GUILTY WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #14

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Salem, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgk10414

jgk10414 New Member

Sorry Dogdad...really slow night. But it could be a classic if there is an arrest...someday.

2. Dogdad

Dogdad Former Member

I quit holding my breath about 2 weeks ago. Getting real frustrated with LE

I want to think they know who did this but the more time that go"s by the less confidence I have

3. jgk10414

jgk10414 New Member

I hope they are not holding out for a cellphone that was most likely tossed like a Hail Mary pass into the river.

ETA: I'm not the cheerleading type but since joining WS, I have found a new found respect for LE. And I understand they have to work to a different set of standards, and if it takes a year to get the right person so be it.

But I don't think us sleuthers will survive it if only have the weather, cellphone triangulation, or wipers to talk about.

4. Dogdad

Dogdad Former Member

there was no second shooter on a grassy knoll here... the immediate records would have been actually billing records. The ones missing are site data records which would not have been immediately available

5. Moonsabove

Moonsabove New Member

Today is the first time I've seen the reward poster. Unfortunately, I was at the wrong Auto Mocha to get any answers.

Attached Files:

6. greydiggity

greydiggity New Member

One more thing... should we be worried that they just DNA swabbed and questioned that friend of Mac's yesterday for the third time? As much as I would love to remain optimistic, I strangely feel they might not have any idea after all.

7. jgk10414

jgk10414 New Member

Maybe these are connected. Everyone is trying to collect the reward and turning in everyone they know. Then LE's job to follow up and rule out every possible lead. Over 600 people had been questioned and wasn't that stated awhile ago?

8. Dogdad

Dogdad Former Member

reminds me of a story... I had to have a rather complicated medical procedure performed a few years ago and a relative encouraged me to have it done in Seattle. When I asked why he said "A+ Doctors dont pick a C+ town to practice in"

Made sense, Not sure why it would be any different for LE.

9. humwhatsup

humwhatsup New Member

I am still in wonder about MC posters, I had never even seen one until the other day, and to date, that one has been the only one I have seen. I would think that the family would be out posting them EVERYWHERE!!!! Them putting up posters, could NOT hurt this case?? Emm just don't know.

10. thecrux

thecrux New Member

I don't think le has told the family who the suspect is just that they have one. However if they don't act soon I could see them getting pretty p.o. I can't imagine them telling the family who the perpetual is simply because the parents would probably take the law into their own hands.

11. sunhaven

sunhaven New Member

I see your points for sure!
    I guess I am thinking that the perp wanted to get control over MC quickly without being seen doing so----so getting her to drive him/her somewhere and getting her to walk up to a house using a gun etc. would be far more risky to me (in terms of a neighbor or someone seeing you). So my thought is get control over her quickly inside a carwash, drive down to boatramp and wait or spec house and drive into the garage (with no one seeing MC because she is unconscious), wait until dark, get help moving her into another vehicle, and get the red car up to PC.

12. waitin'4thewrld2chg

waitin'4thewrld2chg Active Member

Going back to a post from last night, I don't think we have commented on the four-day wait before LE returned the call from the car wash attendant, if the carwash visit by MC (and ?), the call, and the four-day wait in fact did occur.

Four days seems like quite a span of time to let pass once a citizen has called LE to state they believe they have had an encounter with a missing person.

13. No More

No More New Member

Do the initials MJ mean anything to anyone? This person is not a minor.

14. ajfa

ajfa Member

Thanks for posting the picture of the missing poster. I assume this is the one that was circulated back around March 11 that we talked about in thread #8 (seems so long ago).

Your picture confirms what we heard about the missing poster that it said MC left the Academy of Hair Design on a short 15 minute break. Is the thought that she was on a 15 minute break still valid, or is the current thinking that she left for the day?

15. Miss Maple

Miss Maple Seeking Justice for MC

I'm thinking that if LE actually had MC's phone, but not the battery....that they could probably just get a new battery for the phone and turn it on. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. But the only reason that I see for the killer to remove the battery is to power it off w/o actually pressing the power button. JMO

PS...thecrux, perp is an abreviation for perpetrator, not perpetual ;)

16. thecrux

thecrux New Member

Magic Johnson ni kidding. What u after?

17. thecrux

thecrux New Member

Sorry

18. Salem

Salem Former Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.