GUILTY WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Salem, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahsgramma

ahsgramma New Member

Today and tomorrow are teacher conferences. Next week is spring break.

2. justiceformackenzie

justiceformackenzie New Member

Who is ST?

3. lbpom63

lbpom63 New Member

oldest Hurd son.

Also lets not forget that JF attended a wedding at the home of the Fuel bar owner years ago (the Fuel bar is right next to the Academy of Hair ), the same owner owns the the bar at Cresent Bar, The Sandtrap. The owner of both has a home within walking distance of the CB house. and I would guess that over the years JF did work out at CB but I cant confirm that. I wonder if there was an employee or friend of family that hung out at that bar and knew MC was just next door, maybe that same day, remember what the aunt said on facebook, she thought that maybe MC could have spoken with some one out side earlier before she left on her break or whatever. again someone who knew the family well. again possible set up, hmmm

4. erok

erok New Member

If the last name is Hurd, why the initials ST?

5. ChelanCountyMom

ChelanCountyMom New Member

I have lived in the Leavenworth area for 20yrs. I drive back and forth to Wenatchee at the least once a day (different times of the day). There has never been that many LE vehicles during their ticket stops. And no...the tourists are not flocking over that much yet. IMO They were checking something out. Even if it had nothing to do with MC.

6. Thinking Out Loud

Thinking Out Loud New Member

Two random questions: First, if JF is as bad as I've heard on here (RUMOUR - womanizer, drinker, criminal record, several lawsuits/judgments against him, meth user, etc., etc.) how did a prominent business woman like WC get involved with someone like him? Second, has anyone seen him at WC's house recently? I know the rumor is that he's staying with a relative up BP, but are he and WC in contact at all?

7. ChelanCountyMom

I've heard WC has a restraining order against him and still sees him somehow. From my experience of being friends with prominent women, they are really good with the business aspect. Alot of them suck at the relationship aspect. So they take what they can get, or they believe in the words of a womanizer man, hoping the man will comfort their loneliness or just want to feel like they are wanted (because they usually are *****es at work all day). At the age WC is, she may have decided to settle rather than being left alone. Just a thought.....

8. Miss Optimism

Miss Optimism New Member

So, the owner of those bars is friends with JF? I go to the Sandtrap when I'm there in the summer and my husband knows who this guy is. Do you happen to know where his place in CB is? Everything is pretty much within walking distance; it's so small.

9. Thinking Out Loud

Thinking Out Loud New Member

I heard the rumor about the restraining order too, but there is no restraining order or protection order on record (fact - I looked).

I can't imagine a mother setting such a bad example for her kids. I'm NOT judging her because I don't know her and I wouldn't wish this situation on anyone!!! No family deserves this horrendous pain. But I feel so bad if she was so insecure to let someone like him into the lives of her kids - even if he is not the killer. I don't know how long they've been together, but he's still married and has a small child and a baby under a year old! :twocents:

10. aj12

aj12 New Member

For what it's worth:

I remember taking a look at WC's Facebook page before it went private. One of the few things she said after MC was found was something like, "Please understand, I'm a very private person". That, along with LE probably telling her to keep quiet, is probably the reason we haven't heard anything from her.

On that note, has anyone read anything about RC?

11. ChelanCountyMom

Well, I witnessed a very prominent woman in our community (will not mention her name) go for a non-working womanizer. Married him within six months of his adultry ways. She was lonely. She wears the pants, and he just strokes her ego. He had always said he wanted a older woman with money to take care of him. This would make him happy (money). Unfortunately, there are a lot of men in the dating world like this. I am a good friend of both and it is so hard to watch.

12. lbpom63

lbpom63 New Member

sorry typed without glasses.. SH

13. Moonsabove

Moonsabove New Member

Where did you hear about the RO??

14. ChelanCountyMom

The only thing I have heard... is that he is a great guy that did alot for MC and pays his son's college tuition. At times he had to pay WC's father (MC's grandfather) to help with transportation to school activities. I've also heard he is in deep mourning.

15. ChelanCountyMom

From someone I know around town (not from here). It could then be labeled as a rumor here. I believe they said the RO was after MC's body was found and that the LE are keeping it closed info to the public. Because he may be a prime suspect. Just what I heard. Not sure what to believe myself.

16. lbpom63

lbpom63 New Member

Cluseo map quested it but MOD took the post down, it is just around the corner. Ask Del Rio about the home where the wedding took place. I am not certain if the Bar owner knows JF but JF did attend/witness a wedding at that home in 94. you would have to google info on bar owner and such. he is on Facebook and myspace. the wedding of RH and CC I tink it was in 94

17. pufnstuf

pufnstuf "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalance

That's the day that DNA is supposed to come back, according to general processing dates I posted in the previous thread. Then fingerprints a little later.

Let's all hope for that.

18. pufnstuf

pufnstuf "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalance

Not a word.

Is the SF that he's engaged to the same one that's a PI in Port Orchard?

19. Hmmm?

Hmmm? New Member

I have a teenage relative that has been close with MC since they were very, very young. RC has been wonderful with assisting her grieving.

In regards to comments about why friends have been the ones organizing the fundraisers and such, I think it is important to remember that sometimes those who are touched by but are on the outer ring of connection want/need to do 'something' to process their own grief....organizing fundraisers and events is a great avenue to do that. I know when a family member of mine died, I was bombarded by food brought to the house. At one point I wanted people just to stop but realized, it was for them as much as it was for me... 'they' need to do 'something'.

20. erok

erok New Member

Not to backtrack too much here but I was just surfing the web, reading some of the MC stories from the media..

I have read here that MC's feet were in water (the creek) and NOT the Columbia River.. right? I found this in a story from KIROTV. Hmmmm.

"The person who found Cowell's body told police her feet were in the water of the Columbia River and she was fully clothed."

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22573930/detail.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.