5,000 that way. Then, they did a walk.

Not trying to judge the family here, but these are just things to think about. Did they not speak out and donate money because they already knew who did it? I don't know because the person is still not arrested so LE obviously needs more, of something.

MOO

9. jgk10414

jgk10414 New Member

Maybe some of MC's jewelry?

10. alt.theory

alt.theory Former Member

Since a Warden LE was there, (Rumor), my thought about it is it was a training exercise. The cost would be spread out, and not charged to the MC investigation, but if they happened to find something related to the case, it could certainly still be used in the investigation.

Guess that might have been all the LE headed out towards Leavenworth too, (maybe just trainees headed back to the coast). ETA: Nevermind this part, I see that happened this morning.

11. erok

erok New Member

I would love to see a photo of them down there... anyone catch an image with their phone???

12. greydiggity

greydiggity New Member

anyone close enough to go take a peek??

13. greydiggity

greydiggity New Member

Lets turn this rumor into a fact. SOMEONE head down there and snap a pic for all us non-locals. Heck, Puf might even add it to her timeline.

14. No More

No More New Member

Is Warden the little town SE of Moses Lake and South of I-90?

15. love_to_dig

love_to_dig New Member

All of the patrol vehicles we saw were CCSO. And with Chelan County being such a huge geographical area, it was strange to see so many concentrated in this one area.

That's why I was curious about the number of patrol cars in the whole county. I wonder what percentage of the total these 8 represent. I've tried researching the total number, but I couldn't find it.

16. erok

erok New Member

17. love_to_dig

love_to_dig New Member

Oops, alt.

I just saw your edit.:blushing:

18. No More

No More New Member

Does anyone know of any Warden connection to this case?

19. sockmonkey

sockmonkey New Member

I just drove by the boat launch and didn't see any LE.

20. apple2010

apple2010 New Member

I will be headed that way shortly and can check. Although, I wouldn't call it rumor, since my co-worker told me directly. I guess since none of you know her nor myself, you can call it rumor. However, the one thing she is not is a liar, so I will accept as fact. She was able to pull into the parking area and the LE cars were positioned as to block any entry to the actual boat launch. We have both been following this case, so she thought to share it with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.