GUILTY WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #15

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Salem, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gone Too Soon

Gone Too Soon New Member

I looked at the 4/6/2010 entry and there appears to be a declaration from a person named JC and a warrant with a Writ of Habeas Corpus. Del, or anyone else - do you have access to check this CN 10-2-00378-3 for MCM on Liberty (willing/able to check)? If not possible, perhaps one of us should go down to Super Court and read declaration or other charging docs in system? I am not able to do it today. Also looks as though fees waived; as in indigent, court appointed legal counsel.

2. greydiggity

greydiggity New Member

what about the "declaration" on the court case by a female. Where would she fit in?

3. Thinking Out Loud

Thinking Out Loud New Member

O.k., hold the phone - MCM is not our guy. I looked it up in the court records just now. It is a custody matter. He took his daughter from Oregon and concealed her from the mother. Allegations of drug abuse as well. No bail. All public record. He was scheduled for another court appearance at 11:30 this morning.

Darn - I had major butterflies for a while.

4. pufnstuf

pufnstuf "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalance

Sure those aren't survey markers? With all the PUD stuff going on, may be something to do with that.

5. greydiggity

greydiggity New Member

For the Love of God. SOMEONE throw us a bone.

6. jarethamarie

jarethamarie New Member

Thanks, Thinking. :(

I was hoping someone sleuther (like you!) Would have access.

I'm bummed, though. His 411 seemed to match up with rumors for other potential players. I was excited for a minute. Grrrr.

7. SCSleuther

SCSleuther It is the province of knowledge to speak and...the

LMAO !! Grey, you are hilarious !! (And you've got some guts !!)

And Puf, thanks for also having the "guts" to post that information from your source.

Wow, I must say this is all such very interesting sleuthing this morning !

IMO, "legs" in the water, as opposed to the original description of "feet"....lends a little more credence to her body not being "placed" in it's final discovery spot.

8. Thinking Out Loud

Thinking Out Loud New Member

I know! I thought I had the bone and was running with it! So disappointed. (Although glad the little girl in this matter was found and is safe.)

9. del rio

del rio Former Member

Here's photo NUMBER 901:

Attached Files:

10. pufnstuf

Upon hearing that, I thought that maybe, since the water is so shallow there, as Del Rio has described... maybe they took her into the water to wash any evidence off of her body and just dropped her in the shallows. I read on another website that the water at in that area can rise and drop 2 feet in no time... so I guess maybe the water rose, pushing her into the shore, and then dropped again, leaving her on the bank with legs submerged.

That part is JMO.

11. scandi

scandi New Member

Thanks Alt, I meant the possibility she was very well hidden in the foliage, which is not how she was found.

That digging on the river bank might have been for something other than a body - evidence buried maybe.

Like our poster with Groucho's Avi said, SS like we can speculate even if it is not FACT ~ yet. ;}

12. justiceformackenzie

justiceformackenzie New Member

They may have thought that they pushed her out far enough that she would float away but the water level dropped and she was beached. That would explain why the police tape went so far out into the water and why they brought in divers.

13. pufnstuf

This is what a temporary survey marker looks like:

[​IMG]

Utility companies use them to mark lines. Private and public (county/state) surveyors use them, too, to mark property lines, right of way, easement, etc.

14. del rio

del rio Former Member

Here's photo NUMBER 902:

Attached Files:

15. pufnstuf

Yeah, good point! From everything I've read about that area, the water level fluctuates a lot. What could be one level one morning could be 2' lower that afternoon. Also there's supposedly a LOT of wind through there. That part of the columbia is described as a wind tunnel. That would explain her body being pushed back to the shore, too.

16. del rio

del rio Former Member

This is a photo of the nail in the spray-painted "B" located in the duck blind. It's about 3 or 4 times longer than the nails used in the brushy-area.

Here's photo NUMBER 903:

Attached Files:

17. del rio

del rio Former Member

Here's photo NUMBER 904:

Attached Files:

18. apple2010

apple2010 New Member

Thanks to you and the others who have shared with us first-hand knowledge. You, Del Rio and others have provided much insight and information to this case. I appreciate what you have to offer, while not jeopardizing LEs efforts or violating your source's confidence.

19. pufnstuf

A lifetime ago, I worked with a surveyor. That surely does look like some of the plastic washers/spikes we used for temp markers. Identical to them.

Possible that LE has learned how good they are for marking, especially with fluorescent plastic washers. Usually, LE forensics uses marker flags...which they number to correspond with records they keep.

20. scandi

scandi New Member

Hi, I thought CSI investigators used little orange or yellow plastic wedges, each having a #, that they set right next to what they have observed that is evidenciary. xox

ETA: In Del's photo with 3 red circles it sure looks like a blood trail tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.